Cake Making & Baking Group

Pinkgirl what are rainbow cakes?
And Crunchie cakes..oooh they sound yum!

WOW, some fab cakes ladies, especially love the castle, car and choc orange cupcakes :D

Morning ladies! Today is d day, i've been paid and i'm off into town to buy some supplies to attempt my first cake. Off to mum and dads for Easter Sunday so want to male them a cake to say thank you. The sponge aide of things i'm normally not too bad on.. But then saying that, I've never baked one in this oven so it could go wrong!
Want to decorate it with a basic Easter theme, i'm only a beginner! Any ideas of something simple to do but effective that I can create?

Amazing cakes ladies! You are all very talented! :D

Was wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction of some decent piping bags? So far Ive just been using a crappy one I bought, but the icing just kept splurging out the seams like worms!! :sick: Have also attempted to use just a thick plastic ziplock bag type thing, but they end up braking too... All ends up in a rather sticky mess!! :blush:

Basically i am doing a vanilla cake mix....then splitting it into different bowls and colouring the mixtures. When you put it in the cake cases you put a spoon full of each colour to creae a mini rainbow.

like this...
https://icanhascook.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/rainbow-cupcake.jpg

Amazing cakes ladies! You are all very talented! :D

Was wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction of some decent piping bags? So far Ive just been using a crappy one I bought, but the icing just kept splurging out the seams like worms!! :sick: Have also attempted to use just a thick plastic ziplock bag type thing, but they end up braking too... All ends up in a rather sticky mess!! :blush:

I bought some desposable ones from TKMAXX hun....have seen other sorts in there too but it just depends what they have when you go in x

Charlotte what about something quite plain with "HAPPY EASTER" written in the middle and thend eocrated with mini fluffy chicks and mini eggs?

Plumfairy, i use the Wilton disposeable piping bags because im lazy and HATE washing up :rofl:

Thanks I'll have to order some of those then. Washing up the cloth ones is not a nice task and Im always paranoid the next batch is guna taste of fairy liquid! :sick: Are the wilton one fairly strong? Get so fed up of bags bursting on me!!

Basically i am doing a vanilla cake mix....then splitting it into different bowls and colouring the mixtures. When you put it in the cake cases you put a spoon full of each colour to creae a mini rainbow.

like this...
https://icanhascook.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/rainbow-cupcake.jpg

Oh wow that looks amazing! So effective.My son now wants that cake :haha:

Look forward to seeing what your looks like :)

Charlotte what about something quite plain with "HAPPY EASTER" written in the middle and thend eocrated with mini fluffy chicks and mini eggs?

Plumfairy, i use the Wilton disposeable piping bags because im lazy and HATE washing up :rofl:

yeah, i like that idea! i will go and have a look around sainsburys and annoy the other half at work and if i have no luck finding stuff in there hobby craft is around the corner! Will post pics once i have finishes making a mess! lol :thumbup:

I love love love that rainbow muffin! its awesome but i bet it takes aages and so many different bowls to make a batch of those! so cool though!

The rainbow cakes would be ideal for a kids party.Would make all the kiddies so hyper though,all that colouring!

Who posted some pics of their cupcakes on FB this morning? Orange and vanilla ones and some pink ones? I get confused between peoples real names and names on here? :lol:

They had a pccy of a battenburg on there, and now i really want some, so i'll have to make one :lol:

I'm going to bake my first batch of cupcakes later on today, wish me luck :rofl: Well, i am if madam stays asleep long enough :haha:

I'll upload pics later on if they're decent enough, if not, i won't :rofl:

TJG & Jac - your cakes are FAB!

Who posted some pics of their cupcakes on FB this morning? Orange and vanilla ones and some pink ones? I get confused between peoples real names and names on here? :lol:

They had a pccy of a battenburg on there, and now i really want some, so i'll have to make one :lol:

Oh that was me :D The battenburg didnt look too great but tasted sooooo good! x

Right girls, I REALLY need your expert help quick!!! I'm finishing off my sons b.day cake, his party is 4.30pm TODAY and I'm in a panic...I'm piping leaves but I can't seem to get my butter icing without curdling lumps!!! I warmed the stork slightly before beating with the icing sugar and it was lovely and smooth..then I added a tiny bit of green colour paste and mixed again..lovely and smooth..I left it literally 2 mins and when I went back to it the butter looks like it has started to seperate from the mixture!! What do I do?? I feel sick!! HELP PLEASE XXXX

Never mind, sent hubby off to tescos for a betty crocker ready made frosting,the vanilla one,so it will colour light leafy green ok. Hope to god this does the trick!! xx

i was wondering if you lovely ladies fancied posting your fav 3 cakes youve ever made? xxx

oh Helz i wouldnt know what to suggest hope it all works out ok! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"