Cake Making & Baking Group

I would of thought it would have all mixed together when it got hot in the oven but obviously not :haha:
I am gonna try that next batch I make

Ta, will post pics when I am done.

Hi everyone, I've been baking nearly all afternoon and finally finished some chocolate cupcakes. Tried using Lindy Smith's method of sugarpaste and royal icing stencils. I think I need alot more practice though to make them look perfect. Also tried out her buttercream icing. It's really different, tastes a bit like icecream and would be perfect for a black forrest gateau type pudding.

Anyway, here are some photos.

Attachments

• DSCF1167.jpg
    DSCF1167.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF1170.jpg
    DSCF1170.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 15
wow theyre lovely Wallie..
never seen that stencil technique before.. it looks really effective! :thumbup:

They are lovely Wallie. Can you send me the recipe for her Buttercream. I would like to try it.

I so want my glass to arrive soon! Flipping thing hasnt even been despatched and I have cakes to make for OH birthday tomorrow so I am gonna have to lug everything to my mums.
I brought Wiltons melting pink chocolate and made hearts out of it for Valentines. They are really good. You can buy the moulds too

My local hobbycraft had all Wilton and Culpitt bits. Including the chocolate and moulds.

We don't have a Hobbycraft on the Island.
Would like to see pics once you've made them though :) x

I did a few so I will get pics and post them. Its my OH birthday tomorrow and I am doing all different.. (goodness me) I havent got an oven because I smashed the glass in it so waiting for my replacement so having to go to my mums to do them.
Will post pics of them later..
These are the candy melts I used but in pink
https://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-Wilton-Orange-Candy-Melts®-14oz397g_346507.htm
And this is the mould
https://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/products-Wilton-Hearts-Chocolate-Mould_346530.htm

I'm going to make heart cupcakes for St Valentines day too.

Recipe for swiss meringue buttercream is:

4 egg whites
250g/9oz caster sugar
250g/9oz unsalted butter, softened
a few drops of vanilla extract

Place the egg whites and sugar into a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir while heating to prevent the egg whites cooking.

Once the sugar crystals have dissolved, remove the bowl from the heat and whisk the meringue to its full volume and the mixture is cool - about 5 minutes

Add the butter and vanilla and continue to whisk for about 10 minutes - the mixture will reduce in volume and look curdled, but don't panic! Keep whisking until the icing has a smooth, light and fluffy texture.

Store in a refrigerator for up to two days, and re-beat before using.

This buttercream is not stable above 15 degrees C/59 degrees F, so not suitable for hot days or climates - so okay for UK then? :rofl:

I have to do 24 on Wednesday for someones sons 1st birthday heres to hoping my glass comes or I am at my mums again lol

I'm going to make heart cupcakes for St Valentines day too.

Recipe for swiss meringue buttercream is:

4 egg whites
250g/9oz caster sugar
250g/9oz unsalted butter, softened
a few drops of vanilla extract

Place the egg whites and sugar into a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir while heating to prevent the egg whites cooking.

Once the sugar crystals have dissolved, remove the bowl from the heat and whisk the meringue to its full volume and the mixture is cool - about 5 minutes

Add the butter and vanilla and continue to whisk for about 10 minutes - the mixture will reduce in volume and look curdled, but don't panic! Keep whisking until the icing has a smooth, light and fluffy texture.

Store in a refrigerator for up to two days, and re-beat before using.

This buttercream is not stable above 15 degrees C/59 degrees F, so not suitable for hot days or climates - so okay for UK then? :rofl:

Oooo thanks. Gonna give it a go when I havent got the twins.

I have to do 24 on Wednesday for someones sons 1st birthday heres to hoping my glass comes or I am at my mums again lol

Did the glass arrive in time? I really hope it did! x

Yeah it did. It arrived on Tuesday! My neighbour took it in for me. Thankfully. Managed to get OH's cupcakes done and my the 1st birthday ones..
Thanks for asking. x

Will post some piccies when I am home

I made the first birthday ones with vanilla buttercream and oreo! I will post pics. Has anyone got any other buttercream recipes?

pics

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 14
Thank you... I wanna try the coloured layers thats my next task.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->