Cake Making & Baking Group

whoppy they are gorgeous and perfect!

I have just about completed my shed cake, turned out much bigger than i thought it would and took up much more cake that i thought too!!
The woman is getting a bargain cake!!!!

also just done a boxing glove which was a pain in the arse to carve!!! :hissy:

Just got lettering amd ribbons to do then cupcakes tomorrow and im done for this week! Thank god!
I can't wait to see your shed cake, see how much it puts my effort in the shade :rofl:

Well I think I may have shot myself in the foot and cost myself ££££, do you remember the england flag one I made? i did 1/2 Lemon and 1/2 Choc, well my BF and her DD loved the lemon one and DD asked if I would do one for her birthday so I said yeah fine, gives me a bit of practise, no one mentioned money but I though never mind as it won't be that expensive to do, I bought daisy cutter a couple of weeks back so no extra expense there, now she DD is coming up with ideas and I'm a bit :wacko: I gave her some link, bad mistake as she has spotted a 3 tier present cake that she like the look of maybe Lemon/plain/choc.
Is gonna cost a bomb for all fondant alone, what do I do?
Suck up the cost as it a practise and for a friend or be subtle about how much it is gonna cost + time?

How much do you reckon it would cost for this?
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41uojVys25L._SL500_SX280_PImandscakes,BottomRight,1,1_SX280_CR0,0,280,0_SH35_.jpg
What would you charge? It will be different colours? I'mgonna be out of pocket aren't I?
and I'll have to mess about carving to shape as I only have 1 squareish pan:wacko:

here is my latest 2.........

these are the colours she wanted, and wanted it glittery too (i have no idea!!!)

and the shed is meant to look old and rickety!!

Attachments

• DSC03056.jpg
    DSC03056.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC03057.jpg
    DSC03057.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 27
Wow they look fantastic!!!!!

My quick one from yesterday, It was my friends hubbys birthday, he collared me on way home from work and asked where his cake was, cheeky git he is :lol:
That was at 4pm I thought yeah ok, I'll see what I have in
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/cakes%20and%20stuff/9beabb7e.jpg
Ready at 6pm :rofl:

OK so I have to practice my cupcakes today, I have never piped before! oh and the party is TOMORROW :rofl: :dohh:

Let us know how you get on Paula :)

Jo that chocolate cake looks so scrummy! What is the topping made with?

Let us know how you get on Paula :)

Jo that chocolate cake looks so scrummy! What is the topping made with?
I did it with the runny fondant icing I had in and cocoa and topped with Morribobs choc curls.
I was quite impressed with myself for a quickie not thinking about it :lol:

boothh i have a bag of those fudge chunks too!! :)

mmmmmmmm chocolate cake...it looks SOOOO naughty!!
jo..didnt u say the cake was for DD (does that mean daughter?)

great cakes andrea!...my dad is called colin...and he almost got a greenhouse cake (coz thats what we bought him 4 his birthday) but he got the roly poly stripper instead LOL...its not his birthday till 30th july....but he had the cake early coz he had a joint party LOL

good luck with your cupcakes!!

tsia....i wont buy a cupcake shaped pan...id just make them from 6" cakes or something :) xx

mmmmmmmm chocolate cake...it looks SOOOO naughty!!
jo..didnt u say the cake was for DD (does that mean daughter?)

xx
Yeah DD means daughter she'll be 19 thats why she is picking :lol:, the choc cake above though was a quickie for the same friends husband x

that chocolate cake looks soo nice,

i took a pic of the choc fudge cakes last night but i cant find my phone to put it on!

i wanna make some cupcakes but gotta wait cus i ran outa sugar and eggs and butter last night LOL,

so wait til OH gets home n then have a go haha x

I have a cupcake question :D

I presumed that your cupcakes were all the "normal" size - normal to me being fairy cakes :blush: am I wrong in presuming that?

I ordered some funky cupcake cases off ebay, they just arrived and they're big. Don't look as big as muffin cases but I could be wrong?!

(Am I making sense?)

Point to this is that I know need a baking thingy with the cupcake holes in :)rofl: not very good with the lingo!) Where can I get one? Cheaply :D

Also got some decorations :D I just ordered a cupcake dec starter pack so it was basically 12 small bags of randomly chosen decs. Was a nice surprise for me this morning after a very bad night with LO :)

i use silicone deep muffin trays from asda bout £5, they look neater than she shallower ones i found :) x

I use muffin/cupcake cases, they are bigger than the usual bun cases you find in the supermarket.
I have a Wilton muffin tray but the silicone ones are good too, mine split from over use :lol:

i may have not read it properly LOL...but didnt u say youd be losing out on money doing your DD cake?? why would u want to charge your daughter for her own birthday cake?? :rofl: im confuzzled!!

u can just get tins from asda/tesco

and i use 50mm cases :)

oo i just ordered some jungle cupcake cases for jesses bday excited i need to get some green colouring though i think x

I use Morrisons Muffin cases although their cupcake cases are pretty good too though not as big obviously.

Am getting very anxious about Strawberry Tea Party now.......*and breathe*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->