Cake Making & Baking Group

it is a group and the pic is of 6 cupcakes with flakes in,

Hello.

My mate has asked me to make a beach- hawaii themed cake like this one.

All I want to know is what have they used for sand??? Any ideas. :flower:

Attachments

• beachcake.jpg
    beachcake.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 14
thanks. I might look for Space dust, but if not then brown sugar would work. x

how do you search for groups on FB!

Haha! This one got me last night!! you need to type the group name in the top search box then click on the little magnifying glass thing and it will come up with a list, and this is where it took me ten minutes :dohh: to figure out where Traceys group was, you need to click on the groups option on the left hand side of the screen, should come up then. :thumbup:
Tracey, yeah I was more than happy with my cake, I had designed it myself in the end..... here's some pics
https://img3015.photobox.co.uk/82104443cfa0339a2cc445479a72e480d1f6ebfdaa7f8c41951e8e8a86004d6d6be0af2b.jpg
https://img3015.photobox.co.uk/567347735dcf356a82fbcd3bc8d6f8c60bdf2f31227d12c2a9bb8a68bd6a683b3f845032.jpg
https://img3015.photobox.co.uk/7149645788e10a361f47e4458436d541fef25ea8b78028f3544f6ce5c8be3b28c3ced8dc.jpg
I did want to make my own wedding cake, but mother in law being the way she is :roll:(don't ask.....a bone of contention!) offered to pay for one professionally so in the end I went with it!
Only got two cakes in the pipeline for June, I have a cake to do for a four year old little girl, like the one I made for dd, but with a lot less decoration, they want a little princess on the top like that one though, and then a cake for father in law, mother in law wants a boobs one, but feel slightly odd doing this for my father in law...is it just me or is it slightly wrong? (I should also add here that I have had to see him in a thong and tutu, and wasn't the best moment of my life...he's 67!!! Now that IS wrong!) :haha::haha::haha:

lovely heather!! the pics are dead small though but i think i see some shimmery ivy leaves?! nice!

omg...yeah not sure if i could do boobs for the father in law!! and i dont think i dare ask why he was in a thong and tutu! EWWWWW try to erase men in thongs from my mind....no matter how fit the bloke....thongs just DO NOT look right! LOL

FF you can either use crushed ginger biscuit, coarse brown sugar, etc, either way its all edible :)

andrea, i was trying to think of names for a cake business (i didnt even choose t-cakes!! and in my opinion i think its sounds abit corny!!) theres a few i like, but everybody has taken them on websites and facebook!

ok girls...bit of a game here.....
i want a name...quite short, but something that says 'cake' to you when u say it.
i LOVE bakerella..but its already been taken by a very worthy baker! LOL
also like sprinkles...but again been taken by a cupcake company!

can u come up with anything?

Oooooo i like this game! Will have a think!

Mine was just Daisy cakes cos of Daisy!! If i hadnt had her and had so much time on my hands i wouldnt have started doing it!
Plus Fairy cakes..... Daisy cakes..... yeah corny too!! haha!!

ill be thinking about yours!

andrea...daisy cakes is super cute!! and not corny at all! it instantly makes you think of adorable cakes with little ladybirds etc!!

andrea are u sure we arent twins!! i love cherry too!! when i was about 8, i was convinced i was going to have a cottage and call it 'cherry tree cottage' :rofl:
i love actual cherry symbols too :)
AND cherry scented stuff and of course...glace cherries :) LOL

but im totally stuck for names, i sometimes like the one word things like, 'sprinkles' and 'crumbs' because they sound posh LOL these are taken though,
and then i think because i like horror films etc, i thought of 'twisted sugar' but thats already taken too! and someone has one called 'the twisted sifter' :rofl: i love that!

then thought i love all things fantasy..like nightmare before xmas, alice in wonderland, so i thought 'wonderland cakes' but thats taken too LOL

and no..i dont want anything corny like flour power :rofl:

What about Sprinkles & Crumbs

They read quite well together when you wrote them just now :haha: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79