Cake Making & Baking Group

Mmm they taste lovely! Hope my Dad likes them. I was surprised the buttercream didn't go an orangey colour...

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P4071470.jpg

I made my poor other half go around all the shops in our village for a chocolate orange and he couldn't find any!!!

In the 5th shop he tried he found a few bars so he had to get those LOL

Fridge cake is digestive biscuits bashed up into little bits then mixed with melted butter and golden syrup.Pushed down into a tin and then you pour melted chocolate on top and add marshmallows and anything else you want on top.Then it sets and stores in the fridge.

Malteaser fridge cake is
•100g Margarine softened
•6 tablespoons Golden syrup
•250g Chocolate (milk)
•200g Digestive Biscuits. roughly crushed
•200g Maltesers cut roughly in 1/2

Melt margarine and syrup and chocolate over heat (or in the microwave stirring often). When it's all melted, take off the heat and add crushed biscuits and maltesers, mix really well. Spread into a lined greased swiss roll tin. Chill in the fridge then cut up into small squares. Keep refrigerated.

the fridge cake I just flung it all in together! added raisins too...... oh im off to make one!!

I made one with a ginger nut base and dark bournville chocolate for my Dad and that was so rich but really yummy.

Yeah you can bung anything you like in it,dried fruit,marshmallows,different chocolate...

Mmmm Glitterfairy they look really good

TJG when you say fondat, what do you mean, I am really this dense, can you show me a pic? I have a box of silverspoon fondant icing but I don't think that is what you mean :lol:
and Gumpaste :shrug: dunno what that is, do I add my own colours etc..?

I need everything in baby steps, pictures, diagrams explanations :rofl:

Glitter those look so yummy i could eat one now...thank you for the fridge cake recipe too...i so want a go at making that on friday, think i need some more tins! lol
I am going to make some vanilla cupcakes later...but decorate them all girlie as going to see Sparky0207 and her little girls tomorrow so making them for her.
x

Fridge cake is so naughty but so nice :)

I just made a batch of 6 mini victoria sponge cupcakes...but they look more like a burger LOL

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P4071477.jpg

Hmm I could scoff a handful of those cupcakes glitterfairy, yummy!

I'm itching to bake but my OH has banned me due to the fact that he feels compelled to eat the results and is on a diet. Damn his lack of will power!
I will have to live vicariously through this thread!

Went to check on my cakes that are setting on the side in the kitchen and one had vanished...Steve reckons there was a big pigeon that flew in and ate it!!!!! :haha:

He is a cakeaholic:haha:

He eats so many and never puts on weight.No fair!!!

What flavour cupcakes shall i try next??? Trying to think of another chocolate bar i could use?

What about cadbury's caramel?

I wish I could eat cake like him and not put on an ounce! So not fair!

Mmmm that mini vic sponge looks scrumtious!

Am I right in thinking that if I want to carve a cake into a shape it;s best to make maderia cake instead of victoria sponge? How do you make that, is it more or less same as v.sponge,just abit more flour to make it denser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->