Cake Making & Baking Group

Ladies I need some help/advice please :) even though I've not been here for a while :blush:

I have to do 140 cupcakes for my brothers wedding on Saturday. There's just me doing it so when should i start them? They're all going to be buttercreamed with just silver edible balls on so nothing too major. Although I have to do different flavours :dohh:

I was thinking late this afternoon cos they have to be taken down to the venue Friday night so they can set them up, I just don't want the buns going hard?!

All help appreciated :) :hugs:

Il'd leave it till tomorrow if you possibly can hun, although 140 is a lot to do so understand that you want to get started xx

Hi Ladies,

Not been in here for a few days and had a few pages to catch up on there!

Danielle/Tsia/Georgie - Crackin cakes! They're brill!

Pink - Oh no!! Another hand-cake injury!! Hope you get well - speaking of which, hows Jo???

XX

Cass - did you see my message on your cupcake pic? Wondering how you got that peachy colour? I'm off to the cake shop today :)

Ive just seen it now, it was a pink food colouring for buttercream from windsor...meant to be pink but i only put 1-2 drops in and the butter was really yellow so just kinda mixed well :)

I need a trip there this week too :) xx

Squidge i would bake them all the day before if you can, that way they are as fresh as possible

i did 36 cupcake 3 days before and i thought they were a little dry but people loved them. I added some oil to the cake mix to keep the moisture as much as possible.. i was travelling 100 miles to deliver them the day befor so thats why.
maybe add some oil to the mix if you start them on the thursday?

Oh no Pink, I hope it gets better soon :hugs:

Squidge they'll be fine a few days in advance if kept in airtight containers

Cassandra thank you for asking about me, I'm doing good thank you, pins come out next week :happydance:

I was at a wedding on monday and they had cupcakes
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5319622&l=1468ae9df8&id=604441533

Pretty cupcakes Jo :)

Everything at my wedding is going to be cupcake themed.....even my dress LOL

OMG Glitter.. I can just imagine! lol

I'm so indecisive.....help please :D

I'm making mars bar cupcakes today (thanks to Glitter for the recipe!) but can't decide whether to do choc or vanilla sponge???

Vanilla :) it might be a bit chocolaty otherwise :) but that jus my preference, cos im not a choc fan! :)
and oh my word do any of you watch 'CAKE BOSS' on discovory realtime!? He is amazing!!!! xx

Hello ladies!

I havent posted in awhile but ive been keeping nosey and looking at all your yummy,wonderful creations!! :thumbup: :happydance:

I cant remember which cake i posted last so im just gonna post my facebook page lol :blush::haha:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...f=nf#!/album.php?aid=18677&id=116406825041999
Hope youre all well and the injured cakers are on the mend!!! xxx :flower:

Oh also I'll add the amazing wedding cake from my cousin in laws wedding lol xxx

Attachments

• Cake 2.jpg
    Cake 2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 18
Oh blimmin eck - for some reason the bits of Mars bar have sunk to the bottom and you can't even taste them :dohh: why????!!

My first go at baking for ages & they've gone wrong lol.

Well, they still taste good - just plain vanilla. They'll have to do! My mum & dad have took LO out especially!

They sunk? Did u push them into the mixture once the mixture was in the cases?
Never had that problem with Mars Bars before but have with rolos LOL

I just placed them on top but they did squelch into the mixture! Anyway, they taste nice apart from a layer of mars bar stuck to the bottom of the case!!

Good job its only my sister! I still think she'll like them.

I'm pleased with the appearance - will post pics later :D

Here's my cupcakes :D

https://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy319/suzanne108/CIMG6649.jpg
https://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy319/suzanne108/CIMG6650.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member