Cake Making & Baking Group

lol andrea, how weird!!
hows the roulette chips going?

well....i like the name so much (and so does OH) so i bought the domain name!! all my other names like sprinkles and the ones you mentioned etc were taken....however little cherry cake company wasnt so i bought the domain name.

now that its secured i really need to get onto working out all the certificates and how to get round stuff......anyone on here set a business up....wasnt babydance one of them??
could really use some help. or if anyone knows who im supposed to talk to about all this it would be great! dont know where to start LOL
also the whole website thing has gone over my head!! not going to mess with it till everything sorted and i talk to someone who knows what they are doing! LOL

not too bad but boring!

im glad you bought that name!!! It's super cute!!!

No idea about business though! sorry!

i think i made chips once for a gambling cake? and some dice etc....which kai then squashed whilst i wasnt looking!!! i could have killed him that day LOL
i think i just cut all the chips with a circle cutter and indented them all...and your right, was very boring!

thanks andrea :)
i was surprised it wasnt taken actually! LOL

Lovely name :)
Try the Mr Site packages!
I had my own comedy website when i was 13 (lol, it was obviously hilariously brilliant :blush::rofl:)
But i used the beginner package which was only 20 quid which allowed you to create a relatively simple website, but they have the pro package for 100 quid which means you can make a really proffesional snazzy one.
Im pretty good if i have some kind of host to design on, im pretty useless on basic html tho lol :haha: xxx

ive just lost a cake order to Marks and spencers!!!! Knew this would happen!!!

I wont start going on a huge rant about corporate wankers!!

you had a website at 13!!! wow kris!!! i dont know much about them. just know ive got the domain name. and now need a host, templates, and designs!! but guna wait till ive got the business bit sorted first!! will have a look at that link now....

andrea!!! same here!!!, im making some christening cupcakes for the cupcake tower, and shes buying a small fruitcake from M&S for the top cake!! doesnt bother me too much as im busy enough as it is anyway and ive already ordered my fruitcakes! LOL

lol yup im that cool :winkwink: :haha:
It was called...wait for it..
sanitysucks.co.uk

LOL twas a way to pass the evenings :haha:
Well if you did get those packages and u want me to do anything you can run it from any computer so if you were desperate you could make a moderator account for me to do things for you.
Im nothing amazing with them but i can produce a decent looking site and id be more than happy to do it for you if you wanted :) xxxx

Thats mad...id much rather a cake thats been really loved in making than from a big company.
Argh xxxx

aww thanks kris!! ill keep u in mind when im done scouting around for info on health certificates LOL

im very impressed that u had a website!!!
i like the flash websites u get. not sure how easy those are though?!

argh see now flash is out of my comfort zone lol
You'd have to buy flash the program for starters, then it would involve a lot of playing with (how i tend to learn to do things lol)
xxx

Tracie my OH does website design and he was saying that a Flash website is not overly accessable and if the viewers browser doesn't have the right plug in it won't work and it won't work on mobile devices either, so you may be limiting your client base. He said you'd be best off going for a standard HTML site and making it look really funky and cool. He said Flash is a good way of enhancing the site not creating it.

If you were interested he could design something for you and host it when you were ready but unfortunatly he does charge as it's part of his business. (if not I could just keep listening to his boring waffle and pass it on? Some of it may be helpful if I keep listening for long enough?!)

OMG how annoying is it when all the tappits numbers fall on the floor!!!! ARGH!!

whoppy LMAO
ha ha boring waffle!!

yeah it was a html site i wanted, but with flash things on it if that makes sense?
does he know how to do the thing where theres a picture shown on the page with thumbnails at the side, and when u scroll over the picture it automatically comes up in the frame without even clicking on it.
if that makes sense??!!! LOL i think im confusing myself there nevermind anyone else! LOL

i have no idea hoe much these sort of things cost?
i know like kris said u can buy packages...where u pay to host and it comes with free templates etc. but not sure how much it is to design one from scratch....expensive im guessing?!

andrea i drop them all the time!!! and i mean...ALL THE TIME! LOL

Yay good on you for buying your name, I actually had a name pop in my head as I was nodding off last night!!!

Cherry Bakeswell :lol: too late now but hey ho!!

LOL Jo i would have never thought of that in a million years!! your so clever!
sorry have i had everyone wracking their brains??!! LOL ive been like this for days trying to think of stuff!! LOL
thanks for thinking of names for me girls :)
adam thinks little cherry cake company is good.

although now im thinking THE infront of it!! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->