Cake Making & Baking Group

same here andrea, i have to incorporate the insurance in etc going to take about a wekk to review all the prices for my cakes :rofl: and i need a method for working prices out properly instead of guessing at most things!! alot of my cakes all cost the same price...yet each one requires a total different amount of time, detail, work etc!! lol

heyhey dont change mines price! lmao! no seriously i can well understand prices more now cus it took me all day to do that cake and its pretty simple compared to some of the stuff you do! people dont realise just how much time goes into it!

and i think the icing went pretty well, there are a few bumps but i didnt have any smoothers or anything so i just had to improvise, i cant wait to try it though!! x

same here andrea, i have to incorporate the insurance in etc going to take about a wekk to review all the prices for my cakes :rofl: and i need a method for working prices out properly instead of guessing at most things!! alot of my cakes all cost the same price...yet each one requires a total different amount of time, detail, work etc!! lol

You definitely need to up your prices!!!

i have just quoted £65 for 30 cupcakes with silver roses on top and a 6" sponge top tier iced in ivory with silver ribbon, what do you think? she is getting fresh roses made up herself for the top of the 6".

lol boothh, dont worry those ive already quoted stay at that price :) :rofl:

yeah i think its the icing that probably costs the most, and then all those little extra's you forget to add on, like paste colours, glitter, ribbon, filling etc.

gem...sounds ok to me! i was looking through a few cake pictures yesterday n found this:
its priced at £470!!
https://www.angelcakesbyvirginiavalentine.co.uk/images/gallerys/cupcakes/Chocolate_selection/full.jpg

i know i remember looking through your thread and thinking god you must be losing out with some of your prices, cant complain happy im getting a bargain though, but for everyone else you should definatly up your prices :p
yeah i wouldnt even think of the colours, glitter etc!

Going to make cupcakes as teachers thankyou presents i think.
Maybe Mars Bar melts?

gunna go make some strawberry and white choc cuppies i think

wow this thread moves so quick!

I have an order for a Liverpool FC 40th birthday cake for friday and I have the idea of doing a 3d half circle cake covered in black and white hexagons, like a football is.....how is this done?

Do I need a hexagon cutter? Do I cover the whole cake with fondant first and then stick on the hexagons or just stick hexagons on the buttercreamed cake?

x

boothh..fantastic cake...i cannot believe thats your first cake...u seem to have iced it perfectly!!! pikachu (cant spell that! LOL) is so cute!!

Jo...yep its tracey :) thanks :)
this is the one for the page:
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?...ges/Bacup-United-Kingdom/T-Cakes/188177171925
i have a group too :)

im making the teachers a cake too...they break up on thursday and he starts school too! scary isnt it??!!
:lol: I was searching for Little Cherry, Thank you

Oh yeah dead scary them moving on, I will be bang in middle of playground politics now for the next 6 years!!!

wow this thread moves so quick!

I have an order for a Liverpool FC 40th birthday cake for friday and I have the idea of doing a 3d half circle cake covered in black and white hexagons, like a football is.....how is this done?

Do I need a hexagon cutter? Do I cover the whole cake with fondant first and then stick on the hexagons or just stick hexagons on the buttercreamed cake?

x
I was thinking of something like this for Ants and the only way I could think was to make the cake in a pyrex style dish, then all over white with black hexegons.
I think you will need a cutter, design a cake do a lot of Hex cutters

mmmmm mars bar cuppies!

n i love white chocolate!

Jac, i would do it white then stick the black hexagons on, dunno, I think Tracey has done a half football before, might be wrong!

Jac where s all the pics of cakes you have been making? Have you posted them and i missed it?

Im doing a cake for early august for my uncle, its going to be an arsenal cake with a crum kit on top lol xxx

anybody got any links for hexagon cutters?

Uhmmm Andrea...last one I did was the 40th cake? pink n black.

Ohh did a christening cake same as leo's forgot to take piccies....been too indulged somewhere else :blush:

https://www.design-a-cake.co.uk/
Jacs :flower:

Thanks Jo....I spotted the wilton 3d football tin on there so bought that instead, I should be able to make a hex template using that now:thumbup:

Thinking that as the main cake, with a red/white striped scarf around the bottom, green grass like board, 40 on sticks sticking out of the top...need to incorporate a lpool badge or something in there though:dohh:

edit...gonna attempt a model in a l pool footy kit to sit on the top:thumbup:

Jac I have a wilton sports pan and hexagon cutters.Do you want to borrow the cutters?

yup seen your pink and black one! LOL @ indulging elsewhere!

When is the wedding cake you are doing?

I should have baked a couple today by now but CBA!!! hehe....... oh well they will get done!

Arent you meant to pipe the decoration onto the wilton tins?
I would guess if you wanted to use fondant instead youd have to get the cutters...
the cake sounds really good :D
Im sure your model will be great if your baby cradle is anything to go by! xxx

No shouldn't think so as you'll get the imprint and you are very arty so can draw them on.But if you did decide to do it different i have some! I used a pyrex bowl and the cutters to make my own unique ball last time.Got a edible pen and drew the stiching on x

But bought the pan after and never used it :dohh:

I did a liverpool cake I made a oblong sponge and made a pitch with green dyed dessicated coconut on it and draw the lines on.Got some goals and footy players off ebay and put the liverpool crest in middle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->