Cake Making & Baking Group

I'm making cupcakes tonight for my OH's moms birthday tomorrow! I'll make sure to take a picture when I'm done

well hopefully ill have some wedding cake pics for u 2moro....he's supposed to be bringing the cake topper at 9.30.....hope its not ugly :rofl:

eagerly awaiting everyones pics that weve been promised!!!

I am waiting for pics too!!

I stayed up lastnight making all the little sugar flowers and bugs for Daisy's cake, my hands are stained turquoise!

Tonight I am starting on the 60 blossoms for the Barbie cake!

In need of advice from any of you that can help!

Part of Daisy's cake is a fuschia pink, I bought the Fuschia paste AND liquid and none of them are going pink enough! :help:

Also, I was supposed to order pink and lilac pastes for the Brabie one but ordered the powders instead, does anyone know how to use them?
Are they for dusting on afterwards or can you colour fondant with them? :help: again!

taper...i buy my pink pre-coloured....i cant get it that pink any other way......i get M&B hot pink sugarpaste....looks like this:

https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v262/21/107/509248322/n509248322_581591_6933.jpg

ive only ever used powders for dusting/painting. i dont think u can colour with them?? u can try it though on a piece first.
i hate dusting with those powders cause i end up with a very uneven patches.....i just use mine for painting with vodka, or for dipping in...like glitter. xx

Thanks Tracey, i think i will have to buy it ready mixed too, it is just not for going pink at all!!!

i find it hard to get really strong colours with anything...so if i need a deep colour or really bright colour i buy it pre-done, if im just doing pastels etc, i colour it myself.

im really looking forward to ur cake!!!!

ive finished mine now...and took pics but my camera is at my house!! will have to upload some later :)

my cake i tried making earlier didnt rise :(
im going to give up on self raising flower. it never goes right for me.

Yeah I always use plain flour and add the baking powder.

hey girls! Loving this thread and have just read through the whole thing :rofl:

Wonder if you girls could help? I'd like to make Niamh a cake for her Christening, from this picture how would I go about making it, and what equipment would I need? I'd like it to be two tier rather than three, and either chocolate or sponge, so if anyone has a good recipe for either of those then let me know!

https://perfect-wedding.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/large_image16.jpg

also, whats the best way to stack the cakes?

thats pretty , i put dots on alex christening cake too, im rubbish at sponge can only do really good fruit so cant give you a recipe for that :cry:

finally got the pics sorted:

first pic is unfinished red and white:
https://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs202.snc1/6927_126746553322_509248322_2426359_1065765_n.jpg

2nd pic...finished cake, red n gold hearts......tooper supplied by the couple. not really my taste, n i think it looks too traditional for the 'moderness' of the cake....but hey-ho thats how they wanted it and they were chuffed....even got 3 hugs n a tip lol
https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs222.snc1/6927_126746558322_509248322_2426360_4134596_n.jpg

Tracey it is a stunning cake! But agree with you about the topper! Each to their own though ey!

i think that cake is really pretty. im not keen on the cake topper though. i found some pics of cakes i made a few years ago, a bit of extra cash whilst at uni lol. will upload them next time im in york as we've not got a scanner here.

yeah it was really simple to do.

they already had one topper, but lost it so bought this one, and when they came to pick it up they had said they found their old topper....so i was secretly jumping for joy inside coz anything had to be better than this one......BUT it was identical...except stood side by side! :dohh:

i dont think it matched the cake at all, but its what they wanted. i HATE those bride n groom topper....i wanted to do wires n hearts or something, but she wanted a bride n groom!

(same with another woman who has ordered a cake for next year...she wants a bride n groom too :()

LOL nevermind, people will always love stuff like that for their weddings! TBH I thought it was some kind of vintage topper and had sentimental value :wacko: But they bought it?!

i think alot of people go for traditional toppers or sugar flowers so they have something to keep from their cake. i wont be having a topper...not sure what i want on mine.

lol yeah, they bought two, and they are both as ugly as each other lol

if people have toppers i like the style thats in ur sig nemo.
or even monogram ones like this:
https://www.weddingcuts.com/product-images/h-SemiDecorated.jpg

but i still like the fancy ones! with little crystals n stuff :)

OOo that is lovely, i like a bit of bling too! I am so tempted to order some sparkly things for the Barbie cake but they don't want any extra cost on top of the £17!!!!

£17 isn't even covering my costs, oh well, it is all practise! (and advertising, getting people to see the cakes!)

can anyone help with my questions on the last page? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->