Cake Making & Baking Group

i may have not read it properly LOL...but didnt u say youd be losing out on money doing your DD cake?? why would u want to charge your daughter for her own birthday cake?? :rofl: im confuzzled!!
Nooooooooooo My friends daughter!!, though I would charge Emily I think :rofl:
I don't have a 19 year old, even though I am :jo: :rofl:

I use Morrisons Muffin cases although their cupcake cases are pretty good too though not as big obviously.

Am getting very anxious about Strawberry Tea Party now.......*and breathe*
Oooh Oohh Oooh our Morrisons now has some cupcakey stuff in, my mum has just treated me to some animal print cases, verry pretty although smaller and some boxes.

What are you anxious about GF?

If people will come/If the cakes will turn out alright/If we make enough cakes/how i'm going to cope on the day (I have mental health problems that revolve around anxiety disorder)

*stressing*

I have the animal print and polka dot ones they are cute!
The boxes are sweet too and not bad prices either...

:rofl: jo...i knew i had probably read it wrong!! i would ask her if she was going to pay for the ingredients, if not...id send her out to buy it LOL n see if she still wants it after she realises how much she is going to have to pay!

forgot to show u girls!! you know sweetcakers?

found this under one of her photos:

Hi Andrea, You keep the fondant cakes in the fridge is the setting low? Mine get all sticky do you have any issues?

Sometimes they get a bit sweaty. I do keep the fridge on cold mark 2-3....but if it's a real muggy day it doesn't matter what I keep the fridge at!! They will sweat anyways!

Never knew you could put them in the fridge! being a bit daft (obviously!!), what do you do with them if the have sweat, just leave it to readjust to room temp?

yup, it will dry up in no time : ) I like to use the fridge because it helps to keep the cakes perfect till they leave my hands ; ) I know that the cakes will start to sag as they come up to room temp. So to avoid this, I keep them cool till pick up.

???? i never put mine in the fridge coz they go all 'sweaty'
so does this mean once the person has picked the cake up...and taken it to the venue that cake has gone all saggy??!!:wacko:

Oh hun :hugs:
Deep breathes, one step at a time and if it gets too much step away x

:rofl: jo...i knew i had probably read it wrong!! i would ask her if she was going to pay for the ingredients, if not...id send her out to buy it LOL n see if she still wants it after she realises how much she is going to have to pay!

forgot to show u girls!! you know sweetcakers?

found this under one of her photos:

Hi Andrea, You keep the fondant cakes in the fridge is the setting low? Mine get all sticky do you have any issues?

Sometimes they get a bit sweaty. I do keep the fridge on cold mark 2-3....but if it's a real muggy day it doesn't matter what I keep the fridge at!! They will sweat anyways!

Never knew you could put them in the fridge! being a bit daft (obviously!!), what do you do with them if the have sweat, just leave it to readjust to room temp?

yup, it will dry up in no time : ) I like to use the fridge because it helps to keep the cakes perfect till they leave my hands ; ) I know that the cakes will start to sag as they come up to room temp. So to avoid this, I keep them cool till pick up.

???? i never put mine in the fridge coz they go all 'sweaty'
so does this mean once the person has picked the cake up...and taken it to the venue that cake has gone all saggy??!!:wacko:

I don't think I can say that now LOL, I know I should but dunno how to approach it TBH:blush:

That is a bit odd about the temp thing isn't it? you want it to look good all the time and does that mean it will fall to pieces if in a warm function room? :wacko:

i put stuarts birthday cake in the fridge just cus i think they taste nicer cold, and it was more firm and cut nicely :/

i have the animal print cases too i love them, i wanna get some other bits and bobs though but iv bought so much crap this week that OH will probably hit me if i try buy anything else lol x

thats strange, especially when function rooms are mega hot the majority of the time!!!

I leave mine just lying out to air dry, if my kitchen is hot i stick a fan on directed at the cake, i dont want it changing after the customer takes it away!

I know mine are ok cos i seen pics of one of them at a party and the party girl was carrying the cake about tilted and it stayed put! :haha:

im making ones for jesses birthday instead of buying loadsa mini rolls and stuff,

im doing chocolate, lemon and vanilla ones for adults and then the jungle ones which are either gunna be rainbow cakes or just vanilla with bright frosting and maybe little animal icing toppers iv seen but dunno yet :)

ey next year i might be good enough to do his cake myself lol! x

just realised im gunna be up all night though cus iv got my friends LOs first birthday on the saturday afternoon so ill have to do it at night before party, god my boot is gunna be full of cake on the way to my mums haha,

nutty am havng nightmares of driving back to my mums with the birthday cake and stuart slammin on and the cake dying :cry: lol!

LMAO booth i always recommend someone to nurse the cake in the car :rofl: i dont like it being shoved on a seat or in the boot, i prefer people to hold them. if im transporting one anywhere i hold it up away from my knee a little and use my arms as suspension :rofl: needless to say my arm are like wiggly noodles by the time i get to where im going LOL

as for the cake in the fridge boothh...i meant a whole finished fondant covered one...with all the models deco's on them etc, they can start to droop n go sticky in the fridge xx

andrea, yeah i know what u mean, so why would she want to put them in the fridge and them become saggy once they have left her?? why doesnt she just leave them at room temp!?

no idea! But yeah i always advise on someone to come and hold the cake in the car too!!

yeah i will be holdin it in the car haha, but god im not carryin it if i drop it ill actually cry!! ill get stuart to carry it, give it me in the car then come and get it off me before i get out lmao and ill make him drive 10mph the whole way home lmao! xxx

LOL ive only ever had ONE person drop a cake....and that was because of ice n snow LOL...luckily it survived, and i only had to fix a teddy on the top!

falling with the cake is number 1 topic of conversation as soon as they pick the cake up LOL

i can imagine im scared already and its 3weeks away!! what cake are you making for abbi? xx

LOL

well im only doing Abbi a simple one...i try to make ones a little more elaborate with the kids cakes as i know i have no budget!! but i havent really got the time to do a nicer one for Abbi so shes having a cookie monster.

in an ideal situation i was thinking about doing a cupcake and wonky cake one sweetcakers inspired, or a baby cookie monster with a nappy on :)

BUT im limited with time so just doing a two tier pink cake with baby cookie monster on top n some cookies.

(shes gets mega excited when my mums biscuit tin comes out) :rofl:

Woohoo they look good :D just hope the topping stays in shape and does not run, dont think it will though as its firm :D they are only normal size fairy cakes though, did not think to get muffin cases but I am pleased with them! .... not as good as some of the ones on here cos its not a 1m nozzle but ok for my 1st attempt!! I will post pics later x

LOL ive only ever had ONE person drop a cake....and that was because of ice n snow LOL...luckily it survived, and i only had to fix a teddy on the top!

falling with the cake is number 1 topic of conversation as soon as they pick the cake up LOL

I once opened one of our kitchen cupboards and a tin of beans fell out on to a wedding cake i was decorating, i could of cried. It put the deepest half moon tin mark in the icing ive even seen and it was the night before the wedding. luckily i managed to fill it in with royal icing, cover it with a bow and the bride and groom didnt notice. Talk about a huge sigh of relief!! eeeek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->