Cake Making & Baking Group

weigh your eggs hun...whatever ur eggs weigh...weigh the same amount in flour (should also be the same for your marg n caster sugar) i dont work in cups either! its an american thing xxx

oh i hope our morrisons get all that too!

I have tried their strawberry frosting, it went down very well!! The vanilla was aparently not as good as mine though! :smug:

fabulous cake again Tracey! :) x

I bet our Morrisons won't....all we'll get it a year later like most things on the Island! LOL

does anyone know much about income tax and NI contributions?

Paranoia has hit again! I just checked online and it says I can earn up to £122 a week without paying tax and NI?

So I *think* I what I am doing is earning in my personal allowance, so dont need to register for tax till I earn more than that?

and i earn nowhere near that amount from cakes! I make one a week a reckon!

am i ok? :help:

i *think* you are fine hun...OH earns 113 a weeks and doesnt pay tax or NI xx

well, cupcakes are in the oven now, hoping they turn out ok, because after all of that I weighed my eggs, chucked in the flour and baking powder, put it in the cases, in the oven and then spotted the eggs left on the worktop! So out they came again, had to scoop all the mix back into the bowl, mix in the eggs and then into some more cases, keeping my fingers crossed!
I also cheated and bought some ready made cupcakes and some of the Morrisons vanilla frosting, just to try it out really and also to try doing the roses out of buttercream on the top, I figured my dad won't really care what state they turn up in, it all goes down the same way! But I'm actually quite pleased for a first attempt! May do some rose swirl ones in pretty colours for the teachers and staff at dd's school next week as her class teacher is retiring - she taught me when I was there! Have taken some pics, will post later when I have finished the mars bar ones, too, although depending what they come out like there maybe pics of them, but maybe not! Smelling good though even if they do turn out cr*p!!

oo that owl cake is really cute!! i love that,

i went to morrisons yesterday but there was nbothing good at that one, its only a tiny one though, gunna go have a look in the big one at weekend x

and my favourite cake stand which i got in a charity shop for 50p was 2 tier glass with gold swirly pattern, has cracked in moving it :( x

OK, just been asked if i'll make a dozen cupcakes, girly tea party theme!

Whats you best foolproof cupcakes recipes and tips?! Never done them before...I better get practicing my piping skills!

:help:

OK, just been asked if i'll make a dozen cupcakes, girly tea party theme!

Whats you best foolproof cupcakes recipes and tips?! Never done them before...I better get practicing my piping skills!

:help:

3 eggs weighed in their shells and all other ingredients same weight as the eggs (flour, caster sugar, butter)

6oz marg/butter
6oz caster sugar
3 eggs
teaspoon of vanilla essence and 6oz SR flour.

Add chopped up bits of mars bars to make Mars Bar Cupcakes they are yum.
Or add Jam into the middle and buttercream on top,they are lovely and summery :)

thanks for the help and advice girls.

Ooh And I am off to my morrissons in a mo to get inspried! haha

by the way.. the swirling icing.. thats obviously piped out of a bag no doubt, is that called frosting? or is that buttercream?
I made some cupcakes out of a packet yesterday.. thought I would have my very first go.. NOT HAPPT AT ALL

see pic!

haha- only one out of 12 came out resembling a round shape!

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0668.jpg

think i will stick to covering and customising prams! lol

Our Morrisons is getting better but I wasn't impressed with the vanilla frosting, it tasted synthetic, I'll stick to my Betty Crocker I think for emergancies :lol:

I hope they get all the other bits in as it is a struggle just to get normal muffin cases in ours as they sell so quickly.

There seems to be such a run on cupcake stuff at the mo, my local shop didn't have 1 12 hole box ( I had to order from cupcakeboxesuk.com, as worked out cheaper getting 10 from there than others on line, not sure I like them though as they seem small, will see when I pack them up :lol:) and didn't know when she could get any as her supplier had run out as well!!!

On another subject I was furious in tesco last week as the value soft cheese had gon upp from 25p to 59p :shock:
Erm yep I sent an emaill about it.....:blush:

I call that icing buttercream i think its the same as frosting.Frosting is just the american word i think?

thanks for the help and advice girls.

Ooh And I am off to my morrissons in a mo to get inspried! haha

by the way.. the swirling icing.. thats obviously piped out of a bag no doubt, is that called frosting? or is that buttercream?
I made some cupcakes out of a packet yesterday.. thought I would have my very first go.. NOT HAPPT AT ALL

see pic!

haha- only one out of 12 came out resembling a round shape!

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0668.jpg

think i will stick to covering and customising prams! lol

yes that is buttercream hun :thumbup: i think the americans call it frosting?!

you will need to bake them in a deep muffin tin to stop them spreading out this way they will end up the right shape.

Jo i agree Betty crocker i dont think you can go wrong with it. i actually cheated the other day and made the devils food cake out the pack and it was :cloud9: mmmmmm delicous

Oh the devils food cake is gorgeous!!!
I use the choc fudge on some of my cupcakes, I just can't make it that nice and works out more expesive with cream and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->