Cake Making & Baking Group

gorgoeus cuppies girls.

well I can unveil my cake now....as the lady it was meant for isn't able to make it to her party:cry: so poor cake has no owner:cry:
but here it is:
https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/nappies/IMG_1089-1.jpg

F**K me Jac why oh why did you not do this before you are bloody amazing! Fabulous x

Just re read i hope you got paid x

Ahhh thats not the issue, was more of a favour for a friend, and thanks hun :hugs:

aww no such a shame its beautiful :(

so i had a go with my new supplies today starting to get the hang of piping didnt have the right icing tho for the added bits which is the best to use? i only had regalice in so it done the job for these but im making birthday cupcakes soon and want them alot better would sugarpaste be okay??

anyway heres my first attempt of cute cupcakes.. i normally stick to choclate etc the stars are a bit flimsy as the icing wasnt hard enough

Attachments

• cupcakes 001.jpg
    cupcakes 001.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 10
  • cupcakes 002.jpg
    cupcakes 002.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 6
  • cupcakes 003.jpg
    cupcakes 003.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 4
  • cupcakes 004.jpg
    cupcakes 004.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 6
I had to practice loads until i got used to a piping bag and different nozzles.
I'm really pleased with my baby boy cupcakes i did today :)

strawberry, sugarpaste n regal ice is the same thing??!! (as is fondant (roll-out))

i use fondant for accessories (regalice) you can add gum trag to it to make them dry harder, but if the buttercream is really moist when adding the decoration it can soften the decorations anyway. xxx
they look lovely!!

awww no jac, how come she couldnt go to the party?!! gorgeous cake!

ive just finished my disco one...OMG how hard was it to cut people from fondant!! especially small enough to fit on an 8" jeez!! i was running out of time too!, hes collecting 2moro morning so just had to get them done....i hope i dont have to do anything like that again! LOL
he wanted a design he saw on the internet but i changed the colours, shapes of the stripes n did a different topper.

strawberry, sugarpaste n regal ice is the same thing??!! (as is fondant (roll-out))

i use fondant for accessories (regalice) you can add gum trag to it to make them dry harder, but if the buttercream is really moist when adding the decoration it can soften the decorations anyway. xxx
they look lovely!!
QUOTE]

ahhh see you can tell im new to this .. :haha: i will have to find the gum trag then... what is best to use for letters using tappits? i tried with the fondant i had and yeah it was a nightmare so i gave up the fondant just seemed way too soft? x

yay for youtube just watched a viddy on how to use the tappits .. i was doing it all wrong :D gonna keep practicing x

Ooooo will try youtube for tappits also!!! i find them a nightmare :s

i just typed in how to use letter tappits and came up with a great vid think was 2nd one down some lady and blue chopping board!!

LMAO strawberry.....'some lady' :haha:
thats lorraine Mckay one of the best figure makers there is! LOL

LMAO strawberry.....'some lady' :haha:
thats lorraine Mckay one of the best figure makers there is! LOL

i have a great way of outting things dont i lol!! but yes she was very good and i did practise with my tappits this morning and got a few successful letters out :D

lol awwwww brill!!! glad it worked for you!!

i havent seen the vid myself...but does she mention to slightly change the thickness etc for certain tappit letters? some are easier then the others and once you know what thickness to use for each one its a breeze!!
great stuff well done! x

hmmm i dont think so but some f them i did roll out a little thinner and thicker cant remember which now mind lol!!

just been asked to do a hello kitty cake for my cousins little girls first birthday.. eeek.. shouldnt be to hard kittys quite simple!

Bought some supplies and gum trag today. There's no instructions with the little bottle. How much do you put in your icing? A tiny bit or a bit?

Strawberry!

I still need to take pictures off all the stuff Im selling dont i!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->