Cake Making & Baking Group

https://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll127/toriatrashhh/SDC13494-1.jpg

lol that burger was for my mum coz she eats lots of junkfood :rofl:

toriaaaa they look so yummy!!! they are brilliant......could just eat some cake now aswell!

Great job Toriaaaa! I am dying to bake again now, the only thing I've made post baby is sardine cake for the dog!!!!
Next week.....

i actually dont like the baking part (i used to bake SOOOO many cakes a day, that i was like a factory!) so its put me off! though if i tried something other than cake im sure id enjoy it!!! its the washing up after i hate!! lol

nuttymummy can you recommend any good books to get started? An idiots guide to cake decorating? I'm looking on Amazon and don't know where to start!

You've officially inspired me. When I'm fat and need to be craned out the house, I will hunt you down and make you eat cake :rofl:

lol ive got lots of books....but to be honest ive only ever made two out of the whole lot!! i tend to use my imagination and come up with something unique for the person its for.

as for the decoration part and general construction of cake...i recommend getting a wilton yearbook. ive got 2009's and its pretty good. it shows u all piping techniques, covering techniques, stacking etc. and lots of ideas.

other books tend to be just cake design ideas rather than HOW to do it!!

NNOOOOO no more cake lol....i always eat the offcuts :rofl: couldnt resist the offcuts of the lemon cake i did the other day!!! YUM!!

Toriaaaa your cupcakes look delicious!! Good job!!

Just want to say to all ur cake making girls, that ive enjoyed reading every page of ur thread, and ur cakes are all amazing. Tracey - u do a fantastic job, must take some patience. Im crap at baking, so really admire you all. Just wish i could eat them :hissy: :sulk: xxx

how come you cant eat them??

yeah definitely takes ALOT of patience....sometimes which i run out of an i end up throwing fondant around the kitchen (literally!!) i could get one thing to go right all day so i cobbed a big ball of fondant at the back door :rofl:

did anyone see a while back someone posted a thread with a link to amazing kids birhtday cakes, i searched cakes in the forum search, and cant find it :(
i really wanna look at them, they had step by step instructions and were really amazing.
anyone?

Here is the cake I made yesterday. First caked I've ever made with decorations! I'm pretty happy with it!

https://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn329/stephenandsarahwedding/IMG00071.jpg

brilliant sarah! save me a slice! love the colour of blue u got there!

Thanks Tracey...I'll definetly save you a slice, it was delicious marble cake!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->