Cake Making & Baking Group

Jac I've never used this but could this work? It's confectioners glaze.

https://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/productdetail.asp?productcatalogue=262928

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for fondant they could share with me? I've been following a recipe I was given but the it always seems to crack easily.

Thank you in advance

fondant? Most of us in here buy it ready to roll hun, usually much quicker and easier:thumbup:

Thanks for the response jac, where do you ladies usually by it from?

I've been attempting to make it this week but struggling to get the correct consistancy. It's okay for using with cutters but not for anything delicate like flowers etc.

Ironically, it's all been coming out shiny when it's dried!

i hope you dont mind me asking girls but i am after some cake advice!

i have somehow been roped into making 120 cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its my dads GF daughter 18th in june and they wanted me to make a cake, i wasnt happy enough to make a proper cake for a party as im crap but feel i can do the cakes after pink snowball has shown me how to make the frosting!
i just need tips/ideas of what sprinkles etc that u think i should put on the top, they are going on a big stand so want them to all look good together and not make me look shite but i can practice if i know now what i need to be doing

Thanks in advance
Lou
xxx

jac if i were you i would just paint over it with a big v soft brush with water or maybe sugar glaze/icing glaze xxx

i have somehow been roped into making 120 cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its my dads GF daughter 18th in june and they wanted me to make a cake, i wasnt happy enough to make a proper cake for a party as im crap but feel i can do the cakes after pink snowball has shown me how to make the frosting!
i just need tips/ideas of what sprinkles etc that u think i should put on the top, they are going on a big stand so want them to all look good together and not make me look shite but i can practice if i know now what i need to be doing

Thanks in advance
Lou
xxx

I recently made 80 but i did different colours and flavours.
Are you wanting to do all the same kind? Morrisons have a great range of their own sprinkles and they are really well priced.They have allsorts...white choc stars,caramel curls,choc curls,hundreds and thousands,strands,sparkles.

xxx

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has a recipe for fondant they could share with me? I've been following a recipe I was given but the it always seems to crack easily.

Thank you in advance

fondant? Most of us in here buy it ready to roll hun, usually much quicker and easier:thumbup:

Thanks for the response jac, where do you ladies usually by it from?

I've been attempting to make it this week but struggling to get the correct consistancy. It's okay for using with cutters but not for anything delicate like flowers etc.

Ironically, it's all been coming out shiny when it's dried!
I get mine from here, I think a lot of us do, beware this site is addictive
https://www.craftcompany.co.uk/

Thanks in advance
Lou
xxx
I would see if they are having a coloured theme and maybe match them into that.
I am doing some girly ones in a while and me and mum have decided to do pale pink icing on some with purple butterflys and Lilac ones with pink butterflys
You can get some lovely edible glitter as well

120 cupcakes :shock: Blimey Lou youve got your work cut out for you there!!

Dana, the cupcakes look lovely, hope "the real deal" goes ok tomorrow :hugs:

Ummm what else .. OMFG i got a message on FB from Sweetcakes and she's doing 2 classes in May .. anyone want to come on a road trip with me? :lol:

120 cupcakes :shock: Blimey Lou youve got your work cut out for you there!!

Dana, the cupcakes look lovely, hope "the real deal" goes ok tomorrow :hugs:

Ummm what else .. OMFG i got a message on FB from Sweetcakes and she's doing 2 classes in May .. anyone want to come on a road trip with me? :lol:
me me me me me, we can go for my birthday :rofl:

Yeah ditto if it's all expenses paid I'll be there in a flash! I wish I could find something as good round here

Would it not be cheaper if we all offered to pay her flight over here :rofl:

LOL Holly, count me in!

Thanks girls, will try that glaze I think:thumbup:

Andrea, Im still a little confuzzled with the tracing bit...I use the greaseproof like tracing paper, trace the horse, then how o I get the horse on the top of cake? I mean if I lay paper ontop of yellow fondant and draw round the tracing with an edible pen, will it print through onto fondant?
Did I make sense?:wacko:

when i traced the pics of my arch onto the greaseproof paper i cut around the tracing and then put that on top of the fondant and cut around that iykwim?
I dnno if thats the right way to do it lol but thats how i did :haha: xxx

Thats generally how do it too, make a template then put it over whatever i need to cut out and cut around it

Print x2 ferrari badges out Jac in the size you want it on the cake, cut the emblem out on one and then cut the horse out on the other. Then you can lay it over the yellow fondant and cut out the emblem, lay the horse on top of black fondant and cut out the horse and then lay it on top, and then pipe/draw the finer details on

Seems much easer than messing about with ths tracing paper malarky :lol:

Can someone answer my question please?
Can i use like the jif lemon juice instead of juicing a normal lemon in a lemon icing mix?

I'm sure they'll be lovely!

I'm going completely mental not being able to bake! I am actually desperate to make and decorate a cake! I'm so sad!

I want to bake too but i'm not allowed :(

I'll be busy baking this weekend though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->