Cake Making & Baking Group

Yes it was me who made the Milky Way Cupcakes :)

It's just a vanilla cupcake recipe with chopped up pieces of Milky Way pushed into the mixture once it's in the cases.Then decorated with vanilla or chocolate buttercream and topped with a bit of Milky Way!

Your welcome.I hope you like them :)

I've got some M&M cupcakes in the oven.Could be rather colourful!

Ive been checking out how to make roses out of fonant on you tube. They use a piping bag (obviously) but any ideas what nozzle they use and what is the silver disc they turn to create the rose called? any ideas xx

not done it myself but iv watched the videos, they use a flat headed nail as the table and i don't know the technical name but its got a long line as a hole iykwim? xxx

Im making them tonight when OH comes home as lo has been miserable all day and I dont want to neglect her whilst making cakes :( Wow they look amazing! really yummy looking too.

Any tips though as when i put my cupcakes in the oven they seem to make the case spread all over the place. Is that cos im using paper and it would be best to get the plasticky ones?! so the case stays put?! I usually fill a case 3/4 full with the mixture. That might be too much im not sure and how on earth do you get a nice flat top?

KrisKitten thankyou I know what you mean! Im getting get one of those flat nails and start practising! Might do a chocolate cake with the roses on top

I don't like mine to be totally flat but obviously i don't want them looking like a cone because they are a pain to ice.

I use paper cases and have no problems so maybe you are overfilling them.Is your bun tray deep enough for the cases you have too?

hmmm no i borrowed my nans tray and it has the smallest little indent for the case to sit. maybe thats where im going wrong lol

I use a muffin tin like this one...

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8613750/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C14418476/c_2/3%7Ccat_15701295%7CCookware%7C14418537.htm?engine=froogle&keyword=Prestige+12+Cup+Muffin+Tin.&_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:8613750%7Ccat:kitchen+%26+laundry+%3E+cookware+%3E+bakeware

***OMG NEWS FLASH***

I CANNOT believe what is sat in my kitchen right now.....its only a friggin kitchenaid!!!! WOOOOOOP

my OH walked through the door clutching one 2night with an envelope. i opened it and it said 'happy gift day' love u loads n loads, hope you like it, all my love Adam xx

a few months back he was quizzing me about kitchenaid colours, n i was saying i like boysenberry but the internet shows totally different colours, and i was going on about how the black one would go with anything..but it looked a little too 'shiny' for me, and then had a flick thru the colours n said i quite liked the metallic grey, lovely n dark...but not black!

i didnt think anything of it after that.....he must have been taking it all in though because sat in my kitchen is this one:
https://www.kleendesign.com.au/images/Artisan%20stand%20mixer%20ksm150%20pearl%20metallic.jpg

its unbelievably sexy!!:happydance: i love my fiance SOOOO MUCH!! he must of got sick of running to tesco's to keep getting hand mixers LMAO......wooooooooppppp im still in shock!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

OMG you are sooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky!!!! I want one:cry:

Can i put my name on the waiting list for one of the offspring :rofl:

im 2nd :rofl:

Gosh, so much catching up as Ive not been in here for a few days.
I'm not doing the camera cake now i think its a little too adventurous so my plan is a ferarri cake. Round and red with the ferarri badge on the top...
so, I want the fondant shiny, what can I use to acheive this? Like a glossy shine iykwim?

and the badge, do I print out and then trace on to tracing/baking paper...how do i then get it onto the top of the cake?

Jac you should pipe the ferrari piccy onto wax paper and then freeze, then when you need it peel the paper off and whack it onto the cake :thumbup:

Cassy hun i think that may be where your problem is too, you need a deeped tray if they are "spilling" and you arent overfilling the cases :)

I've made marshmallow fondant Jac. Its delish and super easy to work with and hardly cracks or tears at all but a pain in the youknowhere to make! Sooo sticky!

aaahhhh!! So THIS is what happens everytime I start baking!! I am midway through the cake
so kitchen is a tip anyway..... But Miss Daisy likes to make her pressence felt!!!

Oh well she's happy!

Attachments

• DSC00694.jpg
    DSC00694.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00698.jpg
    DSC00698.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00703.jpg
    DSC00703.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 18
Hi Ladies!
Hope you don't mind me joining this group! I am a cake decorating amateur and have recently got into it through seeing polo's cakes on fb!:haha: I have always made cakes just to save money on buying chocolates and desserts over the years so I am very confident with the actual baking part. However the decorating thing really has me stumped!:cry:
I am making a Peppa Pig cake for my daughter this weekend and have made some cupcakes too. I really hope the main cake comes out well!:happydance:
Here is one of my cupcakes that I did as a test run with advice from polo princess haha:haha:

Attachments

• DSCF0008 (2).jpg
    DSCF0008 (2).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79