Cake Making & Baking Group

Well done girls :D

For dipped cupcakes can you just use normal icing sugar?

you can but i dont like the taste of it!! LOL maybe im just weird, but the fondant stuff tastes better to me!

i cba going to the shop LOL I'll try it out. I like icing sugar usually but im so fed up of buttericing :( makes me feel sick now cos ive eaten so many cupcakes in the last few months :rofl:

i cant even stand the smell of buttercream and fondant!! Really doing the wrong hobby ey!!

Girls where can i get cupcake wrappers fairly cheap?I'm doing baby shower cupcakes.Need 24, 12 pink/12 blue.I have bought the feet to go on top and little cases but all the wraps are really expensive?

Jac similar to yours would be fab!

I made some cupcakes yesterday and they were crap :lol: .. cake stuck to the wrappers!

Making a cake today, and have learn't from my mistakes :blush:

I'll post a picture when i'm done .. and if it looks half decent :haha:

ETA: And here it is :lol:

https://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg322/polkadotsbewley/Allyscake.jpg

I need some help or TIPS. Im making 200 cupcakes at the weekend and i need any good tips which will help me out. Anyone have any? They have got to be good as their for my litle brothers football tournament. Maybe im just nervous :(

when you bake your cakes what temp do you bake them on and what shelf do you put them on? My oven is fan assisted. Also how do you get cupcakes flat?!

I need some help or TIPS. Im making 200 cupcakes at the weekend and i need any good tips which will help me out. Anyone have any? They have got to be good as their for my litle brothers football tournament. Maybe im just nervous :(

when you bake your cakes what temp do you bake them on and what shelf do you put them on? My oven is fan assisted. Also how do you get cupcakes flat?!

my first advice to you woudl have been perfect your cupcakes before you agree to this!!
But you have already agreed .......

mine is a new fan assisted oven and is much faster that my last FA ..... i bake mine slowly at 150degrees fro about 15-18 mins i just check on them!

Oh and always on the middle shelf!

Good luck!

ARGH
im so irritated with my local cake shop, or rather the woman that owns it.
She has told me for 3 weeks now that shell be getting in the coloured fondant i ordered would be in any day, and im willing to bet she hasnt even called her supplier!
Argh
Quick question ladies, you know how grey fondant cracks quite easily, does that go for when its ready coloured too?
Anyone got any anti-cracking tips for fondant in general as well?
I always seem to get little cracks around the edges of my cakes :dohh:xxx

hiya girls! just stopping in with a quick pic of the adidas trainer ! I still need to add some gold writing to it, which tbh im avoiding cos i know ill be rubbish at it!!

its made from irce crispie mix!

wow Andrea that looks brilliant. you are soooooo clever!!!

Girls where can i get cupcake wrappers fairly cheap?I'm doing baby shower cupcakes.Need 24, 12 pink/12 blue.I have bought the feet to go on top and little cases but all the wraps are really expensive?

Jac similar to yours would be fab!

I got mine from here
https://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/acatalog/Cupcake-Wrappers.html

:thumbup:

Tracey, Hope your LO is not upset too much! Poor mite.

I'm done with cakes now until first week in June unless something else comes along!

so here's my cupcakes for a customer:
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/jacs%20blinkies/fabrics/jenscakes.jpg
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/jacs%20blinkies/fabrics/jenscakes2.jpg
and a birthday cake for a friends mums birthday
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/jacs%20blinkies/fabrics/IMG_4917.jpg

I wasn't quite brave enought to pipe 'happy birthday' on the board so think I am going to have to buy some smaller tappits or practise my piping.

They look great Jac :D
Mmmm,
btw did you ladies ever get round to sending each other cupackes or did i miss that?
How'd they turn out if so? xxx

do you make them in normal bun case decorate then just drop them in wraps? or muffin tins?

thanks so much girls...im just about to start packing his hospital bag in a mo. i hope hes going to be ok :(
its going to be a very long day 2moro.

jo, fab cupcakes!!! i really love the dolly mixture ones!! i love the colour of the icing!x

jac, wow great cupcakes, your icing looks like ruffles! how did u get your icing 'blue' when i do mine they turn out turquoise because the buttercream is always yellow LOL i have icing whitener but doesnt make much difference?!

as for the cracks round the rim of the cake, when applying the fondant, whilst its still soft, rub the cracks round in little circles with the 'ball' part of your palm (if there is such a thing! LOL) the fatty bit at the bottom of your thumb :rofl:
in most cases the cracks will actually disappear, but some of them are stubborn little beggars! i was also told rubbing a very small amount of trex on it with help, but the downside is that u can get 'shiny' patches where the trex has been.

u ahve to make HOW many cupcakes!!?? andreas right hun, you should of made a few cupcakes first before taking on that many!! 1st plan of action is, just concentrate on one batch at a time, dont stress yourself out by thinking about how many u have to make!
i put mine on top shelf, 160 degrees, and just take them out when they are done (which vary if the cupcakes are different sizes)

Thanks Tracey :D
Ill try that :D
Im so sorry, iread what you wrote about Kai when i was feeding a fussy tommy so i couldnt reply at the time and i forgot to after.
Wishing the little guy lots of luck hun, and sending a good few :hugs: your way
xxx

Tracey mine went a funny green colour when I put the blue in:dohh: I added another colour to it, think it was yellow and it turned blue...then added a bit of white to make it a little lighter:thumbup:

Thanks Girls for the lovely comments:flower:

Kris, No Ive not sent them yet...will do though, it sort of got a bit hectic with the baking the last few weeks so not had much chance to bake for fun.:thumbup:

thnx kriskitten. its only a minor op.....but still, i never thought he would have to have ANY op. its still scary no matter what the procedure! i just dont like the thought of him wearing a little mask n being put to sleep! what if he doesnt like the mask?! o god im not pinning him down :(

Jac i can imagine! I dont envy you lol! Youve done a fantastic job though, the cakes were brilliant and the pics on fb look like you had a lovely day :)
Leo's adorable :D

Tracey i know what you mean hun. Doesnt matter how minor its gonna be scary, like i said. Sending you all plenty of :hugs: Try not to worry too much :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->