Cake Making & Baking Group

oooh an back to them ball things, so do i jus roll bits of icing in my hand to form circles? and how do they stick down? also when people are putting these on ---> https://bayshorecakes.com/images/wimsicle%20bright.JPG
how do you stick the stars/circles/stripes that are flat against the cake? xx

OK heres my FIL cake, its not perfect and it was so bloody hard doing the bottle I could have smashed it in a few times but i'm pleased with the end result and i know he'll love it so i'm happy!

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs420.snc4/46307_440870642224_516032224_4645195_5632698_n.jpg

WOW!!!! thats amazing!! what is the bottle made from?! thats brilliant!!! :)
and what is glaze? xx

Thanks hun, its made from sponge but I ring layered them rather than one piece - but if I ever do one of these again (it'll take a lot of persuading) I think i'd do it in one.

This is how it started out;

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs396.snc4/45913_440874207224_516032224_4645332_6253998_n.jpg

And had jam and buttercream inbetween layers - held in place with a few cocktail sticks :lol:

Oh and glaze makes things shiney without it going tacky! Confectionary glaze :)

ahh cool is it like the glaze u make with icing sugar and water?
and wow that is so impressive! how did you cover it an keep it all together thats amazing!! well done you x xx

Alot of swearing :rofl:

Heres a few of my others that I've learnt to do, with a lot of help from this group!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=129453047082580&v=wall

THATS BRILL CASSANDRA.. BET YORU DAD WILL BE MEGA IMPRESSED.
like your others too!
I have just mastered cupcakes.. trying to master big cakes next! :thumbup:

i really wana practice decorating, but running out of people to give cakes too!! :(

meee threeeee! great cakes on the group.

haha i'm the same D.. my three dogs like cake. oh is sick of it now he says. lol

Just finished giant cupcake and 24 cupcakes for friends christening, I have found in the past that doing them a few days before is best. would have done them last week if I could!
waiting for alphabet cutters to come (hopefully tomorrow) to finish it off.. then I will post pics.. promise. x :)

cant wait to see tsia!!

gotta make some cuppies this weekend friend back from the army and insists he has cakes waiting :haha: its like his little treat when hes back :)

i dont understand tsia - do u mean make them a week before hand? wouldnt it go stale? and how long do you cook your giant cupcake for an on what temp? xx

girls have any of you got the primrose bakery cupcake book? i was eyeing it up today and it looks FAB. Some of the recipes look so nommy.

i dont understand tsia - do u mean make them a week before hand? wouldnt it go stale? and how long do you cook your giant cupcake for an on what temp? xx

meaning I would have made it a week before if I could get away with it not going .. errr.. wangy! lol
I cook mine on 150 for 25 mins. the bottom takes longer than the top half so I take the top half out at 20 mins.. but be careful, any sooner the bottom one will sink and concave in the middle. lol
I have a HOT oven.. I think the norm should be about 170-180 but my oven is viscious! I completely wrecked the first attempt I ever did.

I enjoy making them now.. I couldnt wait.. so done it today, finishing it toff tomorrow.. taking to friend on saturday. Christening on sunday.

Mylos christening cake was made on the thursday and I was still eating slices the tuesday after.. thats 5 days old giant cupcak.. and it was ok. I think the icing on top preserves it a little better cos the top bit was more moist,, the bottom was a little dried out by then. But went down a treat and was find on the day of the christening when it was 3 days old.

I have done 24 cupcakes to match..

a 'new home' cake in the shape of a rather dodgy looking house,

AND a Birthday cake for a fellow B&B Gal whos baby is one.

THERES NO ROOM LEFT IN MY FRIDGE!! :hissy:
lol

Delivering them all saturday.. B'day cake 30 miles away on my way to london, new home cake in watford to sis which is 100miles. and giant cupcake and small cupcakes same town.
Hope they all survive the journey. I am gonna drive dead slow down that A1!!
the two hour journey will take me three!! Just hope its not too hot and they dont melt either!

haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"