Cake Making & Baking Group

I dropped a clanger.....:haha: :blush:

There was FAR too much mixture, i put too much mixture into the cases and they overflowed (well, a few have) and now they look pants! :rofl: I'll do something to them to make them look better when i whack a bit of buttercream on the top :haha:

I'm guessing i'm not supposed to use the sponge cake mixture receipe on TJG's learn to bake thread for cupcakes....:rofl: Ah well, trial and error and all that! Maybe i won't do as much mixture next time...:lol:

Think im just going to make some easter cupcakes, nothing special just plain vanilla ones

Had a plan for my Mercedes cake ... im just going to make a grey and black cake and buy a toy of his car and put that on top!!

why not mix gumpaste and fondant together to make the logo?? or do stack circle cake then make the logo on the top of it..

like this

https://media.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/49333/CIMG1466.JPG

I think I'm doing carrot cake.. my grandpa loves carrot cake... so I will surprise him :)

what r u guys going to do for easter?

I just made some simple easter cupcakes with mini eggs and crumbled flake bars last night.Photos are a few pages back.

Funny thing i've found is that the men in my family aren't so keen on the mars bar cupcakes but all my female friends and family love them...weird.

my easter cake creation :flower:

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4518.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4523.jpg

:thumbup:

:D Your bunnies and bugs are awesome!!!! I totally LOVE this cake it is too cute........ may be pinching ideas for Miss Daisys 2nd birthday cake!

wow! your pinching idea's from me! I'm honoured:blush:

I didn't make the bunnies or ladybirds, I got them off ebay...:thumbup:I'm not that good!:haha:

ok super cake bakers HELP!! :cry:

My mixture is all ready and set in my bowl BUT how long and at what tempterature do i cook my mixture for?!

Its just a normal conventional electric oven! the one in the other thread only gives you temperatures for a fan assist oven and mines not fan assist infact its an oven from the bloody dark ages!

Let me know asap wanna get this mixture in the oven! LOL! :dohh:

I never bake my cakes for a set time, i just go with the flow and judge by eye so im no use to you, sorry :lol:

Jac that is AMAZING! My jaw dropped....:rofl:

I can't believe you've produced something like that and only been doing it a few weeks! :hugs:

I judge onmy own too :( I put them in at 170 fan usually so try 190 or so?.

p.s. jac thats amazing :D so cute.

I'm really unhappy with this 50th cake I did :( the tiers arent tall enough IMO and my friend was helping me and she wasnt being neat enough LOL sounds horrid but i left her to do the stars and circles and they have raggy edges.. oh well.

I've got 30 stars covered in glitter to put on florist wire still :dohh: Not gonna stack them til we're at the venue tomorrow.

Jacs you have been conning us, now way are you a newbie cake maker!!
that is fanbloodytastic!!!:thumbup:

ok super cake bakers HELP!! :cry:

My mixture is all ready and set in my bowl BUT how long and at what tempterature do i cook my mixture for?!

Its just a normal conventional electric oven! the one in the other thread only gives you temperatures for a fan assist oven and mines not fan assist infact its an oven from the bloody dark ages!

Let me know asap wanna get this mixture in the oven! LOL! :dohh:

Hmmmm depends on how big a cake you are doing, if I am doing a small sandwich one (about 9") mine goes in at gas mark 5 for 25-30mins sorry not much help :flower:

on a side note I am getting a new cooker delivered tommorow, god what a PITA that has been!! it had to be a 55cm wide and they are like hens teeth at the moment and really neede a high/eye ?? level grill as that is what I have at the moment and need the same so the flame proof stuff behind doesn't show:dohh:.

I'm really wary now though as I know my cooker and this is gonna take some getting used to i think with the baking.

Now this will make you LOL but I am truly baking old school as my cooker was inherited from my grandma when I was 18 :rofl: and the same with my mixer :rofl:
they just don't make things like they used to:haha:

I'm really unhappy with this 50th cake I did :( the tiers arent tall enough IMO and my friend was helping me and she wasnt being neat enough LOL sounds horrid but i left her to do the stars and circles and they have raggy edges.. oh well.

I've got 30 stars covered in glitter to put on florist wire still :dohh: Not gonna stack them til we're at the venue tomorrow.

I bet it looks fab, :hugs: I think we are always our own worst critics, get some pics up let us have a nosey :)

hold on il take a pic with ohs phone and ask him to upload them for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->