Cake Making & Baking Group

lol, cassandra i had to do tons of research for those cupcakes...still dont know the team jacob, team edward bit though...is one a vampire n one a wolf or something....if so where does the lion and lamb come in??!! LMAO

thanks for checking kim!! i know on album,s u can only have 200 photos...and on the group once mine had hit 200 everytime i uploaded photos to it it said 'no photos have been added to the group' yet when i clicked to check...i could see them there!! just wondering if everybody else could too!! i keep updating it and not knowing if people could see the latest cakes!! LOL so are the twilight cupcakes and army tent on there too?
xx

boothh my cake is in the oven too :) choccy cake
what flavour is yours? x

lol danielle.....so youve already been asked for one?? i suppose it different if youve been asked...i thought u were just advertising them. if someone asked me to do one i would, n just put it with the rest of the pics so people knew they were available, but i wouldnt put 'funeral cakes' under the bit where u tell people what cakes u make :rofl:
has she been asked to do a divorcement cake? id love to do one LOL wedding cake style but totally twisted! :) ha ha

lol, cassandra i had to do tons of research for those cupcakes...still dont know the team jacob, team edward bit though...is one a vampire n one a wolf or something....if so where does the lion and lamb come in??!! LMAO

thanks for checking kim!! i know on album,s u can only have 200 photos...and on the group once mine had hit 200 everytime i uploaded photos to it it said 'no photos have been added to the group' yet when i clicked to check...i could see them there!! just wondering if everybody else could too!! i keep updating it and not knowing if people could see the latest cakes!! LOL so are the twilight cupcakes and army tent on there too?
xx

boothh my cake is in the oven too :) choccy cake
what flavour is yours? x

Yeah Edward is the vamp, Jacob the wofl. Its their personalities that everyones going mad over really, Edward is the ******* and Jacob is the kinda sweetheart you'd want your daughter to marry.

The Lion & Lamb phrase is Bella falling in love with Edward...

Ha ha, im a geek! :smug:

its vanilla sponge, stuart wants it with buttercream and jam in the middle lmao

well i have made some very bad attempts at modelling, 2 pokeballs and a pikachu, they are pretty dodgy but hey its my first attempt! cakes a cooling now,

the lion and the lamb is something to do with edward and bella like hes the lion shes the lamb i think, haha x

so if jacob is the nice one....why is there a big rave about team edward??!! LMAO
is jacob the one who i see in screenshots with no top on?? if so, im on team jacob LMAO :rofl:

ha edward is fit though, OH called me a perv the other day cus they were talkin bout jacob on the radio in the car n said hes 18 n i went 'oo hes old enough then' LMAO

all depends on preference which team!

Edward is lushy in the books, films not so much, I sway between the 2!!!

I have just done some new home cupcakes........ next is MILs birthday cake!

Yeah Jacob is the more dishy but very young IRL!! Edward just steals your heart in the book....if Jacob was older i'd :sex: him!! :haha:

Right, i'm off to bake a cake :winkwink:

https://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz173/boothh/svwsV.jpg

first ever birthday cake!! very messy but he loves it! and i know its going to taste good! xx

Booth that looks fab!!, so much better than my first attempt, back on page whatever LOL and my second and third :rofl:

Twilght cupcakes look bloody fabulous, well done Tracey( it was Tracey wasn't it? :blush:)
The Tent is fab as well.
I don't think I have your page on FB, link me!!

I haven't done any baking this week apart from Ant cake, which by the way he hasn't had any off, I told you he didn't like my baking :( only 2 slices have gone from it as I don't like Jam :rofl:

I'm making about 40 Cupcakes this week for Jack to give his nursery teachers as he is going to big school, was dead miffed though as my local shop was out of 12 hole boxes :grr: I wanted to do 12's for his teachers and 6's for student helpers, doesn't look as good in 2 6's, might have to persuede Ant to let me order online :lol:

I've spent this morning making Daisies, butterflys and blossoms to decorate.

sorry I've been away for a while but great cakes ladies!
How did you write in white on the black icing tracey, and with such fine lines in the 'twighlight font'?
I don't have an awful lot in the pipelines at the moment, nice to have a bit of a break to be honest! I havethis dreaded Tiger moth plane one to do for the 24th, but think I have an idea to make it a bit easier and then I have an order for 12 cupcakes to do for 5th August with little bug toppers, so taking it easy! lol! Going to start on this tiger moth this week though.
I'm a bit peeved about it to be honest, it's for a friends grandmother, they were the ones who had the last fairy one off me, they had been looking at professional sites up in Birmingham and my friend thought they were really expensive for what you got, and that mone looked better, now she wanted a 9" square complete with decoration for £30 - the problem being she wanted one exactly like I did for dd, with all the flowers, bugs and fairy on, I said there was no way I could do it for that price, anyway, to cut a long story short, they wouldn't shift on budget so ended up doing a 7" square and simplifying the design, now with this tiger moth, exactly the same situation, they are aware that I want to do it as a bit of a part time business rather than just a hobby, but still only want to pay £30, by the time i've finished buying ingredients and decorating, never mind the time I spend perfecting it, I've hardly made anything on it, but she's one of my best and most certainly my oldest friends, (this one is actually being comissioned by her Gran), so in future, If it was you, would would you do, would you just keep doing them or say no next time? Any advise would be greatly appreciated! x

I know what you mean hun, after I made a cake for my little sisters birthday and then one for a friend (both off my own back) my other sister was like "Er, do you mind making Dean a cake?" (her son) and now it seems that everyone is putting orders in for their birthdays...

I'll have to be having a little word that it wont be free every time and they certainly wont be getting it for peanuts!

Its a hard situation as you dont wanna offend, but I think you'd just have to be honest and tell them why, no great advice sorry hun :hugs:

boothh..fantastic cake...i cannot believe thats your first cake...u seem to have iced it perfectly!!! pikachu (cant spell that! LOL) is so cute!!

Jo...yep its tracey :) thanks :)
this is the one for the page:
https://www.facebook.com/album.php?...ges/Bacup-United-Kingdom/T-Cakes/188177171925
i have a group too :)

im making the teachers a cake too...they break up on thursday and he starts school too! scary isnt it??!!

Heather..the twilight font was hand painted on with silver lustre :)
and as for your friends id explain that you were trying to set it up as a business and you just cant afford to do it...if she moans further about it i wopuld point her in the direction of tesco's or asda....that way shes still getting a cake for a price she wants, and your not being left out of pocket...and basically being made a mug of!

i agree with Tracey, dont let them talk you down in price cos it will end up costing you, you have to give plenty of room for all your colours etc all the little things that cost.

With family and friends, the majority of the time they ask for the full normal price i would charge anyone else, as they know i make very little on them anyway.

I am having to up prices soon as EVERYTHING has gone up
like flour, marg the lot!

same here andrea, i have to incorporate the insurance in etc going to take about a wekk to review all the prices for my cakes :rofl: and i need a method for working prices out properly instead of guessing at most things!! alot of my cakes all cost the same price...yet each one requires a total different amount of time, detail, work etc!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->