Cake Making & Baking Group

Look
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/glitter%20graphics/IMG_0830.jpg
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/glitter%20graphics/IMG_0831.jpg

They taper in at the bottom to hold your cake secure and loads of room in the top for your swirlies:thumbup:
they look ace, such a fab idea x

Well unless Ant goes to costco for me I am officially cupcaked/baking out :lol:
I only have about 200g of Icing sugar left, since I joined this group I have gone through 12Kg of Icing :shock:!!
god knows how many eggs etc...

I am so going to take a break and give my house a good clean, it is ok this baking lark but with the few orders I have had I have let my routine slip, and I am not happy ( she says still sat on here with a coffee :rofl:)

lol jo, im exactly the same, since doing more n more cakes my whole house is a bomb site!!!!

luckily i have abit of time out, and im watching NOES at the cinema today at 2.45!! cant wait! LOL (i dont get out alot u can tell!!) LOL

great cupcakes girls!! they both look brill for mens cupcakes!

oooo has ur kitchenaid come yet jac??!!

what butter do yous use for your buttericing? and with a 2 tier do you use hidden pillars and 2 cake boards or just one? :dohh: xx

Bit boring...but had an egg that needed using so i did a batch of 6 mini coffee cakes.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P5071726.jpg

i use unsalted butter for my buttercream so i should just add extra icing sugar.......... although i did. Maybe the kitchen was too hot.........................

omg its so bloody unfair i want a kitchenaid :cry:

lovely cuppies everyone :D Think i might bake tonight ;o im in the mood for chocolate cupcakes with betty crocker choc fudge icing.. mmmm.

I am in love with Mickey:cloud9:
He is soooooo fab! lol!
Ok, so I had a disaster with the icing sugar as I put him on full speed straightaway and i disappeared in a cloud of puff:haha: I couldnt see to turn him down!

I tried a few recipes from the hummingbird book and OMG the sponge is lush....but I either have a problem with my cake making skills or the squires kitchen cases I bought are crap! The sponge stuck to the sides of them....has anybody else encountered such a problem?

I did some trial cupcakes yesterday for a lady my SIL works with and she really likes them so now she's after a price for 75 plain cupcakes, either with ivory coloured buttercream (which buttercream normally is isn't it? Well, bit more yellowey :lol:) or like a blue/teal/turquoise coloured buttercream). She doesn't want them boxed and basically wants them plain, how much would you charge?

:)

wow wow wow everyone! making me hungry :lol: loving the dipped cupcakes andrea, they are fab!!
well i'm having another practise this weekend for maddi's birthday cake, i'm determined not to be beaten :rofl:

awww glad he arrived jac!! ha ha yeah ive 'puffed' alfie all over the kitchen too :blush: :rofl: ha ha...hes a messy boy :)

mmmm those coffee ones look yummy!!!

andrea...i watched NOES...very disappointing :( i need to watch the old ones to cleanse myself LOL

ohhh no was it crap Tracey? Wont bother going to see it thdn:growlmad:

Have you any idea why my stupid cake mix stuck to the sides of my cases???

Oh no !! I'll pm you later on facebook!! Neil is scared to see it for that exact reason!! :(

sometimes if u cook the cakes too slow it can lead to them sticking?

yeah its not as good as i thought it would be.

its not scary....one of the kills from the first movie was improved a little, but the rest were just crap...the make-up was crap, and most bits were just laughable...it just looked so wrong!!

argh today has been a nightmare...i forsee a very very late nights ahead of me, iv baked the 10" sponge, i have 2 3rds of the carrot cake in the oven due out at 8.45 and still have to do the last 3rd of it (i only have 2 tins, somehow i've lost the bottom for the third tin :shrug:) and i still havent done the chocolate cake....i need to decorate and finish the carrot cake tonight and at least have the double tier covered in fondant to try and keep fresh....
had a palava with a constipated baby..forgetting to buy carrot for carrot cake so sending OH out :dohh:....then realising i didnt have enough sugar as people have been using it for coffee :dohh::dohh::dohh:....

lol im so scatty i wrote this an hour and a half ago and never posted it :dohh:
Second carrot cake is in...time to put LO to bed xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->