Cake Making & Baking Group

LMAO booth i always recommend someone to nurse the cake in the car :rofl: i dont like it being shoved on a seat or in the boot, i prefer people to hold them. if im transporting one anywhere i hold it up away from my knee a little and use my arms as suspension :rofl: needless to say my arm are like wiggly noodles by the time i get to where im going LOL

QUOTE]

hahaha this reminds me so much of me!! hahaha either that or if im on my own delivering i put it in the boot, to one side at the back and wedge a book or the boot liner slightly under the box ive found this keeps it in place too.

LOL ive only ever had ONE person drop a cake....and that was because of ice n snow LOL...luckily it survived, and i only had to fix a teddy on the top!

falling with the cake is number 1 topic of conversation as soon as they pick the cake up LOL

same here!!!!! haha i make them carry it though so its their fault if it drops!!

LOL ive only ever had ONE person drop a cake....and that was because of ice n snow LOL...luckily it survived, and i only had to fix a teddy on the top!

falling with the cake is number 1 topic of conversation as soon as they pick the cake up LOL

I once opened one of our kitchen cupboards and a tin of beans fell out on to a wedding cake i was decorating, i could of cried. It put the deepest half moon tin mark in the icing ive even seen and it was the night before the wedding. luckily i managed to fill it in with royal icing, cover it with a bow and the bride and groom didnt notice. Talk about a huge sigh of relief!! eeeek!

that happened to me with a jar of jam! and im pretty sure it happened to Tracey too!!

aww cookie monster sounds really cute, iv started ordering decorations now for jesses party just sat at my mums tryna figure out where we can put all of it LOL and tryna figure out how much food i can fit on the table haha x

yep that happened to me...on a stadium cake...its soul destroying :rofl:

lol i still want a party for abbi!!
bet it will look fab when uve got all the decorations up n stuff booth!

yeah andrea i make them carry it too!! some people are dead careful n walk really slow, but majority of them just pick the box up and ALWAYS tilt the cake towards them!! im like...keep it level for christ sake its not concrete!! :rofl:

ooo lots to look forward too!! my birthday next saturday...the saturday after that ill be doing some retail therapy in york, and the week after that it will be my little munchkins first birthday :)

shame ive got so many cakes in between so cant relax LOL

im moving house mid august and have 3 cakes around the same week, its gonna be chaos!!!!!!

Andrea/tracey..

How much should I charge for 60 wedding cupcakes with sugar flowers on, prob fancy cases, and an 8 inch sponge iced, left bare apart from ribbon and pearls on the top? (she's putting fresh flowers on top)

rough guestimate?

god if stuart dropped the cake his feet would not touch the ground im telling you hahaha, :dohh:

im getting so excited for his birthday over loading on presents, our wardrobes our getting full with birthday stuff and we have massive floor to ceiling ones covering a full wall so youcan imagine how much birthday crap is in there lol! xx

jac ive charged £65 for 30 cupcakes with fondant roses (made out a mould) and a 6" sponge just iced with ribbon as she is also getting fresh flowers. i charged £1.50 per cupcake

i would prob say £120??

jac, most shops (for cupcakes) START at 2.50 a cupcake

(this is just how i work mine out) id say £1 for a bare cupcake with frosting then extra for your fondant/time etc for making the flowers
the 8" bare sponge would cost, about £20-£25 coz youve obviously got a cake boards there etc.
does she know that for certain flowers u need flower picks for them as some can be poisonous or change the taste of the cake if inserted? xx
good luck!!

andrea, u must be MENTAL for taking that challenge on!! LOL OH would go mad if i did that ha ha

booth...hes a very lucky boy!!

ok well i suppose i better post this dreaded paint tin.....not happy with it but not much i could do for the icing...it just WOULDNT go on right!! on the plus side...my ladder dried out in time!! LOL
customer loved it though...

and get this, they bought a £5 cake from asda as a 'joke' cake so he didnt know he was getting a 'proper' one....just goes to show how crap asda cakes are!! they are bought as a joke!! :rofl:

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs229.snc4/38813_413210173322_509248322_4623723_5381730_n.jpg

Thanks girls...

Gem £120 is mega cheap!

I quoted her £2 a cupcake so £120
£25 for 8 inch iced cake
£20 for bits like pearls, ribbons, flower picks, cake board etc..

then £80 for my time, electric, etc...£245

does this sound reasonable?

i like your price much better :haha:

mine is for my sister in law, she ordered it for her friend so i did it a bit cheaper, but i have since fell out with her so i wish i had charged her full whack.
Cheeky cow told MIL i didnt trust her with sophie when i never said that at all. we were expecting problems thou as her kids are from a prev marraige and she got very jealous when i got pregnant. any way enough of my drama.

I think next time i quote jac i will add on extra for my time, electric etc as i dont think i have been doing this

Have any of you used a Cricut cake machine? I was just googling them as I was being nosey and OMG they're dear! Are they any good?

wow just caught up with 5 pages since 16 hours ago! ! that'll teach me to go to the cinema! haha

well i did the cup cakes and cake tonight i still need to decorate them though. i go waaay to tired and started hurting so i had to stop. i was even so tired that i had everything all togather but forgot to put the oil in the mix! omg hmmmm i wonder how thats going to turn out......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->