Cake Making & Baking Group

God my head is all over :dohh:
Cassandra that cake is ace!!!

Georgie, why are you stopping with baking?

hey yeah i did the stars on wires myself got the wires in the cake shop and just did the stars a bit thicker and ran the wire down through the middle... chocolate was still a nightmare is very very soft!!

Strawberry you cake looks great! You're putting me off trying out chocolate fondant though. I have enough issues with regular fondant going soft on me. Does it taste really good and worth all the hassle?

wow girls just had to catch up with 4 pages. lol

soome great cakes out there well done you lot!!

I am planning halloween cupcakes for a party and door knockers treats! lol

Got some funky sweets to go on the top!

got too many though lol
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170549825356&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

by the way, youre alll gonne lynch me.. yesterday and today I made my best cake ever!! in a silicone loaf tin.. in chocolate.. 6 mins in the microwave!!!! it was perfect and not one bit too crispy.. all just soft sponge! :blush:
Microwave cake rocks!

Strawberry you cake looks great! You're putting me off trying out chocolate fondant though. I have enough issues with regular fondant going soft on me. Does it taste really good and worth all the hassle?

it does taste great although very sickly wen you have chocolate spong and buttercream inside lol!! place i got it from was a cake shop in a town near me but i recieved my parcel today from cake stuff.com and the chocolate stuff they sent me is a little harder so i dunno maybe its worth a try!

Ok, I have a few more questions...

Do you all use a cake leveller,are they good?

Do I need some edible glue to stick fondant stars onto fondant?

When using wires...does the wire need to be pushed right into the cake or will it be ok just pushed into a ball of fondant round the back of the cake? I don't really want wires coming out of the cake so thought if they were placed just behind,but would it work?

Oh also...I need a 1M piping nozzle but don't need all the otheres that come in that wilton set you all rave about..does anywhere sell the 1m nozzle on its own? I'm sure I read on here a while ago that they were being sold seperately but a search isn't helping me!

Whats everyone baking today? xx

i use a cake leveler and i love it i do all my cakes as 3 layers, so 3 layers of sponge and the cake leveler means i can cut all the sponges the same size.

Yes you would use edible glue to stick your stars on.

If you email the craft company they sell the wilton 1m nozzle seperate its just not listed on their website

x

I use a cake leveller, its basically a tight wire that you level your cakes off with. I use it all the time :)

You can buy edible glue but water can work just as well - if you were modelling etc i'd say buy glue as its stronger but for decorations water will work just fine. Dont put too much on, just enough to make it sticky.

Never used the wires, but you can put them either in or around the cake.

Craft Company sell the 1M nozzle, just email them.

https://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/shop/2/81/711/index.htm

I used this site for my Wilton 1M and I've used them a lot since buying it. They've been really good and quick.

I've not used a cake leveller before but may do now since hearing they're worth it!

ive never used a cake leveller and my cakes seem fine for a minute!! just a steady hand and sharp knive!! lol maybe i should invest in one hey??!!

the abov said website is really good fast delivery.. im not ordering from cake-stuff again because i placed an order on the 25th september paid highest postage and it arrived today!!!!! they tried to deliver LAST monday didnt even knock on the door just shoved a thing through the post and i rang it and they said would deliver the next day and they didt! so their courier for me was pretty pants!!

Instead of edible glue egg white mixed with a little bit of icing sugar works well xxx

Mad chocolate orange cuppies a different way tonight made choc sponge with orange runny icing and a chocolate heart

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 8
oooh they look gorgeous, I may just have to pinch that idea :lol:

mmmm like teh runny icing idea.. may use that in orange colour or black.. for my halloween cuppies. :thumbup:

Christening cake - my first one, not keen on my teddy, proportions look out :s

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs410.ash2/68862_460831877224_516032224_5038724_1599562_n.jpg

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs410.ash2/68862_460831872224_516032224_5038723_4687171_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->