Cake Making & Baking Group

Morning girls, nothing too interesting going on here this week i dont think, might mske a few cupcakes this afternoon, am waiting on a little "top up" stash from Craft Company which should be here today or tomorrow but i had it delivered to work :dohh:

Might try some new flavours again and do a bit of experimenting :lol:

mmm new flavours :)

theres a few different flavoured ones in a recipe book i have...dont fancy earl grey ones though :sick:!!!!

o forgot to say, this week i have a 30th pink n black lace n shoe one, and another tatty teddy christening cake. not starting the birthday cake till wednesday though

Blimey busy busy for you then!!

I was looking through a couple of Peggy Porschen bookes over the weekend and im in love with the cakes she makes, im going to try and make her handbag "mini's" over the next few weeks :cloud9:

o yeah, they are so detailed arent they? havent seen one of her books though, didnt know she did them!

She does, i think the best one is the "chic" one, but i think she's done party cakes and wedding cakes aswell

Ive just seen that she does masterclasses, and she's doing on especially on her handbag "mini's" ... BUT its £300 :shock:

I love her work, her cakes are always so elegant and stylish, but now i want a piece of cake for breakfast :dohh: :lol:

£300!!! for a class!!! i wonder how much her cakes are then!!? LOL

i have a few left over cupcakes in the kitchen but i have to resist, need to lose weight LOL

aaawww just had a quick look at her website, her cakes are gorgoeus!

I have my first wedding cake in 6 weeks...... no idea what she wants as sha hasnt said yet!
If its too complicated its a no no! I'm terrified!!

You'll be fine Andrea!!

I think Brooke wants burger buns for her breakfast she's just plodded into the living room with a pack of them and tipped them all on the floor :rofl: :rofl:

Has anyone tried cupcake dipping? Im curious to try it but it looks easier than it is i reckon :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHjOfj4URPk

nom nom nom ... check the cake out in the backgrounf a few seconds in :shock: is that real:

i did cupcake dipping ..... I was shite at it!! I dont think my icing was thick enough and it all dripped down the sides!!!

They did taste gooooood though!!

i want to work in a lovely big kitchen like that with all the utensils in a huge drawer!!!

HOW many rolling pins!!!!??? lol

god those cakes must be rock hard for her to be able to pick them up n carry them around like that!!

well my will power had deserted me today...ive had a cupcake already LOL ill have to jump on the wii fit later to burn it off :rofl:

right guys...inspiration!!!

ive always thought of doing my own favours for a wedding, my colour scheme is purple.
not sure whether to do cupcakes or cookies....

i love the idea of cookies with initials on in a cellophane bag with ribbon at the top!

yeah thought about those but theyve been done loads of times. also the mini cake cookies, wedding dress cookies etc.
looking for something zoo related too if possible LMAO

Ladies can somebody help?

I made some cupcakes early yesterday morning for MIL, pinched one for OH he took the case of but the bottom of the cupcake was burnt - as in, charcoal? :shrug: The top was fine, just lightly done so i don't understand what i did? I used black cases and i've never used them before so i dunno if that was the problem? :lol: I had the cooker setting on 150-160 too which is what i normally have it on...

Are you sure they were burnt and some of hte casing hadn't actually come off on the cupcake? x

No hun, they were definitely burnt :lol: My OH said it tasted like charcoal :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->