Cake Making & Baking Group

hi cattia, try cooking on a little higher...and for less time xxx

i havent accepted anybody to the group in a long time, and have never declined anyone....theres so many members n i dont know them all so i let the other two decide LOL

yeah Andrea..(sweetcakers lady) is amazing, she has attended lots of cake shows, masterclasses n workshops, ive seen some of her 'in action' pics...not sure if they are on the group? and ive seen one cut open....looks like she uses two layers of fondant!! no wonder its so flawless, but dont know if i could eat thru 2 layers!!

also seen the elmo cake in progress and some how she got red icing all over the back of the cake...not sure if she managed to get it off or not seeing as it was the back, but they sure do look amazing, her figures are brill!!

well i have a worktop full of bob heads :rofl: sounds so wrong!!!

they are infact bob THE BUILDER 2d heads :) and wendy's, spud's, pilchards, and scrufftys. just got to finish them off 2moro n then they will be all set to put on some cupcakes on saturday :)
#
whats everyone else upto?

i was going to make some cupcakes for starting back to work but its my brother in laws funeral tomorrow and they wont give me the time off so i have to leave early and do a night shift

so there getting bugger all from me! :grr:

Fab coloured cake Lea!!

Where's Jac with that chocolate cake recipe for the one she made! It was awesome and I promised OH afer LO bday cake was done, the fondant would disappear and i'd make some diff ones :D

ha! the sweetcakes lady has a good name :winkwink:!

I would love to do workshops, classes but there is absolutely nothing here, there is a cake decorater that runs a few classes but its a bit in the middle of nowhere!

Everytime I get an order for a cake the first thing they say is "i am looking for a cake that is cheaper than truly scrumptious" Thats them that run the classes!!
Heres their website.... https://www.designer-cakes.com/

This woman lives just along the road and I am just dying to knock on her door and say "TEACH ME"!! "Ill work for free!!"
https://www.art2eat.co.uk/

well i have just been modelling loads of wee monsters for AGs wee boys first birthday cake, it is to be a boys version of Daisys first birthday cake so I am looking forward to making it!

Also been making fondant pepperoni, onions, red and green peppers!!! I could realy do with some piping gel but have no time to order it now :(

Tracey I cant wait to see your Bob cake!! It is going to be fantastic!!!

lol these heads are driving me wild...theres SOO much colouring to be done, bright yellow for the hats, light yellow for the dog, pink for the dog noses, peach for the skin, brown for the dog ears, light brown for spud, red for wendys earrings n bobble, blue for pilchard, im sick of colouring!! LOL
i think im having a break today n finishing them off 2moro! LOL

awwww id love to make some mini monsters!! bet they look cute! :)

haha!i had the same with colouring the monsters!!

Loads of different colours, its at times like this you wish you could afford to employ someone to do the crappy jobs!!
I might start Gemma in it!!! Pay her for mixing up coloured fondant!!

The monsters are all sat on a plate in my kitchen looking up at me!!! I sent AG a pic of them and she is really happy with them! :D OH has dented my confidence with his cake comments! :(

Thats what i was thinking...similar to my lemon loaf cake but with buttercream.

Mum loves lemon cake so going to make her some lemon cupcakes as a surprise :)

TJG you should know from all of us and all your great comments on facebook that your cakes are fab :)

Oh Noooo i feel sick!

Just cracked an egg into some cake mix,it's in date until the 1st may.And the egg white was bright red blood!!! Vile Vile Vile!

This wasp cake I am doing, the lady wants two sets of 6 cupcakes for a man and woman whos birthday it is on the same night as her husbands so she wanted a gesture gift!

She just said do whatever, so I know the womans....add some prettyy flowers and pinching Traceys plaque idea (hope thats ok!!)
P.s. how do you get your writing on them sooooo neat!!!

BUT the mans ones I am a bit stumped...... was just gonna do darker colours but doesnt seem very adventurous! Any ideas girls? xxxx :hugs:

You know if we got posts added to our post count for groups mine would be massive!!! LOL

I think it might have been Glitterfairy (Kez) who did them hun, she should know the recipe :)

I made a battenburg last night and my pink sponge didnt come out pink :wacko: so i lost all interest then and kinda threw it together, it looked like crap but tasted delicous :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->