Cake Making & Baking Group

Ok, Madison's finally asleep so i'm going to make a start :rofl: but, i've just checked my eggs and OH's bought large eggs instead of medium, does that matter? :?

Can tell i'm not a pro at baking like you ladies :blush: :dohh:

No squidge it doesnt matter, you obv just need to use less eggs than the recipe states if its asking for medium,

Sorry ladies, another couple of questions :blush:

If it says 6 med eggs, i'll use 4 large ones reckon that's ok?

Also, if 4 large eggs weigh 253g, do i weigh everything else out at 253g too? Ie, caster sugar, marg, SRF?

Never mind, sent hubby off to tescos for a betty crocker ready made frosting,the vanilla one,so it will colour light leafy green ok. Hope to god this does the trick!! xx

LOL! thats the best solution!

I wouldnt use stork to make buttercream hun, try to always use real butter.

Pm'd you but its ok if you are getting some betty crocker!!!

Pinkgirl what are rainbow cakes?
And Crunchie cakes..oooh they sound yum!

Basically i am doing a vanilla cake mix....then splitting it into different bowls and colouring the mixtures. When you put it in the cake cases you put a spoon full of each colour to creae a mini rainbow.

like this...
https://icanhascook.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/rainbow-cupcake.jpg

Oh wow that looks amazing! So effective.My son now wants that cake :haha:

Look forward to seeing what your looks like :)

wow! I am soooo going to have to try that!

I'm going to bake my first batch of cupcakes later on today, wish me luck :rofl: Well, i am if madam stays asleep long enough :haha:

I'll upload pics later on if they're decent enough, if not, i won't :rofl:

TJG & Jac - your cakes are FAB!

thank you and good luck! Cant wait to see them!

Sorry ladies, another couple of questions :blush:

If it says 6 med eggs, i'll use 4 large ones reckon that's ok?

Also, if 4 large eggs weigh 253g, do i weigh everything else out at 253g too? Ie, caster sugar, marg, SRF?
that is exactly what I do squidge, as taught by Andrea...:hugs:

and just to say, Andrea, your gonna be soooooooooooo proud of your number one pupil later on.....you should see my easter cake!!! I am mega impressed already and its not finished yet!!!!

just a question what do you ladies normally fill your cakes with? I was thinking of doing marshmallow buttercream do you think it's work? xx

My Fav 3 are......

This is Daisys first Birthday cake, the one that got me started on all this crazy cake making!!
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs255.snc1/10219_158865580878_620555878_3603632_1212249_n.jpg

I know this is quite a simple design but I still love it!
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs146.snc3/17359_322779110878_620555878_4703321_5363288_n.jpg

and this one I did for SIL, I love it just because it is wizard of oz and it made her cry when she saw it! (good crying!)
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs161.snc3/18859_283227480878_620555878_4532764_8123287_n.jpg

I found a cake shop :blush:
have just bought a new Wilton muffin pan
colours, disco sparkles :lol: a brush, whitening, cases and more icing bags, 6 for £1.48 which I thought was a bargain.

I could have gone crazy but thought I better keep it simple as Ant was waiting outside

Bit miffed though as was onn the way home and I said "damn i know what i could have used that icing for" I'd picked up a block to colour and mybe make flowers but changed my mind. "carrots for my carrot cake" when I get round to doing them.

Emily pipes up "oh they had loads of carrots" :grr: I never spotted them, so not happy.

I really want to make those candy bar cupcakes..

can I have the recipe...? please

lol, good excuse to go back then Jo!

I'm at our local shop every week...I want some whitener now!

Ive ordered a daisy shaped cupcake pan from ebay so cant wait for that to come now:happydance:

how long do i need to leave butterflies to dry out before I attempt to stick them to my florist wire stuff? My cake is done...just need to pop the butterflies on now!

just till they seem quite solid Jac. the ones I made teh other day dried within an hour but sometimes it takes much longer!

lol, good excuse to go back then Jo!

I'm at our local shop every week...I want some whitener now!

Ive ordered a daisy shaped cupcake pan from ebay so cant wait for that to come now:happydance:

how long do i need to leave butterflies to dry out before I attempt to stick them to my florist wire stuff? My cake is done...just need to pop the butterflies on now!
I got THE look from Ant when I suggested that :lol: it is not very local to us and i don't drive so......
they do have an online shop though.
Can't wait to see your cake Jacs x

I wish I had a cake shop nearby!!!

in fact its probably good that I dont! :blush:

i bought some disposable icing bags off ebay, they came in a box you know like when you buy freezer bags and they are all attached?!

They are the best I have used! and ive tried a fair few!

I'll see if I can get a link, I am sure they were only £4 odd for 24!

heres the ones I got, they dont have any on just now but might get them back in...i hope!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350330075757

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->