Cake Making & Baking Group

Nah I like it how it is, now we'll have to think of a funky logo for you :lol:

LOL i know! it will either have to be a cherry or a cupcake with a cherry on it :)
im getting more involved with the name, logo n web design instead of actually sorting the business out first LMAO

I’m so excited but so nervous to do my sesame street cupcakes tonight! I’m hoping the colours turn out ok, as the only time I used the sugarflair ones on Sunday the buttercream got too warm!
Also, I have never made 40 cupcakes before! The max is probably 12 eeeek!

xxxx

Tracey with those packages with templates you can still make the site from scratch, in the same package.
I never used the templates xxxx

thanks hun!

ive dabbled with a tiny bit of html when doing ebay listings....but its all gobbldigook to me at times!!!

I'll ask him when he gets home tonight for you. I'd imagine he does know but if not he'll know how to find out. I'll have to use all my powers of concentration because as soon as he opens his mouth and computer speak comes out my brain shuts down. TBH I don't think that using Dave would be the most cost effective way of producing a site, however it would be quick and all singing all dancing. The more complex it is then the more expensive it gets.

Hi girls, wow seems ages since Ive been on here...busy busy Ive been:dohh:

Im baking a birthday cake for a friends son this week, its a freebie so not going overboard. I have a 2nd birthday cake for a lady off here for 10th June and an order for some birthday cupcakes for another ladyt off here for 2nd july...ohh and erm an 18th birthday cake, 3 tier for september, am waiting on colour.theme etc..and they said cost it not a problem, apparently the are rolling in it MIL says..so needs to be something pretty spectacular.

My OH is a photographer for a wedding shop, you know one of those companies that can arrange your whole wedding for you including cakes! He's had a word with the woman who owns it and she offered to put a dummy christening cake in the window for me, get me some orders so thats my next project. Ive ordered 2 foam cakes an 8 and a 6 but need a 10 so thats on its way:happydance: Going to do a 3 tier in pink and white, sticking with the footprint theme and booties:thumbup:

Then, I might have a go at making some sugar flowers, (won a book on ebay with step by step guides) and attempt a simple wedding cake! Lady from wedding shop has mentioned that their current cake lady is getting on and seems to do reallt traditional stuff when people want more modern stuff... so an opening there maybe! I want to do a white/ivory cake, with brown choc roses climbing up it with little diamantes in the middle of the roses.

Great name Tracey!

Jac :shock: im doing a wedding cake in 2 weeks........ its ivory... with brown roses climbing up it and pearls in the middle of the roses!! LOL!!!

Spookyyyyy!

You are going to get TONS of orders with your cake dummies on show like that!! Well done you!!!

ohhh Andrea, you must show me when its done!! (I wont copy, honest:winkwink:)

The thing is, my MIL has put me off a little as she says the more traditional wedding cakes are mostly made from royal icing not fondant? Can you get ready to roll royal icing? :blush:

Are you going to use the modelling chocolate Andrea or the chocolate flavoured fondant?

Tracie - Dave said that yes he can do the thumbnail pics which enlarge when you hover over them with your curser. He does it using Java script and it's not particularly hard to do or time consuming. He then starting talking about overlays etc and I'm afraid I switched to screen saver.

LMAO whoppy, thank u so much for doing that!! hope he didnt bore you too much! ha ha
ive heard of java script...thought it was abit like flash?

jac u busy bee!! well done on getting ur cake dummy in a shop! i bought those polystyrene cake dummies years ago.....i havent ever used them yet as i always think its a waste of fondant LOL
yep shes right it used to be royal icing, but more of the decoration was royal icing...the piping work mainly! my nan used to work with royal icing all the time, piping stars, shells, flowers, trellis work etc.
to be honest im not a fan of the traditional stuff!!! im a contemporary girl! :)

oooo cant wait to see these wedding cakes, i just LOVE the cream and brown cakes!!! i think its a brill combination!

Ive brought my domain name a few weeks ago, just in the middle of designing my website.
All thats on it now is my logo.... ktcakes.co.uk

I used to do web design all the time when i was about 14 but havent done it in a while!!

Lol id unsubscribed to this page i thought youd all been very quiet so checked the thread to find ive missed over 20 pages :rofl: xx

LMAO whoppy, thank u so much for doing that!! hope he didnt bore you too much! ha ha
ive heard of java script...thought it was abit like flash?

jac u busy bee!! well done on getting ur cake dummy in a shop! i bought those polystyrene cake dummies years ago.....i havent ever used them yet as i always think its a waste of fondant LOL
yep shes right it used to be royal icing, but more of the decoration was royal icing...the piping work mainly! my nan used to work with royal icing all the time, piping stars, shells, flowers, trellis work etc.
to be honest im not a fan of the traditional stuff!!! im a contemporary girl! :)

oooo cant wait to see these wedding cakes, i just LOVE the cream and brown cakes!!! i think its a brill combination!

I too think its a waste of fondant but its gotta keep hasn't it, will be worth it if it gets me some orders.

I'm still waiting on the college getting back to me about starting the sugarcraft course in september too:dohh:

quick q, ive been meaning to ask....since using Mickey the mixer, Ive noticed my cupcakes dont dome up anymore....they stay either flat or with a little dip in the middle:wacko: Ive not changed anything...still at 160 in the middle of the oven, does the heat need to go up or up/down a shelf?

katycam love your logo!! very cute!!
did u make the cupcake? or was it a sort of clipart? cant believe u two had websites at a young age!! i think thats brilliant!

babydance....wasnt it you that had started a business up? im currently in the middle of researching,...anything you know would be helpful! xx

jac, o yeah making a dummy cake will rake lots of orders in. i meant for me its a waste of fondant as id only be displaying it in my house :rofl:
try mixing the butter and sugar for longer on setting 6. then add the eggs and again keep it on 6, and mix for a while (scrape down the sides alot) then when the flour goes in switch to setting 4 and only mix till incorporated xx
if that doesnt work try putting the heat up a notch xx

Royal icing is vile, why would anyone want that on their wedding cake?!

I wish I had more time to bake but I dont seem to find any time to bake cupcakes let alone do a whole cake :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->