Cake Making & Baking Group

Cassandra that looks fab, nothing wrong with the teddy :)

:hi: Girls! not been on this thread in ages, sorry to barge in! I really want to make Double Choc Chip Muffins! Keep seeing them in a shop near me, and want to try it out! Do you have any recipes?
Need to keep the cakes moist as my chocolate always seems to be crumbly?
And what chocolate "drops" do you use, or can I put cadbury's in?

Thanks lots xxx

last time i done choc chip muffins was bloody ages ago!! lol but i use cadbury chopped up into chucks into them sometimes and they seem okay!! taste better then chocolate drops!!

depends how many you want to make and how big if your using big muffin cases and making 12 i would use

8oz of marg
8oz of caster sugar
4 eggs
6oz of self raising flour and 2 oz of coco powder
chocolate chunks.. however many you like!!
if the mixture is a little stiff i add a teaspoon of milk and see if that helps
check them at 15 minutes and keep them in for a little longer if still not cooked in the middle

White Choc and Milk Choc chips are lovely in Double Choc Chip Muffins.
I coat mine in a fine layer of flour before i add them to the mix so they don't all sink to the bottom!

Thanks girls, i searched online, but im used to weighing egss and using right, which your mix seems same ish. Online it was like 2oz of stuff and 10 of flour, just dnt seem right somehow! And yes muffin cases and making about 12 sounds looooovely! THanks girls x

:wave: hello girls, I've finally got the bug back :D

making a cake for my friends LOs 2nd bday in nov :eek: She wants one like this..

https://www.pinkcakebox.com/images/cake1443.jpg

eek!

Actually i think it'll be quite easy but the easier it looks, the harder it is :dohh:

That’s gorgeous blah!

It’s the little bows that would get me?!

Is anyone still going to the cake show? I don’t want to turn up alone!

xxx

Yeah I *might* be still going but think I may have to swap my days as ive got orders around that date and a sitter to rearrange :s

oh wow that cake is fab lovely and bright!! cant wait to see your version of it :D

Love the bright colours on that cake! How would the number 1 on the top be made? Is it just cutting a 1 out of fondant using a cookie cutter,glueing to a wire then leave it to dry out before sticking it in the cake? Do you need to double up on the 1? I mean like 2 no1's stuck together with the wire in the middle? I'm asking as I want to put a no1 ontop of Ethans Mickey cake. Oh and do you need to add anything to the fondant before cutting with a cutter to make it harder?

I have just placed an order with cakecraftshop (£35! eeekkkk) for various bits n bobs I need..is this one of the companys you ladies regulary use?

Ive been so quiet on here recently - pretty crap of me I know. But Ive been trying to get my shop launched and up and running.. And it now finallly is - yay

Honest opinions welcome. Ive been inundated since launch - which is great

www.scrumptiousness.co.uk

hiya girls, fab cakes! I need some advice, next month I'm making Serens birthday cake. Her birthday is on a saturday but I'm working the thursday and friday before so I'm planning on doing the sponge and covering with fondant on thurs evening and then decorating on the friday. I'm just wondering how yoy would store the fondant covered cakes? In the fridge or just at room temp? whenever I've made a cake in the past I've always made it on the day so I've never had to worry about storage before!

hiya girls, fab cakes! I need some advice, next month I'm making Serens birthday cake. Her birthday is on a saturday but I'm working the thursday and friday before so I'm planning on doing the sponge and covering with fondant on thurs evening and then decorating on the friday. I'm just wondering how yoy would store the fondant covered cakes? In the fridge or just at room temp? whenever I've made a cake in the past I've always made it on the day so I've never had to worry about storage before!

Fondant goes "sweaty" in the fridge , so I would just store it at room temp :flower:

Incase you girls want it I found a Cadbury's Recipe for Double Chocolate Chip Muffins! Turned out pretty nice actually!

chocolate chip muffins from cadburys cocoa tin

Ingredients

175g/6oz butter or marg
175g/6oz caster or demerara sugar
3 medium size eggs
250g/8oz self raising flour
50g/2oz cadbury cocoa
100g/4oz plain choc chips
1 teasp vanilla essence
1 teasp baking powder
150mls/1/4 pt milk

Preheat oven to 200c/400f
Line 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases

Blend butter and sugar together until pale and creamy
Add eggs one at a time beating well between each addition
Add vanilla essence
Sift flour,cocoa,baking powder and fold into mixture
Stir in the milk,add the chocolate chips and mix well

Divide mixture evenly between paper cases

Bake for approx 15 mins
Transfer to wire rack

store it at room temp, it will be fine under the fondant for 2 days hun.

I'm gonna cut the '2' out of flowerpaste i think :shrug:

Thanks hun, hey didn't last long with girls in work. I just ate my 2nd one of the day oo :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->