Cake Making & Baking Group

Whats everyone upto then? I'm going to attempt my buttercream again today, bought some sugarflair colouring this time so hopefully that'll work a little better :) Then not doing the cupcakes until the weekend :( :( So far away! Might make some mid week though as a family treat and extra practice :)

im just going to make a banana and choc chip loaf as i have some bananas that are getting a bit ripe, and i dont like to eat them when their like that

i just got a big box delivered from cake craft company :happydance: but, the six inch cake tin i ordered is all battered, so not completely round :cry: Now I have difficulty enough keeping my cakes looking round once iced, without starting off with a wonky one! Do you think I should complain and send it back?

i also got, tonnes of different colour sugar paste, some alphabet and number cutters, butterfly cutters, cake boards, new cupcake baking tray.......I think that is it!

Now i just need some inspiration - I am doing a cake for a joint 1st birthday party. I want to try a two tier one (as i haven't done one before and if itgoes horrendously wrong, then I am not getting paid for the cake so it doesn't matter too much) It is for a mixture of boys and girls, so I didn't know whether to do one tier girly (maybe pink with butterflies) and one tier boyish (maybe blue with teddies) but would these clash horribly?!?

Otherwise I need somethign gender neutral.............any ideas

Tsia - your giant cupcake came out really well - great job!

I'd complain, like you said you didnt pay for a wonky cake! You never know they may just send you a new one! :D

xx

oh no ive just ordered a 6" cake tin from craft company, hope mine is ok as i need it for a wedding cake in a few weeks.

oh no ive just ordered a 6" cake tin from craft company, hope mine is ok as i need it for a wedding cake in a few weeks.

mine was from cakecraftworld - so I am suer you will be fine :thumbup:

fab cupcakes and cakes girlies.

Its pay day for me wednesday so have already written out my order for craft company.
I have a bunch of new ideas for cupcakes that i plan on making...i also plan on finally launching my facebook page...once the OH designs the logo for it

so glad i am off work to have the time to do this.
xx

today's mars bar cupcakes. I think this could be the definition of hell, I started a diet today, but made these for OH to take to work tomorrow!

Attachments

• 38620_407113896861_581926861_5190186_4990851_s.jpg
    38620_407113896861_581926861_5190186_4990851_s.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 81
Right Girls…Can you check my order before I pay fpr my cakie order..

6 Girlie Cupcakes for a friend’s Birthday…Going to be Vanilla sponge 3 with a pink strawberry butter cream and a little strawberry on top (need to make the strawberries-eeek) and 3 with white butter cream with a flake and sprinkles on.
- Pink Cases – ON LIST
- Pink Dye
- Red Fondant
- Green Fondant
- Flakes
- Sprinkles – ON LIST
- Box - – ON LIST
- Ribbon – Pink – ON LIST

20 Cupcakes for Baby Shower – got 12 toppers to go on a pale blue butter cream – anyone got any ideas for the other 8?
- Toppers
- Blue Spotted Cases – ON LIST
- Blue Dye
- Box – ON LIST
- Blue Ribbon – ON LIST
-
Accordion Cake
- Red Fondant – ON LIST
- White Fondant
- Black Fondant
- Silver Glitter Pen (Icing) –HELP?
- Cake board – ON LIST
- Cake Box – ON LIST
- Red Ribbon – ON LIST
-
Disposable Icing Bags – ON LIST

shiv...it wont let me make the picture bigger...but they look yummy!!!! mmmmmmmm

georgie...what exactly do u want us to check? :shrug:

well it was manic yesterday...my brothers girlfriend wanted me 2 make my bro a cake i told her i was too busy so she said it doesnt matter if its before or after his birthday....just whenever u can fit it in.
i had a look at my notice board n thought...i have NO time to fit a cake in....apart from yesterday!! so i start baking at 1pm and managed to bake and decorate his cake in one day!! :rofl:
its nowhere near perfect and i would have liked to make an extra cake to get it to look better but i just didnt have the time! its not his birthday till the 7th of august, but hes going to have to have it now coz august is chocka-block!

note to self....dont attempt it again in one day
note to self 2: dont ice the cake in morrisons frosting...just because its there and u didnt have time to make buttercream :haha:

morrisons vanilla buttercream is rank!! haha!

what cake did you make him? is it the horror brother?! :D

LOL luckily i dont have to eat it!! and he doesnt like buttercream...but likes frosting so thats what he got LOL its too sloppy to coat with, but i didnt really have a choice LOL

:rofl: no its not the horror brother...the horror brothers birthday is 28th of october....right near halloween which is why he nearly always gets a scary cake LOL
this is for the older brother who LOVES my blackforest cupcakes n LOVES those glace' cherries (i like them too but i dont buy a tub just to eat them like sweets! :rofl:)

the cake is a bit of a mess really....id have loved to have baked an extra cake n spend more time on it but its either a slightly knackered cake in his favourite flavour....or no cake at all :rofl:

ideas for what? sorry i might sound dumb but i dont know what your asking :rofl:

Right Girls…Can you check my order before I pay fpr my cakie order..

6 Girlie Cupcakes for a friend’s Birthday…Going to be Vanilla sponge 3 with a pink strawberry butter cream and a little strawberry on top (need to make the strawberries-eeek) and 3 with white butter cream with a flake and sprinkles on.
- Pink Cases – ON LIST
- Pink Dye
- Red Fondant
- Green Fondant
- Flakes
- Sprinkles – ON LIST
- Box - – ON LIST
- Ribbon – Pink – ON LIST

20 Cupcakes for Baby Shower – got 12 toppers to go on a pale blue butter cream – anyone got any ideas for the other 8?
- Toppers
- Blue Spotted Cases – ON LIST
- Blue Dye
- Box – ON LIST
- Blue Ribbon – ON LIST
-
Accordion Cake
- Red Fondant – ON LIST
- White Fondant
- Black Fondant
- Silver Glitter Pen (Icing) –HELP?
- Cake board – ON LIST
- Cake Box – ON LIST
- Red Ribbon – ON LIST
-
Disposable Icing Bags – ON LIST

I should really explain myself properly :rofl:
plus how can I make strawberries!
xx

what are the toppers u already have?
and to make strawberries, just roll a ball n start to make a strawberry shape LOL thats not much help but i dont know how to explain it LOL

Georgie - Here's a little how too on the strawberry front.
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3307/3226111027_ba99b43644.jpg

I'm pooping it as I've got orders coming in left right and centre. It's all my OH's fault as he says yes to people without checking with me 1st. I'm going to kill him. I've got to make a fairy toadstool, Ben 10 and formula 1 cake in a week, 2 of them being due on the same day. I can't see me getting much sleep. He seems to forget that I work!

I've got 24 LFC themed cupcakes for a friends, friends little boy's 10th on Friday and 25 grown up girly chocolate and vanilla ones (I get free rein, yippee!) for the same day. I'm stressing a bit as I'm not used to this!

How do you ladies who get frequent orders cope and organise yourselves?????

Ooo forgot to say that I bought a 4 tier cuppie stand from ebay and it's great! I'm really impressed. I was looking for one and they all seemed to be in the £100 area which I thought was ridiculous. I got a new one from ebay for £35 and it is fab and arrived in 3 days!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MONOCHROME-4...Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ&hash=item2eac6e7dc2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->