Cake Making & Baking Group

theyre great jo.. loving the two tone icing.. I cant do that yet, try as i might! what is it your not happy about with them??

heres my banana choc cupcakes piccies I promised..>>

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0972.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/Image0970.jpg

i made 12 (2 boxes) to take to my dads friends party I apparently am going to! I only found out this morning!
any excuse to bake! lol
They look lovely, I'mnot a banana fan but would give them a taste :lol:

I think becaus emy hand is the way it is I don't have full control over the icing bag and I can just see mistakes here and there, if you look close you can see some sponge on a couple of them and a couple I went over with :wacko:

Wow!!! Jo they look amazing, the icing looks fab!!! I dont have a clue how you would do that!
and tsia (do you have a name?) they look yummy an i dont even like banana!! :)
yum yum ladies :)
I will post pics of my carrot cakes soon :)

Thank you
The two tone is really easy when you get the hang of it, spread a layer of one colour around the inside of the icing bag and then add your other colour in the middle
https://www.wilton.com/decorating/icing/coloring-icing.cfm xx

Awwww brill! Will have to try that!! :) Gives me a reason to practise this silly giant cupcake again!! xx

ok i need some help - on the back on one of my packs of icing it tells you how you can make modelling paste out of it, yet it involves using the whole pack an 2 tblspoons water - now should i use it all, and if so can i store it? as i dont need it all at the in, and how do i store it?
or would you just make a bit say 250g an 1tbspoon water? xx

yeah just half the ingredients.. it will be the same consistency. I store mine in freezer bags.. the ones that have the zip seal at the top. Otherwise modelling sugarpaste will harden. x

so you store it in a freezer bag? like in a cupboard or in the fridge lol xx

just in the cupboard. If its in the fridge, then when you come to use it .. it can be a little hard.. plus you might make it wetter in the fridge with the condensation droplets that form on it when you take it out. modelling with it then would be a nightmare I imagine..
icing keeps supringly for a long while than I ever thought.. like two months I have kept it before and its fine.

those banana cupcakes look sooooooo good. i wish u could just pack them up and send me 1 hahaha

Can i come toooo - jus looked an the train from Wigan takes an hour n half :) xx

Hun, its in Birmingham NEC, i'm pretty sure it wont be 1/2 on train :kiss: its about 2 1/2 from Newton! And about £36 return xx

How about a 'BnB NEC Cake Meet' ??

Suzanne, you getting the train??

Jo, the fact that you've made fab cakes with one hand!! They're brill!

And, Tsia those banana cakes look NOM NOM NOM!!

I'm making a boobie cake today! :haha: OH was laughing at me as i was smoothing the fondant and looked like i was caressing a pair of boobies! Pics later, hopefully :)

Hiya i looked cassandra an there is a train from wigan direct to Birmingham new st - then you change there to biringham international an tht takes 15 mins :)
and it costs 33 quid in advance for me but prob cheaper if i use my railcard :)
Im well up for that! :) will get the parents to watch Kaitlyn :)
what day was you thinking the fri,sat or sun?
xx

And Jo i couldnt do anything that good with both hands - nevermind just one!!! They look sooooo yummy!! xx

Hiya i looked cassandra an there is a train from wigan direct to Birmingham new st - then you change there to biringham international an tht takes 15 mins :)
and it costs 33 quid in advance for me but prob cheaper if i use my railcard :)
Im well up for that! :) will get the parents to watch Kaitlyn :)
what day was you thinking the fri,sat or sun?
xx

Wow, thats well fast!! Might get my OH drop me off at Wigan and catch train with you? If I go it'll probs be the sat?? xx

PS heres todays boobie cake - the heart on the boob is meant to be a tattoo, just need to add a white scrol thingy with 'Dirty Thirty' written in it!

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs297.snc4/41183_441465922224_516032224_4657652_1172084_n.jpg

Oh I sooooo want to go!

Cass are u taking Livvy or leaving her with David? He could have Lola too - she's as good as gold honest :rofl:

:rofl: Daddy Day Care ! lol

Probably get David to have her :) What day are we going??? I would have though Sat would be good or Friday, dont really wanna go on the sunday x

hiya i can do fri or sat - wudnt really wana go on the sun tbh - and im all excited now hehehe!! xx

and wow cassandra thats really cool! wouldnt have a clue where to start! your detail is amazing! hehehe x

Jo - if your about - re the thread in the rant page i was refering to someone on fb, i didnt mean it as everyone xx
really sorry :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->