Cake Making & Baking Group

tsia great models i love the little dog one!!

yeah andrea is was me who did the duck and bubble cupcakes :)

kris...thanks! yeah i thought of that, just not sure what to do with the bottom bit (the bit that will sit on the next cake under it).. as thats where the juice would run too.
i was going to do a test cake but forgot to pick an orange n lemon up :dohh:
just wondering if the lemons would actually stick to the paper though with it being greaseproof...once the icing is dry it might just slide off? god why does it have to be so hard!!:shrug: :haha:

LMAO OMG! i havent looked at the smilies for AGES!! and just found this one:

:jo: to get it u have to write 'jo' in the middle of the two :
LMAO is that for u jo?? xx

^^^^yep! :rofl:

Well I have a box full of chocolate roses ready to go on my cake!

Girls I am after 2 clear seperators...any ideas where I can get some cheap? Ebay are wanting £20 odd! :shock:

ook.. whats a clear seperator when its at home?

(coming from the budding baker!)

not sure Jac, will have a look about later on :)

Aw Tracey sorry, I'll name you in pics!! :argh:

Yeah just checked Andreas and she does ducks but her bubble cuppies are fish!

Might need to pinch that idea for Daisys birthday but make the fishies into Nemo style!!! :D

LMAO OMG! i havent looked at the smilies for AGES!! and just found this one:

:jo: to get it u have to write 'jo' in the middle of the two :
LMAO is that for u jo?? xx
:coffee: Yep!!!

Tsia your models and little cakes look fab, PMSL @ licking the stars, get yourself some edible glue woman!! :lol:

jac forgot to answer....u can get a garrett frill cutter its just a round cutter with little humps on it....u need to make it really thin and roll a cocktail stick up and down it to get the 'ruffle' effect, i havent done it myself....tried it right at the beginning of cake making n couldnt get the hang of it so ive never tried it since! looks like the person who made that cake hasnt used them much either! LOL

o yes those acrylic separators arent cheap!!

they had a stall selling them at the cake show (NEC) 2 years ago.....they had a huge one that allowed u to make a big cinderella coach (with acrylic wheels etc) it cost hundreds of pounds!!

o yes andrea ive seen those fish cupcakes!! nemo ones would look SUPER cute!! xx

Tracey these are just for you!!! :hugs:

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs043.snc4/34497_451876570878_620555878_6088132_3761869_n.jpg
https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs023.ash2/34497_451876575878_620555878_6088133_425223_n.jpg

wow tsia your models are great!

and i love the ducky cupcakes!! :)

i made some strawberry and vanilla cupcakes the other day with those animal print cases from morrisons, i dont know if i like them, they are abit small for my silicone tray and it mad the tops wonky :/

They came out well but look Sooooo small compared to the ones i did in muffin cases lol

cuuuuuuuuuute duckies!

A quick question, Ihave some left over buttercream, how long will it keep, covered in the fridge? thanks x

i always assume it keeps as long as butter usually would, but if i have left over i normally make some more cupcakes that night or the next day! :)

andrea cute duckies!! were the yes black sugar balls? dont think ive seen those!

well i went to morrisons....got morrisons own vanilla frosting...and picked up a betty crocker one just in case! LOL got some fudge pieces n some other little bits.

got some of adams favourite chocolates for some cupcakes im making him :) might do them 2moro...beginning of the week is always the calmest! LOL

my next actual cake is for friday...another paint tin. what are all yours? xx

Thankyou gifts for my son's teachers.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P7182083.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P7182093.jpg

ok might sound like I'm a right lazy so and so but can you buy a thing that squeezes out fondant, like a sausage? I can never roll long pieces of fondant the same width:dohh:

to do like rope effects around cakes....nobody answered my question about the frill cutter...:cry:

Yep, Nuttymummy did hun:

jac forgot to answer....u can get a garrett frill cutter its just a round cutter with little humps on it....u need to make it really thin and roll a cocktail stick up and down it to get the 'ruffle' effect, i havent done it myself....tried it right at the beginning of cake making n couldnt get the hang of it so ive never tried it since! looks like the person who made that cake hasnt used them much either! LOL

o yes those acrylic separators arent cheap!!

they had a stall selling them at the cake show (NEC) 2 years ago.....they had a huge one that allowed u to make a big cinderella coach (with acrylic wheels etc) it cost hundreds of pounds!!

o yes andrea ive seen those fish cupcakes!! nemo ones would look SUPER cute!! xx

As for the fondant squeezy thingy...You can buy sugar paste guns, not sure if they have that function on em but I 'think' you can get different nozzles not sure if that'll work!? Ive yet to buy one and find out :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->