Cake Making & Baking Group

I am making some cuppies today for a friend so I will post pics.

Ooo what you making? Will look forward to pics.

I've just bought a mini round cake pan (silverwood 16x2inch) and some stencils and I am desperate to give them a trial. If only I had someone to tidy up after me. If I did I'd bake every day!

Only thing is I think the 2inch cakes are a lot smaller than I had envisaged so I don't know whether to sell them on and buy the bigger ones (eith 2.5 or 3?) or just to keep them

She wants something different so I am going to attempt to try something different. Havent a clue yet..
I have a cake tin but I havent tried it yet. I dont really know what I am doing with cakes lol

Few Choc ones from today...

Attachments

• P2043065.jpg
    P2043065.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 12
Bournville cocoa powder but i make it into a runny paste with a few teaspoons of boiled water.Looks darker because of the flash i think. x

Thanks will try that. Mine always comes out a lighter mousse kind of colour

ooooo i so want a go of making the cupcakes i am good at baking if i do say so myself how do you do the iceing ?

well the coppers hat was a disaster.. came out as flat as a pancake! I needed to to three layers of cake to get the hieght then it would have been better.. plus I only had 4 hours whilst he was at his mums cos it was a complete surprise.

I am embarrassed to put pics up! I am so ashamed I didnt do three level.. it would have been much sturdier and not toppling as I tried to crumb coat it!!

but its only my second try of a novelty cake.. so more practice I think. It just wasnt firm enough to decorate and kept falling apart..
is the trick to carve after being frozen? I didnt even have time to freeze.. only went in the fridge for an hour before carving then rapidly warmed up!

I havent a clue why it fell to bits.. it was so soft all breaking up rather moist! lol - thats why the black roll out icing looks all bumpy.. cos of the repaired sponge underneath!

in the pics it looks like only one layer.. I assure your there is two. It just went so flat :cry: lol
Beatin'myself up ere! llmao

I think if I had been able to PRACTICE or at least do the sponge in advance it would be a different story. but its so hard keeping it a suprise from a family member who is on annual leave and hardly leaving the house!! :grr:
He was happy with it.. I am not :nope: we live and learn....

https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/customised%20buggys/cakes%20n%20stuff/06022011518.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/customised%20buggys/cakes%20n%20stuff/04022011500.jpg https://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s51/tsia977/customised%20buggys/cakes%20n%20stuff/04022011503.jpg

well the coppers hat was a disaster.. came out as flat as a pancake! I needed to to three layers of cake to get the hieght then it would have been better.. plus I only had 4 hours whilst he was at his mums cos it was a complete surprise.

I am embarrassed to put pics up! I am so ashamed I didnt do three level.. it would have been much sturdier and not toppling as I tried to crumb coat it!!

(pics uploading)

Oh, dont worry hun ull get better with practise. Can't wait to see pictures :haha: x

Don't put yourself down hun, that is bloody good for a first go at it and only having 4 hours!!
I doubt i could do that if I had 4 days
:hugs:

That is awesome for a first try! i bet it tasted yummy! Man now i want cake!!

:haha:

Aww bless you Tsia, it's so annoying when things don't turn out as you'd envisaged. Don't beat yourself up, bet it tasted great even if you weren't happy with the way it looked. It's amazing the difference a trial run can make. I'm feeling brave so I'm going to try and find an example of one of my 1st attempts!

Did you use Madiera cake? That's the best for carving and yes if you freeze it, it'll be even easier.

1st go and 1st novelty cake, 2nd ever covered in fondant. Learnt a lot!!!
https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/LisaGandAmelia/P1030319.jpg

2nd attempt and 3rd fondant cake. I'd still change a lot looking back on it but it's a different cake compaired to the picture above lol
https://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu166/LisaGandAmelia/25170_698790002683_61211885_4312224.jpg

Tsia, I think its brilliant for the time you had.. If you had more time then it might of been how you imagined, definitely dont beat yourself up about it. I think its fab for a first try!

Love them whoopy!

I am trying to post pics of my cupcakes but my comp wont let me so will try later

Ok here are some.

I wanna learn how to do the icing when there is two colours. I tried but it didnt come out right..

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 081.jpg
    081.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 4
The 4th pic is of Chloe and Jaycee's birthday cupcakes, the others are friends of mine that have wanted them.^^

Here are some more.

The swirly one is peanut butter but it didnt come out soft like I had hoped!

Attachments

• 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 092.jpg
    092.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 110.jpg
    110.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 3
wow all the cakes look so nice! I love baking will be making a pineapple upside down cake and chocolate cupcakes this evening will post some pics :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->