Cake Making & Baking Group

No I don't think it is considering if you went into a cake shop that would probably cost around £100, its as gorgeous as ever Jac xx

Thanks Kell:hugs:

Its a dummy though haha...

I'm quite pleased with it, lets hope I get some orders...2nd one to do today:happydance:

Is it?! Ooooo I desperately need to get some polystyrene cakes and get practising. Hoping if this cashback comes through this month I put some towards getting some fondant and things to practice with :thumbup: Xx

Jaq, that is gorgeous!

Im so jealous, I wish I could do that!

No way, Il’d say that was a good price xx

kris that cake is fab!!!! well done! its fantastic for the time limit you had...looks yummy inside too! :)

jac...gorgeous cake!
i think its priced fine hun....
here is my 2 tier pink one....priced at £46.00
but i need to put my prices up!! LOL

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs454.ash1/25000_382010736925_188177171925_3763422_4726502_n.jpg

made some cupcakes yesterday!

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs610.snc3/32109_397413583322_509248322_4217503_5472959_n.jpg

majority have gone already!

got a birthday cake to do today aswell.

whats everyone doing today?

Jac id say that was WAY underpriced! Id pay 120 for that! Ive got a cake for july, its stewie from family guy to serve 20 and im charging £40! X

Tracey, yours is waaaayyy too cheap! I'd be well chuffed if I got that for £46!!

lol in know......its just the area i live in though....no-one would pay more!! they are all cheapskates :rofl: once i get the business up and running though all my facebook pages/groups are getting stripped back, pics re-done and prices changed, and obviously the name needs changing!
coz i have insurance etc to include and a proper system for charging for the electric etc.

I'm gonna see if I can find a piccie of C's christening cake. We paid £95 for it and it wasn't as good as yours although it was a fruit cake xx

Here it is. I think it was only a 10 inch and we didn't even eat it as we don't like fruit cake :dohh:

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/kutiekelly2004/DSCF0902.jpg

quick Q. How many roughly will a 10" and a 8" round cakes serve?

wow Kelly, its a gorgeous cake but £95!!!

My 2nd one is going to be a 1 tier 10 inch round with the little pram model on the top...I was going to charge £45 for that!

wow Kelly, its a gorgeous cake but £95!!!

My 2nd one is going to be a 1 tier 10 inch round with the little pram model on the top...I was going to charge £45 for that!

Yup I know! :( Sad isn't it really! xx

Hi ladies three questions today!

1) sometimes when i make cupcakes and they cool off the paper casing comes away?!

2) they dont rise all the way to the top of the case

3) they dont burn but get rock hard on top???

any ideas im at a loss

If they aren't rising high enough maybe your oven isn't up high enough or theres not enough mixture in the cases.

What cases do you use? The paper casing shouldn't just come away...

Don't know why they would go rock hard on top,maybe you are cooking them for too long possibly?

i cook them as the recipe says so um i was using sainsburys cake cases and they did literally just peel away. Maybe its a one off ............

How do you stick fondant onto cupcakes - with some jam?! i havent done fondant on cupcakes yet so might give it a go.

Is anyone doing anything cakey for fathers day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->