Cake Making & Baking Group

Thank you glitterfairy - they tasted pretty good too lol! I've a long way to go before my frosting skills match you ladies but I've got my biggest critic to try them out tomorrow - my Mum and her best friend, both very experienced in the baking department ooer!!

oh those cupcakes look SO good!
The chocolate orange 1 has my mouth watering, Choc orange is my present choclate (a must have 4 birthdays and xmas :D).
nom nom nom
i bought an uber nozzle today, tis mahoosive - hoping to get to use it tomrow now every1s over the stomach flu :D xxx

Aaaah I keep looking on here on my phone and randomly thanking people!
I've just had my first cake order and i'm petrified! Especially after my disaster with austin's birthday one!

I am pooped!!!

I have made 2 large batches of cupcakes...chocolate, vanilla and strawberry and lemon.
All in one night...and iced them all.
Taking them into work tomorrow as its my birthday over Easter.
Was really pleased with my vanilla recipe....chocolate...was ok but still needs a little work and the lemon one out of the hummingbird book i dont like...it tastes lovely but it doesnt look as great as the vanilla.
my bed is now calling...
xx

jo thats Joanna accepted!

WOWEE! All your cakes look fabulous!

I have just spent the whole evening making sugar flowers and butterflies! Knackered and off to bed!

Well that girl from the other decided to tell me last night she still wants the cake! :shock:

I quickly bunged one in the oven and have just iced it this morning. Its in the fridge cooling and the courier is coming between 4 and 5pm! Eeeekk! Only problem is I'm not exactly sure when it is going to get delivered because of the bank holiday :wacko: I have tried getting hold of the lady who normally deals with me but she doesn't start till 9! Damn!!

If she doesn't get in touch I will just have to take it the PO and send it Next Day Delivery and hope it gets there by Saturday at the latest xx

what is it being decorated like? You are so brave to post them!!!

Luckily its not going to be 3d iykwim.

It is going to be iced white, then made to look like a round present but instead of having a bow in the middle it is going to have a feather decoration which I going to wrap up and put in the box and let the customer place in the cake so it doesn't get squashed x

:flower:
Question for the cupcake ladies :)

What do you bake them in?

I bought sillicone cases but they make really small cakes.
I bought paper cases which said you can bake in them but it made the cakes all wonky, however the size I was looking for :)

I want them to be somewhere between cupcake & muffin size & quite deep just can't seem to get them right no matter what I do :(

x
Did you just put them on a flat tray?
for my normal size ones i use a https://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:t_2Vh09ZOEhUaM:https://debenhams.scene7.com/is/image/Debenhams/20060904_331019911363BB12%3F%24ProdLarge%24
and then line with the cases or I use muffin cases with a silicone muffin tray for the bigger ones

Sorry for double posting this but where do most of you get your baking supplies? xxxx

I get my colours from https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/
I also look on ebay and other online places but haven't bought yet, in fact I think I have cocked up with an ebay seller for disposable icing bags LOL

If it is for basic baking stuff, bowls etc.. I just grab stuff when I see themout and about

The smaller sillicone cases fitted on that tray fine, but the paper ones bases were too large.I might buy a sillicone muffin tray though & give that a go, thanks :) x

hi girls!! nice cakes n cupcakes!!

well my £140 cake order turned up yesterday LOL just managed to find places to put stuff!!

what u all making? x

LOL! I need to put another order in, need boxes and boards!

I really need to sort my kitchen cupboards out too cos OH says everytime he goes to get something to eat all he sees is flour and sugar!

I've got the main part of my castle cake in the oven, have told myself that it is going to be a stress free cake LOL!
Got 4 swiss rolls to make then the hard part!

i am hoping miss Daisy has a nap so I can get it decorated!

Sounds brill Andrea! :) Can't wait to see it!

Tracey £140 :shock: LOL

I know I keep saying I need to sort my cupboards out but I haven't done it yet :dohh:

Hopefully tomorrow and this weekend as its a long weekend so OH will be off for 4 days :happydance:

Its my mums birthday tomorrow and even though we still aren't talking Caitlin said she wanted to make some cakes so I said she could make some cupcakes for her, going to make 6 and put them in a box, ice them with my wilton nozzle, drop some sugar things on them and cut out the letters, N A N A to put on them and stars for the ends :thumbup:

My cake is now done and decorated :thumbup: :happydance: Will upload photos soon as I really need to get the washing up done and get the cake packaged up

I must admit this is definately the best cake I have made! :D So proud of it, the icing is SOOOOOOOOO smooth xxx

I'm starting the 50th cake today after work, and decorating it tomorrow for the party on Saturday. Hopefully the party will get me some business although I dont want loads with working mon-fri!

thanks for answering my question PSB :D your cupcakes look amazingggggggg!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmm!!

Here's my first attempt at mint chocolate cupcakes, haven't tried them yet but they smell yummy!
Before and after frosting - first ever attempt at piping too, so it's not great, any tips on how to make it better are welcome.

View attachment 72625 View attachment 72628

oh wow, well done! they look fab :D

linzi - i was going to suggest baking them in a muffin tin hon :D

hi girls!! nice cakes n cupcakes!!

well my £140 cake order turned up yesterday LOL just managed to find places to put stuff!!

what u all making? x

:yipee: enjoy baking hon! can't wait to see :blush: your cakes are amazing!!

i'm just baking cupcakes this weekend - experimenting with chocolate :D request from OH :D

Kelly - can't wait to see your latest cake :D well done hon :D though i too was going to say, your brave for posting it!! i no i've said this to andrea, but years ago james brought me a cake in a box, delivered, it was amazing! but they actual don't post birthday cakes anymore!

I'm starting the 50th cake today after work, and decorating it tomorrow for the party on Saturday. Hopefully the party will get me some business although I dont want loads with working mon-fri!

bet it will be fab hon! :D

Kelly - can't wait to see your latest cake :D well done hon :D though i too was going to say, your brave for posting it!! i no i've said this to andrea, but years ago james brought me a cake in a box, delivered, it was amazing! but they actual don't post birthday cakes anymore!

I think as long as you package it up well then you will be fine :) Mine is in the cake box and the cake is covered in about 3 inches of bubble wrap then the rest of hte box is stuffed with newspaper enough so that nothing can move around the box :thumbup: I have put Fragile stickers and this way up only on the box :)

Have washed up so going to upload the photos now xx

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/kutiekelly2004/P1020833.jpg

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/kutiekelly2004/P1020832.jpg

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/kutiekelly2004/P1020834.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe