Cake Making & Baking Group

uhhmm wax paper? OMG thats alien to me!

this is the pic I want to replicate
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/jacs%20blinkies/fabrics/ferrarilogo.jpg

how the bloody nora do I pipe that?:shrug:

Jac I would contact one of those on ebay that do the print outs on ricepaper and ask them to print one out for you!!

I'm just not confident in piping though!! You could trace the pic onto some greaseproof paper then cut the horse out of black sugarpaste..... then pipe on the white details?!

Could you use a cake pen like a sugar flair one? Someone correct me if I am wrong, just a thought from your newest cake amateur member lol.
I have some cake pens but no idea if they are any good and I am so nervous about using them! I need confidence!

I think it might have been Glitterfairy (Kez) who did them hun, she should know the recipe :)

I made a battenburg last night and my pink sponge didnt come out pink :wacko: so i lost all interest then and kinda threw it together, it looked like crap but tasted delicous :rofl:

I would LOVE to try this!
Any idea on a good recipe online?:flower:

if i were you then i would trace it backwards onto greaseproofpaper then pipe over the outline youv drawn with a thin line and then turn it over and press it onto the cake so you get the outline imprinted iykwim?
if you do it in a paler colour then let it dry before you pipe over it with the actual design then the 2 colours shouldnt blend i dont think :) xxx

Right ladies i need some help.
My 'little' brother is home from Uni next weekend and he wants some rainbow cupcakes and coca cola cupcakes!

How do i make cola cupcakes? I just want a simple recipe as i'm only going to make him a few. Should i just add cola to the buttercream? Would that work? Or into the normal sponge mix???

Woo hoo! My kitchen is nearly finished!!! Should be done in time for the weekend!!!

I'm desperate to make a cake so I'm just going to make one for not reason and just play with it. It'll be nice to have no pressure and for it not to matter if I stuff it up!

I'm running a bake sale at work soon (date TBC) for Hope House Childrens Hospice (our department charity) Only problem is that there are nearly 4500 people on site and most of them love cake and sweets. I'm going to need an army of bakers as we'd like to keep them homemade rather than going to Costco. Wish me luck!

That Andrea's cakes from the facebook link are absolutely flawless, I'm actually sat here in awe. I'm a perfectionist so it drives me mad when I can't do something how I want, but she has got it down to a tee! Not a molecule of icing sugar out of place!!!!

Hi Ladies!
Hope you don't mind me joining this group! I am a cake decorating amateur and have recently got into it through seeing polo's cakes on fb!:haha: I have always made cakes just to save money on buying chocolates and desserts over the years so I am very confident with the actual baking part. However the decorating thing really has me stumped!:cry:
I am making a Peppa Pig cake for my daughter this weekend and have made some cupcakes too. I really hope the main cake comes out well!:happydance:
Here is one of my cupcakes that I did as a test run with advice from polo princess haha:haha:
Aww they look really pretty

*don't know why attachment isn't showing :shrug:

Wow Whoppy Pop thats a heck of alot of people.You are going to be so busy.
If i lived nearer i'd offer to help out. x

Thanks girls...I dont really want to use a ricepaper topper as I see it as cheating lol, the idea that kris gave is pretty good...would this work? I aim to cut the yellow sheild from fondant and stick that on, its just the horse I'm a bit stuck on... the letters I would have to pipe and the green stripe things at top could be done from fondant too me thinks..

Is there a product you can buy to make ur fondant very shiney?

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for fondant they could share with me? I've been following a recipe I was given but the it always seems to crack easily.

Thank you in advance

dunno Jac, I think its possible, but i would paint it on rather than pipe. If you mix colour paste with vodka it is ideal for painting on.

I couldnt draw that on freehand though Andrea...how could i sort of trace it on to the top? Think I might prefer to paint it on tbh...

shiney stuff, any ideas?

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for fondant they could share with me? I've been following a recipe I was given but the it always seems to crack easily.

Thank you in advance

fondant? Most of us in here buy it ready to roll hun, usually much quicker and easier:thumbup:

sorry i dont know about shiny stuff, just lustre sprays.... you could probably get a red one!

Tracey might know of something that shines!

you could do the tracing thing with greasproof, maybe use the vodka mix to draw it on, or an edible ink pen?

you could try a light dusting of red gliitery dust..... then some lustre spray ontop!

i just googled and some woman has said she sprays some of the spray oil you get for cooking to the effect!!! Dunno how that would taste though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->