Cake Making & Baking Group

OMG Sara it looks a million times better than my first icing attempt! Well done it looks really good!

wow andrea those cupcakes are fab!!!!!!!! my mouth is watering!! lol

sara

xxxxxxxx

mmmmmmmmm my stomach is officialy rumbling after those cupcake pics!!

n sara thats a brilliant cake!! the icing looks really smooth!!!!

yumyumyum

taper, what nozzle do you use for cupcake frosting?

ive not done any baking for awhile. Might do a cake tonight! Might buttercream it rather than fondant cover it though :)

mm i just made a cake and its PERFECT! Probably the best cake I've ever made :) If anyone wants recipe lemme know!
I'm gonna make my own marshmallow fondant tonight too :) Wish me luck :D

great blah!! good luck with the MMF...i havnt even tried that yet! lol

im a happy bunny, i have all my cakes baked n covered, ribbons on. now i just need to do all the hearts n wait for them to bring the topper and im all done!!! woo hoo...didnt know how i was guna do it with a 2 week old n a 3 year old!!

Good luck Blah! Pics as soon as you can!

Tracey well done! Cant wait for pics!!

Well I've made the cake and BC'd it, and made my MMF which is delicious :D Gonna fondant my cake when LO goes to bed :)

The MMF was so easy! Very sticky but if you keep adding the icing sugar it eventually comes off your hands like a bread dough :)

:wohoo: i'll have the recipie blah!! pleased you got your mallowfondant made !! well done!!1

sara

xxxxxxxxxxx

2 1/4 C sifted Cake Flour (I just double sifted plain flour.. ive never heard of cake flour!)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks of butter
2 C granulated sugar
4 Lg egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla
1C sour cream
4 Lg egg whites

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare and line 2-8X3" or one 12X3 inch pan with parchment.

Sift togather dry ingredients and set aside. Cream butter until light and fluffy, about 2 min. Add sugar and continue to combine until fluffy and light. Add yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.

Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients, alternating with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the dry. Scrape down sides of bowl and beat for 1 min.

In a separate bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter with rubber spatula.

Bake 8" layers 45-50 min and the 12" pan 60 min or until golden brown.

It's American so its all in cups! I just bought cup measures from tesco but Ive found a good conversion guide here https://www.dianasdesserts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/tools.measures/Measures.cfm

finished my cake :D MMF is quite nice and easy to work with. I rolled it really quite thin and it didn't break or crack but I underestimated one side so had to patch up a little bit :cry: Also didn't knead my pink in enough so it's a little bit marbled :rofl: Oh well, its just for me and OH to devour!

show us pics before you both scoff it!!

What was your marshmallow recipe?

I used 200g mini marshmallow and 2tbsp water in a big mixing bowl, into micro for 2 mins and the I used a spoon I covered in oil to stir it until its smooth. I sifted about 200g of icing sugar into a bowl and greased a chopping board and my hands. I put about half of the sugar into the mm and stired and it was like a really sticky and soft dough. Poured it onto the chopping board and kneaded and added in more sugar as I was kneading until it was no longer sticky. It only took about 10 mins :D half way through you think 'omg all this marshmallow will never come off my hands' but it does!

im going to try making the marshmellow fondant, sounds yummy :)

Does it taste better than fondant? I can't stand the taste of fondant!

haha when i was younger i used to buy bags of ready made fondant to eat! until i noticed the amount of calories!!

Yes a lot better than premade fondant! Nicer to work with too.

After youve made it though you have to wrap it up as usual if you don't use it right away and when you go to use it again you have to put it in microwave for 10-20 secs to soften it up. It goes like one huge marshmallow again :rofl:

sounds sooo good, when i go shopping next im getting the stuff to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->