Cake Making & Baking Group

Love your website and hope you don't think i'm being rude but you have spelt Gallery wrong. xxx

Well ladies, it's not going well. Looks all lumpy and wonky! I'm not happy at all. Luckily it's only for a friend and I'm only charging £20.

I found covering a large square a bit more challenging as you need so much more fondant. I found I kept gettin elephant skin and then the odd tear as it was so heavy. Took me 3 attempts to get it covered. An extra pair of hands helps enormously.

OMG my head is completely up my backside!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! The cake is for next week not this. Good job I didn't finish it:dohh::dohh::dohh::growlmad:

This is what happens when you're going through a seperation, taking on a new massive project at work and doing over time, and trying to keep on top of cakes.:cry:

OMG my head is completely up my backside!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! The cake is for next week not this. Good job I didn't finish it:dohh::dohh::dohh::growlmad:

This is what happens when you're going through a seperation, taking on a new massive project at work and doing over time, and trying to keep on top of cakes.:cry:

Oh hun :hugs:

Looking forward to seeing it next week.

:hugs: xx

Hi ladies,
i havent been on here in ages.

Since my last visit i now have a website

www.thelittlecupcakery.net

Things have been going well and today i have just taken an order for a 12" square
fisherman themed cake, Bit worried as ive never iced a square cake before always round ones. Is it harder?

Love the website. Did you make those silver flowers they are lovely.

yes hun they are made with a mould and then i just sprayed them with silver lustre x

My Girly Birthday Cupcakes ready for tomorrow :thumbup:

Attachments

• P2103110.jpg
    P2103110.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 18
Okay so the step by step, will try type it all out now but OH is moaning at me to go to bed.

Bake vanilla sponges.
While in oven start decs so they can harden slightly.

I used Sainsbury's soft white icing.

Start with the roses. Take an amount of icing and use paste to get whatever colour you require. I used pink silverspoon for the pink, and melon sugarflair for the yellow. To make 6 at a similar size to the ones I did you need about a tennis ball sized amount. (I meant to do all pink but ran out of icing :blush:)

Take a 6th of your ball. Squeeze the sides together so the middle pops upwards slightly. Then roll so it's pretty thin and sausage shaped. Fold in half. Take one end and fold it downwards to create the middle so there is like a tail kinda thing. Then just roll along the length, adjusting as you go so you like it. Then when it's big enough, roll it off downward and chop off the bottom. Using your fingers shape the bottom so it's more rounded. Chop off the extra bit so the bottom is flat. Leave for 30-mins to 1 hour to harden slightly so they don't squish when you put them on.

Leaves- I used a mix of gooseberry and holly green sugarflair. Take small ball, about the size of a broad bean. Roll with hands so it's just not quite round, kinda like a rugby ball. Squash with fondant smoother. Pinch each end at the same time so it's kinda diamond shaped. Use fingers to shape as you like. Using the back of a knife (or leaf veiner if you have one, I don't) put a line down the middle and some coming off at a diagonal. Repeat x however many you need.

Make light green buttercream using gooseberry sugarflair. Pipe cupcakes using 1M. Position roses and flowers on top :)

HTH. If not I'll make one and take pics xx

Anyone know of a suitable cake for a diabetic? x

I did some cupcakes recently using sweetner and they were awful :( there is a recipe for using honey but thats natural sugar and I *think* depends on the level of diabetic...other than that i'm yet to find a good one!!

Not been in here in ageeeessss!! Absolutely stunning cakes ladies, well done!! & Keep it up!

Gem I love your website, very cute & cakery! xxx

I made some for my sister last night but I am at work so cant post pics. I am doing my SIL's wedding cuppies in August so we are flinging some ideas around right now. I have just ordered some moulds and I plan to start practising. She is having gerberas (sp) as her flowers so I have ordered a plunger cutter too.

I hjave cupcakes baking at the mo. Vanilla with a dab of raspberry jam in then. and will ice with chocolate butter cream icing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->