Cake Making & Baking Group

Yes hun my names Kerry and i don't have you on my facebook i don't think...?

Yes hun my names Kerry and i don't have you on my facebook i don't think...?
:blush: I'm so sorry I think I have you mixed up with pinkmummy( I hope she is kelly now :lol:)
I bought stuff from both of you and she put a thing on FB saying she couldn't post because of the rain, hence my PM to you.
Because of the time scale I got mixed up :dohh:

Anyway you have still been busy and they look fab :)

I did think 'Ooh did i mention something about rain?' Am so tired i got confused:haha::thumbup:

Glitter how do you make your choc buttercreamy stuff? It looks soooooooo yummy! All the cakes look brilliant :D

BC's choccy fudge is the biz!! yum yum yum!

Kerry they look amazing! Do i have you on my FB?

I have a pink girly cupcake tower this weekend and that dreaded drama/dance cake!

I am waiting on an order coming and if it doesnt arrive by Friday I am well and truely fooked!!! :haha:

wow glitterfairy YOU HAVE been busy!!!

oh that betty crocks choc is to die for..
I done some today with my new 1m wilton nozzle!!!! its the bees knees!!

.. pics as follows with the new nozzle. I did some cream pink girly ones for fiends party on saturday. Will they keep til saturday in the cupcake box in the fridge? or will I have to do some more?
I am still cheating by the way.. buying plain fairy cakes from sainsburys.. 12 for a quid! lol
Iaint that confident to make my own cupcake sponge bases yet.. though I pulled off a mighty fine giant cupcake the other day (thats still in the fridge) I need more friends to give these too after practicing cos I cant eat them I HAVE A GASTRIC BAND! lol

Although my FAT BRAIN soooooo wants to eat every last crumb!! haha
the choc ones are for OH to scoff :)

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0763.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0764.jpg

..and my ones with fudge pieces and two chocolate buttons.. YUM YUM!!

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0765.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0766.jpg

god I have put on weight since finding this thread!! I will have to get my band tightened at this rate!

aww they look so good tsia! i have those wafer daisies in my cupboard, the middle bits of mine are all squint so i dont want to use them!

i want a gastric band!!!!!!!

i was thinking of cheating for jesses party and just cing aload of plain sponge cakes, thing is i have friends LOs first birthday party on the saturday afternoon, then ill be running around like a headless chicken sunday morning picking up birthday cake and getting party ready i dont think im gunna have time to bake 60+ cakes and ice i thnk i could just manage the icing sat night but i dont have the patience to mak them all too! lazyy hahah x

I NEED a gastric band! I've whopped on so much weight since having Amelia and all my will power left as soon as she popped out!

Ugh!!! I'm trying to make little footballs for the top of some LFC themed cuppies for Friday and I am struggling. Wish I'd just given in and bought some. So far I have cut out white gumpaste discs, traced a football pattern from my laptop screen, marked it onto each disc (had to resize etc, total mare!) and now I just have to colour it in with my black edible pen. I'm putting off the last stage as I'm stressing over it not working.

On a happier note I've made my toppers for the girly cuppies for Sat and they're not too rubbish!

Wowzers GlitterF just one or two cuppies eh?! They all look scrummy!

aww they look so good tsia! i have those wafer daisies in my cupboard, the middle bits of mine are all squint so i dont want to use them!

i want a gastric band!!!!!!!

One of them is cock eyed.. I was gonna cover it with a swirly bit of writing icing.. but then I would have to do the other two also. lol
you could always put a jelly tot in it to cover them up when you use them i suppose.. :kiss:

Well…my attempt at making strawberries is well and truly over!
Nightmare!

I think I will put real strawberries on them!
Although they will probably be too bulky :(

Trip to Morrisons Saturday – is it worth it?

x

why what happened? making fondant strawberries looks fairly easy to me.. then again I havent tried it yet. lol

then again I have done things like mini oranges and that on salt dough models.. I dont suppose they would be much different :shrug:

Tsia! Your fab at modelling though! I’m not haha! They looked stupid…it’s the leafy bit I couldn’t do…then again I was doing it with fondant! Trip to the cake shop on Saturdays in order I think xx

Do any of you girls ever thing you may have just bitten off more than you can chew?
I don't just mean eating the cakes :rofl:

I have just committed myself to
50 boys birthday cupcakes for 1st Sept
18 cupcakes + 12 fairy cakes for a christening 29th August
1 Birthday cake (eeek I don't do cakes well, but is freebie for friend) 14th August

Now this in itself doesn't sound bad does it? I've done more than this in a week but the problem I now have is I am away 29th-31st Augs for a wedding and on the hen night/day on 14th!!!!

I am going to have to plan this carefully I think :wacko:

The cake is not too bad I can work on that in the week leading to 14th and she can get it a day early.
The christening ones can be ready for the day before.

The boys birthday ones I was thinking baking the day before we go (28th) then icing them the day we get back (31st) so they are ready to pick up on 1st

what do you think? as long as they are in airtight containers, they seem to keep really well even after icing but I wouldn't do that.

I don't want to see another cupcake for awhile...but i have some to make for friends that are staying with us Monday.....Nooooooooo

Well I had a go at colouring white fondant today and i'm quite impressed with myself! Its fab - opened up a whole new world!! Just making my little decorations for saturdays cupcakes today, then baking them tomorrow!

Georgie > I had a go at making a strawberry as I had some red left over. It is hard! But I ended up kinda squashing it and making it flatter rather than a 3D one iykwim!? Why dont you do the green leaf bit with green buttercream and nozzle?? Good luck hun X

Jo> My you have you're work cut out! Good Luck x

hi girls...had a few pages to catch up on, but i read them this morning n kinda forgot what u all said! LOL i remember looking at lots of yummy cupcakes though!!

jo, im sure youll do them just fine!! xx and u dont need to worry about doing a cake....u do them just fine! :hugs:

ive just finished another cake....nothing exciting just a football shirt (again! LOL)

my bro rang me this morning...he said he cut his cake...give a small piece to his girlfriend and ate the ENTIRE thing to himself!!! yes...the WHOLE thing in one go!!
i havent posted in here yet i dont think...but youve probably seen it on my facebook.
my big blackforest cupcake.
he went out n bought some double cream, ate the whole top layer of choc cake with the cream, then ate the entire bottom half (which by the way contained half a can of dark cherries in syrup!) all the cake, all the icing, and EVEN ate the fondant cherries that decorated the board :rofl: i knew he liked blackforest but didnt expect him to eat it all...to himself,...and in one go!!
he said he felt well sick after LOL he said he was laid on the couch recuperating!! the greedy bugger!!

Hi all!

I really want to buy the same nozzle that you all use! I think I read that you all had them from craft company?

Could you just tell me what to ask for if I email them?

Also what piping bags do you all use?

Cheers x

p.s all your cakes r making me megga hungry!

The nozzle you need is the wilton 1M, i just use the blue disposable bags or if im just piping a little i make one from greaseproof paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->