Cake Making & Baking Group

Wow! Lovely cakes ladies,
i LOVE the monsters and the pizza cake,
those cupcakes look delish as well :D xxx

love the pizza one andrea

where did u get your cases for the monster cake?

hi girls,

awww andrea im sooooo jealous, ive always wanted to make a pizza cake and its almost identical to how i would have made it too!! although my pizza box is different LOL ill have to get a new one if i ever make one, ive kept this box so long it will be dusty! LOL

shes just gone with the cupcakes so i can post them now :)
im not happy about the blue icing, it came out more turquoisey than blue :( i just couldnt get it to go actual blue!!

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs460.ash1/25307_384957498322_509248322_3925986_3583381_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs440.snc3/25307_384957528322_509248322_3925987_7561595_n.jpg

Amazing as always andrea and tracy :) well done.

Musta took ages to make those faces!

Wow Tracey they/re great!!

I sat there for a minute thinking "Maisod" :confused: :rofl:

My eyes are terrible :dohh:

Ok i have a question now .. i guess this might be aimed more at either Andrea or Tracey since they do a fair bit of "modelling"

I need to make some bows, i mean little little bows, perhaps the size of your thumbnail ... whats going to be the best way to do it? They dont need to be massivley detailed, just a bow shape will do .. any advice? :flower:

Andrea and Tracey they are fabulous, the pizza one is amazing!!

LOL polo, i know those curly letters are sometimes hard to make out when they curl an odd way. i always thought you spelt it Mason anyway??!! LOL

for the bows id just make two small 'dumpy' triangle shapes, and put a squashed ball of fondant in the middle for a bow, or something like this:
https://lh5.ggpht.com/_3KNQEz6U0Mw/SxtmZXQwshI/AAAAAAAAEK0/buN_xErX5wo/s320/DSC_1455.JPG

or they do small cutters...
https://www.confectioneryhouse.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/130x/e5c3f25dbe2a3021345b55270d5894a1/i/m/image_3818.jpg

blah, yeah they look pretty simple really but they took days!!
all the cutting n shaping them into the right shape, markings, colours, shapes! god it was mad!!

Can I just say it was as scrummy as it looked. :D

argghhhhhhhhhh Girls....I vehad 3 attempts at making'white cake' tonight and its not going too well!

I found a few recipes on the net but its just not happening. :nope:

Can I just use my regular sponge recipe and just take out the yolks of the eggs...or will that not be enough 'egg' :dohh:

Lemon Cupcakes done.Just waiting on Mars Bar ones to cool before i ice them.Hope the lemon ones are nice,first time i've made them and they are for Mums birthday!

Jac have you tried getting some whitening colouring from your cake shop and just adding that?
Or would that not work? xxx

Leanne I think the cases were from cake craft company.....

Tracey I LOVE them!!! I knew you would do a fantastic job of them anyway , they are so detailed!!! My fav is Plichard! :D

Jac whats the white cake for , your angel cake?
I have always thought of white cake just being a normal cake sponge! Or do you want it whiter? x

Jac iv made this cake and its reallly white. Makes a lot of mix though so if ur doing cupcakes half it LOL

https://cakecentral.com/recipes/2165/A-Better-White-Scratch-Cake

eta - i use vanilla insetad of almond and you can use butter instead of trex but it wont be as white. oh and if u do use butter, only use 1 cup of milk.

Well no baking for me this weekend, need more muffin cases, I have fancy ones but don't want to waste them on Ants work mate :rofl:

So today I wll be mostly making stars and blossoms with my new cutters :happydance: just to have a diddle and get them ready for my dads cake

Leanne I think the cases were from cake craft company.....

Tracey I LOVE them!!! I knew you would do a fantastic job of them anyway , they are so detailed!!! My fav is Plichard! :D

Jac whats the white cake for , your angel cake?
I have always thought of white cake just being a normal cake sponge! Or do you want it whiter? x

No Andrea, Its not....you leave out the yolk of the eggs and the sponge bakes and its like a whitey cream colour, not yellowy like it is when you use the whole of the egg. Ive read that this is the 'proper' way to make wedding cake if you do sponge....also if you want to colour the mixture the colour comes out much better if you do it with a 'white' mix...I think I'm going to try using my normal recipe and use 1 1/2 x the eggs I would normally use...ie, 4 eggs I will try using 6 egg whites...as if I double the eggs to 8, then there will be more egg than I need wont there as there is always more white than yolk...oh god, I'm confusing myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->