Cake Making & Baking Group

Well been messing around with the bow mould, I am in love lol..

Im not sure what one is my favourite, maybe the yellow but I like them all. Its not easy but didnt have a good time with chocolate so started using icing and then putting it in the freezer, I have loads of moulds that I have ordered but never actually used them.

Attachments

• 250353_10150209062084033_717559032_7071219_3937666_n.jpg
    250353_10150209062084033_717559032_7071219_3937666_n.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 10

Im not sure what one is my favourite, maybe the yellow but I like them all. Its not easy but didnt have a good time with chocolate so started using icing and then putting it in the freezer, I have loads of moulds that I have ordered but never actually used them.

Ohhhhhh. You meant like a sugarpaste/chocolate moulds?

I use silicone moulds which I get from Ebay (inbox me if you want seller deets). I mix tylo powder with my sugar paste before using, roll into small balls and then push in and scrape off excess with a knife before just flexing the mould and popping them out. They come out fab and dry hard very quickly. Then dust with some lutre dust and all sorted.

I've not tried with chocolate yet xxx

Ohhhhhh. You meant like a sugarpaste/chocolate moulds?

I use silicone moulds which I get from Ebay (inbox me if you want seller deets). I mix tylo powder with my sugar paste before using, roll into small balls and then push in and scrape off excess with a knife before just flexing the mould and popping them out. They come out fab and dry hard very quickly. Then dust with some lutre dust and all sorted.

I've not tried with chocolate yet xxx

Silicone moulds.. Will inbox you now.. The ebay seller I buy off is great but its pricey some of them, anyway!
I do exactly what you do but I use royal icing and without the tylo.

Kitty - your cakes are fab x
Laura - I love the bows they are gorgeous x

whats Tylo??

Tylo powder is like an edible solidifying agent. It can be mixed with water and makes an edible glue for modelling or if you mix it in fully to your sugar paste before modelling/moulding it allows the sugarpaste to dry thoroughly all the way through and go hard. The only down side is that once mixed in you need to work pretty fast as it does start working quite fast.

And thank you Reedy. I've had a look back and all the cakes posted here look awesome. I didn't know there were so many fab bakers here on BnB xxx

Kitty your cakes are gorgeous! It's lovely to see some "different" looking cupcakes to the norm!

The Cherry pie one is my fav!

I loved the cherry pie one too x
Thats what I love about cupcakes you can pretty much do anything with them x

I have to agree the cherry pie one and the burger! Amazing!! Talented for sure!

Is tylo the same as trag?

Can I join? I'm just getting into baking, I've started making my own cupcakes.

Don't look quite as good as Kitty's though!

dont know if I put my Black Forest Gateau cuppies on here but if I didnt here you go x

Attachments

• BFG boxed Cupcakescopy.jpg
    BFG boxed Cupcakescopy.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 6
  • BFG cuppiescopy.jpg
    BFG cuppiescopy.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5
I need a decent rose silicone mould! I haven't put piccies on here for ages..anyone want to see?

Nawww. They are lush. Are those rainbow butterflies (not teh PME plunger cutter ones) edible? They are devine!! xx

They are fab GF x I've just bought some of the wafer butterflies for my neices cupcakes x Just hope they get here by monday x

I've got cupcakes to make for monday & thursday eeeekkk completely forgot all about it :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->