Cake Making & Baking Group

LOL blah,
yeah i think its more to do with the shape...u can get clean crisp edges like u can with buttercream whereas its near impossible with fondant. it would set like a rock though wouldnt it! LOL

Jac, last night i made up some roses with pre coloured brown flowerpaste...... not good! so i think ill go down the modelling chocolate as its really chocolatey looking iykwim?!

Congratulations Jaq! Thats FAB!!

Wellll…..I baked my cupcake order last night! It went a bit different to plan buy hey ho!
I hope the lady likes them…she’s going to pick them up Saturday morning. She was meant to be getting them today but I forgot to buy white fondant, meaning I couldn’t do the Cookie Monsters Eyes :haha:
I think they went ok…I was exhausted after doing them!
How much do you all charge per Cupcake?

xxx

Well…there are some on my phone. But I only know how to upload to FB from my phone. – plus don’t want the lady to see them before she picks them up. (plus the piccies are poo)

There are better ones on my camera, but theres no memory card slot at my PC at work so you will all have to wait till tomorrow to see them!

I can say, Im very proud of myself though!

xx

Jac, last night i made up some roses with pre coloured brown flowerpaste...... not good! so i think ill go down the modelling chocolate as its really chocolatey looking iykwim?!

Ohhh I wont bother with the fondant then, just go straight to modelling chocolate. I'm waiting for my petal cutter to come and I'm gonna give it a go!:happydance:

by the way....just ignore my stupid signature!! the website is down at the mo that supplies my tickers, they should return to normal soon!! LOL

LOL Tracey, I did wonder this morning, I nearly removed them!:haha:

LOL its happened once before and i thought WTF is that on my sig!! and then i realized LOL

well im making my mum n dad ruby wedding anniversary cake but not sure what to do. they are having 3-4 tiers. covered in ivory......thats as far as ive got! LOL
she said she likes the tatty teddy toppers i do, but not sure?!

Hi girls, hope you don't mine me joining you all, be prepared for 1001 question while I learn hehe

First question ...... when your making cupcakes, do you use muffin papers or the little cake papers?

im super pissed off!!! I went to morrisons to stock up on macdougals flour, bread flour, jam etc....

EVERYTHING has gone up in price!! ARGH!!!! The flour was 92p and is up to £1.10!

Sorry, im having a whingy moan!

Morrisons are now doing their own range of frostings in tubs now though, they had vanilla, strawberry and choc..... dunno if they would be any good though!!

right I am gonna have a go at making some just regular cupcakes, nothing fancy to start with, if I use 3 eggs, about how many cupcakes will that make?

ok and one last question lol sorry :blush:

what oven temp would you recommend? I have a electric fan assisted oven :thumbup:

i bake mine at about 150-160 for 15 mins ish!! haha dunno, i check when they are done really!

they are in and smell amazing lol, even if they don't come out looking good or tasting good at least they smell good lol

For all you ladies doing a cake business (hope u dont mind me being nosey, you dont have to answer) how much profit do you make roughly each month once you've done and sold all your cakes.

The reason i ask this is because i would love to sell my cakes etc but

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->