Cake Making & Baking Group

lmao i am sure im more clueless than you! cant even imagine how would fill it xx

yay boothh!! welcome hun!!

black forest ones are to DIE for!!
i buy the dark cherry pie filling. when cupcakes are done cut a hole in the middle, insert a cherry and some of the sauce, put the 'lid' back on and then frosting over the top :)

mmmmmmm betty crocker!!! YUM!

andrea...ha ha i know JUST what u mean by tacky wedding toppers.......why am i always the one where the couple always supply the toppers and they just NEVER match the cake!!?? LOL
i have a yellow n orange one to do (soooooo not looking forward to that one) even though it has a cute topper (tatty teddys under an arch) she wants a white cake with BRIGHT yellow ribbon on each tier, with BRIGHT orange thinner ribbon in the middle of that. and silver balls on the middle tier, with white balls on the top n bottom tiers....and thats EXACTLY how she wants it.....im just trying to visualize those colours together??!! LOL

sounds mm garish to say the least lmao! they cant complain though if theyve asked for something and you do it how they tell you!!

well my chocolate cupcakes came out great, i bought one of those silicone muffin trays and i was worried they would come out weird but they were good,

my frosting though omg, i make a piping bag out of greaseproof paper from memory but friggin hell i havnt used one for about 7 years i just couldnt get it look nice so ended up just smoothing over with back of a spoon OH loved them though they turned out good to say i havnt baked for years and years, they rose properly and everything, im gunna put some pics up in a second :) xx

nothing compared to some of yours but they taste really good haha

https://i29.tinypic.com/1918x2.jpg

https://i28.tinypic.com/m9ygic.jpg

im proud of that half an hours work haha! x

they look wonky in the pic but they arnt and excuse my mess haha xx

couldnt even finish one really rich specially with the icing,

im embarrassed of mine looking through at some of stuff you can all do!! xx

welcome Booth! Your cupcakes look YUM!

Hmmm tracey, i can sort of visualize it........ im not the biggest fan of silver and gold balls! Although silver is much better than gold!

With those ribbons I imagine it with some lovely fresh orange and yellow Gerbera Daisies as a topper iykwim?

This is the bit I hate, when someone has a firm idea of what they want but you just know it wont work well, and they wont listen!!

I am CERTAIN you will make it look good though! :D

The toppers that went on the wedding cake I made were quite cute, I wouldnt have matched them with the cake but she bought them ages ago and I had no idea what they looked lie till I seen the photos! But they could have been a million times worse!!!

Hi booth :wave:
THey look lovely I could really eat one of them just now :)

Georgie don't you have a bismarck tip? that is what I always use for filling my lemon ones

my birthday cupcakes for mothers oh

https://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz55/aread43363/115.jpg

https://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz55/aread43363/114.jpg

https://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz55/aread43363/112.jpg

first proper time using tappits for a project... quite pleased :)

wow those a really great!! the stars are really good xx

Wow! Strawberry! Those are brill!! Well done!!

PS Posted teh book today :) xx

iv got the bug i think now been thinkin about what i can make tomorrow might make some more cupcakes!

boothh they look fantastic!! why embarrassed?...they look great too me! and MEGA chocolaty!!

lol andrea i think they would look nice with gerbera's too....my EXACT thought....but they have given me my orders n its what i have to follow! lol
its the same woman who first decided she wanted yellow and black, then decided on having it dusky pink instead, and then changed it too deep orange...and now the FINAL design is BRIGHT orange n yellow ribbon with silver balls!! eeeeeekk!!!

no matter how i make it i cant make it look nice LOL

andrea your type of cake u did didnt need a topper IMO some cakes look better without one sometimes.

strawberry...fantastic cakes!!!

Hi booth :wave:
THey look lovely I could really eat one of them just now :)

Georgie don't you have a bismarck tip? that is what I always use for filling my lemon ones

Jo...I do have that I didnt really get how you used it! :haha:
In the end I just squireted some chocolate spread into in and then covered the top in it too!
Very chocolaty!!

I only done the 3 I had spare so the other 12 (for my friends birthday Friday..) are going to be decorated tonight, so if anyone has a proper way of filling cakes I would be greatful!

They are Chocolate Cake with Chocolate frosting, in a pink case...for toppers I amde my own butterflies :smug: cut out hearts and LAURA then covered them with Glitter...hoping they will look ok! :haha:

I also made my drama faces last night...I might post a picture, they are quite embarrassing though :blush:

xx

ETA: Strawberry those are great!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g