Cake Making & Baking Group

They sound yummy kelly, i want to have a go at making the black forest gateaux ones.

Ooo and i got some of that sponge flour yesterday and it really does make such a difference:thumbup:

im soooo excited the rest of my colour pastes came today i now have all my rainbow colours :happydance:

hummmmmm now what to make :haha:

Where did you get them from hunni...just i have seen lots around and need to order loads! gosh...i could spend loads of cake baking things
x

i got mine from here

a couple of girls said they had problems with the seller but so far so good for me :thumbup:

heres a few of them they are really good, oh lost my nozzle so my cupcakes from today are too embarrassing to show :rofl:

https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/b867c673.jpg

I'm going to make some vanilla and strawberry cupcakes tomorrow. It will be a vanilla cake with strawberry jam in the middle of the cupcake and then vanilla butter icing :) xx

Thats basically what my cream tea cupcakes i just posted are.They are really yummy :)

I missed them as I'm on my phone :dohh: just looked at them and they look scrummy!! Xx

im soooo excited the rest of my colour pastes came today i now have all my rainbow colours :happydance:

hummmmmm now what to make :haha:

Where did you get them from hunni...just i have seen lots around and need to order loads! gosh...i could spend loads of cake baking things
x

i got mine from here

a couple of girls said they had problems with the seller but so far so good for me :thumbup:

heres a few of them they are really good, oh lost my nozzle so my cupcakes from today are too embarrassing to show :rofl:

https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/b867c673.jpg

wow those colours are fab x

made my first proper cake today. its still very ruff around the edges as its only a practise one anyway.

any tips on how to make the icing colours better as they turned out a bit uneven? Im using food dye

Attachments

• 2010-03-24 20.07.28.jpg
    2010-03-24 20.07.28.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 26
I got a mixing bowl with a lid and a hole in the middle so i don't splatter the kitchen with cake mix anymore :)

I want one! Specially for the icing sugar...bah that stuff gets EVERYWHERE! Where did you get it from?

made my first proper cake today. its still very ruff around the edges as its only a practise one anyway.

any tips on how to make the icing colours better as they turned out a bit uneven? Im using food dye

Thats great!
I buy ready coloured icing as I cannot be faffed colouring it all:dohh:

I love those cream tea ones!!

Might have a go at these banana & cinammon ones later now Brookes feeling better and we're germ free again :)

Weeeellll I made my double tier chocolate malteaser cake last night :) Its ooook, but it tilts a little bit :blush: im giving it to my friend tonight so will upload a FB picture after she has seen it!

Next on the agenda…Cookie Monster Muffins!

x

I read this thread every day, lol.

Am I being really dim, I can't find the fb group?

I read this thread every day, lol.

Am I being really dim, I can't find the fb group?

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=110758552269283

There you go hun whats your name so I know to accept you xx

I need to make Austins birthday cake for his party saturday, when would you girls recommend making it? Today or tomorrow?

Personally i'd bake the sponge this evening and then decorate it tomorrow Katy, that was it'll all be finished on Friday and no faffing around for you on Saturday

can you freeze cakes?

I have 32 to make for next week for easter prezzies - buyt the majority Im taking up to Newcastle on Friday so wont have time to make them & decorate them on that day. I could do them Thursday night but worried about there being a disaster or something so would rather do them this weekend & freeze until next friday to decorate... what do you think? x

Cream Tea Cupcakes trial went well and i now have a small batch in the oven...and a massive giant one on my other halfs request! LOL

have made some choc chip cupcakes today was a bit bored and its all i had i could put in them, think i need to go shopping....

Just have to share look im in the last box on my ticker :happydance:

Wow not long now Gemgti! :)

I made a massive cream tea cupcake.Not even sure how my other half is going to manage to eat it!!!

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P3251411.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->