Cake Making & Baking Group

Hello all.

Wow fab twilight cupcakes.

Jo--cant wait to see a piccies.

Has anyone made ganache icing either chocolate or vanilla? I really want to make some but i dont know how too?

x

has anyone watched the programme cupcake wars???

getting some AMAZING flavour ideas

they are doing loads of different flavours and some savory ones too

but there was one that had tabacco in :sick:

oooo will keep an eye out

where can i get these?
https://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u311/fr4nkiebabz/CommercialPlasticScrewTopJars_l.jpg

only found them on an american website!
I buy loads of sprinkles when on offer and that and want some of these to store them in or something similar.
Sometimes i buy sprinkes off the net and need to put them in containers too

x

Like I said it was just thrown together and Ant is not a huge fan of fondant etc...
You can laugh I don't mind but I am proud of my letters :smug:
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/cakes%20and%20stuff/555587a7.jpg

Those letters are fab! They look thick even though were suppose to roll thin, they look really good!! Mine all broke and I had to stick them back together lol

Jo, the cake looks yummy and the letters are fab!

Some great cakes been made since I was last on here :)

I've just whipped up some chocolate cupcakes. I had no eggs so improvised with an egg-less recipe I found online that has vinegar and cooking oil instead. Anyone use this recipe? I tried the batter and it was good, couldn't taste the vinegar or anything which was surprising. They're in the oven now so I'll let you know how they taste :thumbup:

great letters jo!! are u glad u jumped in with the tappits now?? i think they look alot better than piped writing (but thats coz im crap at piping LOL)

mmmmm ganache!!..no i havent made any...but i love the stuff! :)

well ive just finished my twilight toppers ready to go on the cupcakes that im making 2moro night! god talk about time consuming!!

its getting harder and harder to make cakes now that Abbi is almost 11 months old...shes crawling around everywhere and follows me in the kitchen constantly!! it was easier when she was a baby coz all she did was sleep ha ha

as for 9 year old...id see if he was into any type of sport, or if he had a fave film, program? like simpsons etc? or a fav food that he always eats?

great letters jo!! are u glad u jumped in with the tappits now?? i think they look alot better than piped writing (but thats coz im crap at piping LOL)

mmmmm ganache!!..no i havent made any...but i love the stuff! :)

well ive just finished my twilight toppers ready to go on the cupcakes that im making 2moro night! god talk about time consuming!!

its getting harder and harder to make cakes now that Abbi is almost 11 months old...shes crawling around everywhere and follows me in the kitchen constantly!! it was easier when she was a baby coz all she did was sleep ha ha

I am really glad I got some now, I did have a bit of a :hissy: and threw some broken ones across the kitchen (Bella the dog was happy :lol:)

Can't wait to see the twilight cupcakes, I bet it is hard work for you now, they never keep still do they?, Jack at least can help me a little bit now, mixing eggs or whatever :)

cant wait for my cupcake book too come thankyou pinkmummy :)

gotta make cupcakes tomorro night for mothers boyfriends birthday.. cant be bothered to make a cake so doing little cupcakes and puting them together so they say happy 40th .. or something not quite decided yet going to use blue icing and star cutters.. nothing speciall... dont particularly get on with him :haha:

Mmm jo that cake looks yummy, i love runny icing mmm
Im still yet to invest in some of the tappits, im using letters on a row iykwim?
Im now covered in red and white glitter.
I made a white rose!!!
Nothing too impressive lol but its the first usuable one iv managed so iv dusted it in white glitter, and iv also made a ton more blossoms, painted them red and covered them in red glitter :thumbup:
Im making the 2nd cake for thursday as it turns out so im baking and decorating tomorow :D
xxxx

lol kris....i always find the blue n red colours hardest to get off....especially if it goes down your nails! LOL
so have u decided on a theme yet for the 2nd one...blossoms and roses?

jo, i did thats right at the beginning!! ended up whizzing my letters at the back door! :)

yep your right they dont keep still!! shes making a mess right now as i type! ha ha
the twilight cupcakes have been hard work really...especially the chess pieces! LOL

OOhh JO, thats my kind of cake i love runny fondant!! yum!

tappits are a pain in the bum till you get used to them!!

I'm fedup of spending money of cake stuff! haha! I just put another big order in *sigh*

Tracey, chess pieces are a pain in the bum! I made some for Gemma's Twilight cake for her birthday, wouldn't like to do them again!!!!!

I still have a ton of things i need to make for this months cakes but cant find the motivation! Need to though or I wont have time, I have 4 cake next week !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->