Cake Making & Baking Group

Hi all!

I really want to buy the same nozzle that you all use! I think I read that you all had them from craft company?

Could you just tell me what to ask for if I email them?

Also what piping bags do you all use?

Cheers x

p.s all your cakes r making me megga hungry!

You can also buy them separately from sugarshack.com for £1.99. I ordered from there and delivery arrived the next day x

i just went on sugarshack.com and its a website about a stripclub LOL

Well my cake is cooked and ready to be iced in the morning before my friend comes to pick it up :thumbup: Will post piccies once I've completed it xx

Table of goodies

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P7282148.jpg

:rofl: Think Suzanne has accidentally slipped up on her 'other' hobby! :haha:

Its sugarshack.co.uk :) Not com! :p

:dohh: i nearly spat my drink out,i was there expecting some pink girly site instead i get a big warning are you over 18 sign lmao!

hahaha... lmao @sugarshack.. different types of nozzles on there I'm sure! lol

OK I hope someone can advise me.. i have bought 4 slabs of genoa cake.. going to standthem together and ice them as one whole cake for mylos christening cake.. got board, got cakes got decore..
best before is october.. no probs there.. but is that AFTER I open the packs they are in? will they last if I decorate and then ice straight away with ready rolled regal ice?
i have cupcakes and a giant cupcake to do the day before.. other stuff a few days before.. is a week before ok?
when would you do it? christening is in two weeks. Could I do it now? would it keep?

please please someone answer me this time.. third time lucky. lol

hahaha... lmao @sugarshack.. different types of nozzles on there I'm sure! lol

OK I hope someone can advise me.. i have bought 4 slabs of genoa cake.. going to standthem together and ice them as one whole cake for mylos christening cake.. got board, got cakes got decore..
best before is october.. no probs there.. but is that AFTER I open the packs they are in? will they last if I decorate and then ice straight away with ready rolled regal ice?
i have cupcakes and a giant cupcake to do the day before.. other stuff a few days before.. is a week before ok?
when would you do it? christening is in two weeks. Could I do it now? would it keep?

please please someone answer me this time.. third time lucky. lol

Is it like a fruit cake? Sorry never tried it so no idea, but I would have though a week would be OK if in an airtight container? Obviously I imagine the closer to the event the better of course! x

QUESTION: I am going to attempt to make a teddy model for the top of a cake. Can I make it out of normal sugar paste? Do I need to add gum trag? (I assume thats what its for? Or should I really get some modelling/mexican paste?

:flower:

:rofl: Think Suzanne has accidentally slipped up on her 'other' hobby! :haha:

Its sugarshack.co.uk :) Not com! :p

:dohh: i nearly spat my drink out,i was there expecting some pink girly site instead i get a big warning are you over 18 sign lmao!

:rofl: :rofl: Good job I never recommended it to the MIL :blush: :haha:

dont my bladder isnt what it used to be :rofl:

Does anyone else get a sore throat and headache after making buttercream??? All that icing sugar floating about seems to really get to me.

Tsia - I would imagine the cake would dry out once opened but the icing might prevent that from happening? When do you need to do it? You could buy one genoa cake, ice it then leave it for a week & see what happens! Depends if you have time x

Tsia - I would imagine the cake would dry out once opened but the icing might prevent that from happening? When do you need to do it? You could buy one genoa cake, ice it then leave it for a week & see what happens! Depends if you have time x

hey thats a good idea. gonna do that tonight then. i have a spare slab.. lol :thumbup:

QUESTION: I am going to attempt to make a teddy model for the top of a cake. Can I make it out of normal sugar paste? Do I need to add gum trag? (I assume thats what its for? Or should I really get some modelling/mexican paste?

:flower:

Not sure if i can help but when i use fondant i add it...but i not sure about using sugar paste...i think the main purpose of that is to model it...so you should be ok.
x

Table of goodies

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P7282148.jpg

Look amazing...what cupcake flavours did you make?

I am making some new flavours the weekend from a book my friend gave...sticky toffee, black forest and ginger x

Cupcakes were Mars Bar Melts/Chocolate/Chocolate Fudge and vanilla.Then we had scones/Coffee Cake/Victoria Sponge and lemon loaf!

My Dad loves ginger...let me know what they are like xxx

Look what i got!

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/kezzybabes/P7302195.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back