Cake Making & Baking Group

Lovely cuppies Laura, must have taken you forever with all the different colours! x

Thanks ladies.

Yeah it did so I decided for the time I would order another wilton 1m tip so I could have two bags on the go. Obviously not using them at the same time :haha: but it would make it easier than having to get the tip out wash it, dry it, put it in a new bag and go on.

Everyone who wants cupcakes doesnt just want one colour so it would save a load of time.

I made the malteaser ones yesterday and they were lovely.. I am on Slimming World so I really should of eaten them but I couldnt resist.

I am making some more on Tuesday. Then on 29th its Chloe and Jaycee's second birthday so I am making some for their little party indoors...

Here are a few I've finally managed to upload.

My 30th birthday cuppies for work;
https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/LisaGandAmelia/P1040550.jpg
https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/LisaGandAmelia/P1040552.jpg

A going to Ireland cake;
https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/LisaGandAmelia/P1040841.jpg

1st attempt at baby cupcakes. VERY VERY short notice so just had to use what I had in, not happy with them but hey ho;
https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/LisaGandAmelia/P1040853.jpg

Oh gorgeous! Put mine to shame for sure..
Where did you get those gorgeous flowers from???

They're really easy, I just used cutters and then messed about with them. I used the daisy/margarite cutter, cut a big one and a small one then cut the petals off the small one and glues them onto the big one and cut a hole out of the middle. Then I just piped some royal icing dots on. The others I just used either a former or the bone and/or ball tool to cup them etc.

yummy look scrummy laura! :thumbup:

Whoppy Pop! theyre brill!! well done you! they look really effective with all those different charatcers/flowers and stuff on x

Thanks ladies. Cassy I either used fondant with gum tragacanth mixed in, petal paste or a mix of fondant and petal paste.

ok I have a dilemma..

Calling all main cake makers!!

my partner is 40 in two weeks. EEK.. makes me feel old he does!

And hes a copper.. not last but the year before I got him a POLICE CAR cake (before I was into cake making) HE LOVED IT!!

Well now I wanna do him a special one and instead of a car again I was thinking of an exact replica of his Police Hat/Cap. AND DONE BY ME! :blush:

Would the cap shape (in avatar<<<<) be easy to carve from three round layers (or two)
or shal I just make a tall helmet shape??

Also how do I get BLACK rolled icing?
may just get the checkerboard band in ribbon.. would be much easier! lol

thanks girls!

Hmmm I think it would be easy enough to carve but covering that shape would be hard. You'd probably have to cover the sides 1st and then cover the top seperatly and cover the join (if it shows) with a thin roll of black fondant.

You can buy black sugar paste ready coloured either online or in a cake shop. To make sure it stays black you're best off not using icing sugar and using Trex instead. I find that I have to use icing sugar underneath it when I roll out otherwise it gets sticky. If you do you'll have to be mega careful not to get any on your rolling pin, hands or the top of the fondant.

If I was making it I'd have 2 rounds, one smaller for the bottom part with the checkerboard and a larger one that you can carve to an angle. I'd buy a thin cake board the same diameter as the smaller cake and put that on the bottom of the big cake, in the middle. Then I'd turn it over so that I could carve from the cake board down to the outer edge of the big cake to make an even angle all round the cake. Then I'd take off the cake board and sandwich it with the smaller cake.

Deffo use ribbon as checkerboard can be an arse!

Goodluck hun! x

Thanks.. OH MY GOD ... I dont know why I come up with these ideas! lol

I think the CAP shape would be better than the Helmet..

and I see what you mean.. about carving the angle. Just hope I can pull it off! He likes the lemon flavouring the best but cant colour black lemon can I?? Thats just not right.. :nope:

or could have the lemon inside the sandwhich and on top holding on the black rolled.. oh my decisions decisions!

Defo getting ribbon checkerband.. that would be such an arse.. unless I had a SQUARE punch cutter?? :blush: dont think they make them lol

But ALSO.. he is now OFF ON ANNUAL LEAVE that hes owed and gotta take.. for 14 days!! so I am gonna have trouble getting him out the house!! cos I wanted it to be a surprise!!!!

May have to send him and the boy off to see his mum for the day.. and say I need some ME time.. lol

ANYONE ELSE GOT A GOOD TIP I CAN PUT TO USE ..

and I promise to post pics no matter how shite it turns out! haha

Hello, I'm new here!

And I'm gonna start with a question if you don't mind.....

what recipe(s) do you use for cupcake icing?

I ask because I find normal buttercream (half and half icing sugar and butter) too sweet on a cupcake because there is so much of it. I usually do big cakes and buttercream on them is ok cos there is less of it per bite iykwim, so it doesn't seem as sickly sweet.

there's some recipes for icing on the first page and i also posted a recipe a couple of pages back.

Hello

This has probably been asked before but can you buttercream cupcakes the night before? they are for work tomo and Im up at 5.30 am to leave at 6.30 am and I dont really want to be buttercreaming them then lol. Ive got an airtight container to keep them all in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->