Cake Making & Baking Group

Woah 40 for a freebie is taking the piss!!

I've done a box today for my friends Birthday, she doesn't know so shush :lol:

Question though I have done some butterflies to go on the top, my last ones went soft and I thought it might be because I hadn't used that gum trag stuff but I did today and they have still gone soggy, like they are taking on the moisture from frosting.
Any ideas/tips :flower:

ley your frosting dry for wee while before you add them on, stick them on with a tiny bit of water or edible glue :winkwink:

k'in ell holly! hes not asking for much is he!!

ive just had 2 more orders for cakes to be made this week and i agreed, i must be of my head!

2 this week and its almost Wednesday :shock: Anrea your mad!!

Im not doing those cupcakes, they can pee off :lol:

Andrea I'm sorry to say this but I think you need your head testing :lol:

I've got a few cupcake orders coming in but nothing too stressful, although why do people ask for such odd numbers?? 25 and 5 spring to mind :dohh:

A couple of people have asked if I do cakes and I come out in a cold sweat and neraly shout Noooooooo at them :rofl:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cake-and-B...r_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1274220564&sr=8-3

have any of you ladies used one of these or am i just being a lazy cow?

my stepdad bought that exact set as a present for me...tbh its not too brilliant but shhhh
dont tell him that :(
Its really awkward to pipe with :( i had to cellotape down the button and then pipe with it...its also a complete PITA to clean xxx

polo your boss is a cheeky mofo!!
id ask for a day off, but double your usual wage :rofl:
like the new avatar btw!!

jo, your right, your fondant will take moisture from your buttercream xxx

well no baking to do for me here till the 30th. but kai has to go for an operation on his eye 2moro......bricking it is an understatement :( its only a very minor op, just removing a small cyst from his eyelid, but still.....he has to be put to sleep n thats scary as hell :(

hi girls,

How do i make butter icing colours like BRIGHT!

I haven't made any really bright colours yet, but I just use sugarflair colour paste and always have the whitner to hand :)

well no baking to do for me here till the 30th. but kai has to go for an operation on his eye 2moro......bricking it is an understatement :( its only a very minor op, just removing a small cyst from his eyelid, but still.....he has to be put to sleep n thats scary as hell :(

Awww poor little guy :hugs:
I always think us mums get more scared than the little ones xxx

Some I did for my Friend, I haven't given her them yet as he LO is not too well so she couldn't call in this morning.
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/cakes%20and%20stuff/DSCF1156.jpg
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/cakes%20and%20stuff/DSCF1160.jpg

aww :hugs: he will be fine! im sure it will seem like an eternity though :(

:hugs: fingers crossed his op goes smoothly hun, and Jo is right, us mums worry 10000X more than the kids :dohh:

Jo where did you get that cupcake box from with that design on it please?? :flower:

Oh i have another order for a giant cupcake for next week end. :happydance:

Its for a lady in her 50's so im going to put Lilac daisys on it with a couple of bees and ladybirds.

Q. When you cover your silver cake base with rolled fondant how do you make it stick??

Go, i brought that whitener!
just waiting for it to arrive!!

i think i need to buy this colour paste...dont know much about it as i use the liquid??

spray your board with water to make it stick!

Georgie the pastes have much more intense colour so the more you use the brighter they go, the stuff you buy from supermarkets is pants!! You can get professional liquids and they are quite good too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->