Cake Making & Baking Group

Finally got the actual cake part perfect but my icing still isnt perfect, I think it was too running because I only have food colouring & not paste & also I only managed to ice 10 of the cupcakes instead of 12 because I ran out :dohh:
I will get there though, just needs lots more practice x

Ahh lovely pics!

My brother was 29 yesterday so made him some cupcakes. Also found out I am gonna be an aunty to a nephew! My mum and dads first grandson lol

Attachments

• 138.jpg
    138.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 14
The cupcakes are fab Laura x bet your brother loved them x
Congrats on becoming an auntie to a nephew xx

Wow some fantastic cupcakes and cakes on here ladies :)

I'm having a bit of a night mare, just a whinge really, I have 24 cupcakes to do for Sat it is for a gay party the ideas I got when asked what they wanted was "fabulous, bright and glittery with butterflies and flowers" :lol:

Ok not a problem there I've ordered and recieved what I need, I was all ready to start the decorations last night and I have knackered my knee, soo not happy I can't stand for any length of time :cry:
So i gave up last night, so please wish me luck that I get my mojo back and a good support bandage to do them tonight otherwise I am buggered!!!

Hope it gets better jo. Is there no way you could do it sitting down? Like at your dining table? My back and legs kill when I stand for too long so can imagine what it feels like with a bad knee... Hope you get them done

Hope your knee is better soon Jo x
I agree with Laura, could you not sit at the table & do the decorations?? x

Thanks girls I might try it but I think the table might be too low, I'm quite tall and my worksurface is just at the right height.

OH is bringing me a better support strap in with him so fingers crossed it will hold until I get done :pray:

Hope something works out for ya.

Gotta do 24 cupcakes tomorrow for twins 1st birthday.

Did the first birthday ones for the twins.. Here are the pics.

I had to go to my local cake decorating suppliers and get some purple sugarflair, I am in love with the colours!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 12
Laura - as always, cuppies are gorgeous. And congrats on getting a nephew! The girls will love bossing him about I'm sure!

Jo - did you manage to get the cakes done? Hope your knee is on the mend :hugs:

Reedy - cakes look fab! The gel colours will definitely make a difference when you get some.

Well I made the basket of roses cake for my mum. It was a bit of a disaster (cake was too big so the basket dwarfed the flowers, and I'd been practising piping roses with royal icing all week but just couldn't get the consistency right. It was either to stiff and impossible to pipe, or too runny and the petals ended up melting into each other.) So I ended up just doing Rose buttercream swirls. Not entirely happy with it, but mum was and it tasted good. And people kept poking the basket because they didn't believe it was icing :haha:

https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/76c8aff6.jpg

Cocoa I love it... It looks amazing... Your mum liked it anyway and thats what mattered..

Laura - those cupcakes are amazing, your very talented x
Cocoaone - Fab cake, no wonder your mum loved it x

I'm going to attempt Black Forest gateau cupcakes this weekend
I'll do chocolate sponge, then scoop out the middle & add cherry syrup (the stuff you get in a tin for pie filling) & then top with whipped cream & a fresh cherry x

i could never find kirsch when I needed it! Always ended up buying the jars of cocktail cherries and using the Kirsch out of those for my black forest gateaus!

I have bought kirsch, but not for years. You could use Cherry Brandy instead though.

Cocoa that looks fantastic!!!

My knee is much better thank you and I'm pleased with the cupcakes I did, I found out it was a "mad hatters tea party" I'll try and get pics on later xx

Reedy, hope you can find some kirsch. Cant wait for pics..

Glad your knee is better Jo..

My friend just phoned to say could I do her OH's 30th Birthday cupcakes this sunday.. Gonna do them saturday night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->