Cake Making & Baking Group

Mmmm looking at these make me hungry... I'm going to blame Andrea for sending me here as she said you did fab cupcakes kittyventura ;)

Bugger I'm now going to spend a fortune buying more cake things :dohh:

My mums just taken my bank card :haha: she also wants my login details for internet banking so she can check, would you guess I am 24 lol.

:rofl: :rofl: my mum would too but she's into baking and my gran owned a wedding cake company...so they can't say anything :haha:

:rofl: I feel like a child again stripped of my toys! Lol.

I have to tell mum what I want and she will 'decide' whether I need it. :haha:

I have to start paying back some bills lol.. I shouldnt laugh but I do think its funny!

:haha: my mum would be meaaaaaaaaan doing that. Is it just baking or everything :shock::haha:

:haha: my mum would be meaaaaaaaaan doing that. Is it just baking or everything :shock::haha:

Its everything :haha: but mainly baking stuff. EBAY IS KILLING ME! Lol.

Its good though because I am going to be saving and I will be paying off my bills too so this time next year I will be debt free (apart from car finance)

Goregous cakes as always girls x

I've been on holiday for 2 weeks but now I'm back & have money again I want to really get in to making my cupcakes x
I want to a proper mixer, a whisk just doesnt cut it x
also want some wilton nozzles & some disposable piping bags x
plus while I was away my parents decorated my kitchen so I actually want to be in there baking now yay x

Ahh thats nice of your mum and dad. I want a proper mixer too but they are so expensive so I am gonna pay off some of my debts and then save for one..

Think I'm going to have to save too, seeing as the one i want is around £300 :shock:

these are some of the cupcakes i did for mf bfs neice's b day party. it was little mermaid and i made ALOT more and a cake to go with it but didnt get pix of that because we were in a hurry

Attachments

• P6180011.jpg
    P6180011.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 18
  • P6180012.jpg
    P6180012.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 15
  • P6180013.jpg
    P6180013.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 15
Ive done that so many times! Forget to take pics. Its so annoying.

Im doing my mums friends sisters wedding on 31st July. 25 carrot cake, 25 coconut cake, 25 rich chocolate. I did her some samples and she loved them. So very pleased. Cant wait. It will be the first proper picture I will get of what my cakes look like on a larger scale than just a box of 12 lol.

The Little mermaid cakes look yummy x

Laura - cant wait to see the pics for those x Thats a lot of baking x Loads of luck x
I really need to start up again, DH is off next weekend so might have to get back into it then x

Hi, I havent posted in this part before but just wondered if anyone could recommend any alphabet cutters, they dont have to be overly great as I will only use them to do home cooking etc. Thanks :)

Tappits are really good. They do them in larger letters and smaller letters and numbers too. Plus they do funky letter cutters too.

I have the funky large ones, large number ones and I also have the small upper case ones.

Thanks, I will have a look around for them, did you get them off the net? :flower:

Thanks guys. Sorry I haven't replied sooner - was on my holibobs.

The little mermaid cakes are devine.

Lovely cakes Kitty. As always they look gorgeous. How do you get your black, Please tell me its not with a tonne of black extra lol..

I have my americolor so gonna give that a try

I've not done black yet. The dark ones are just loaded with cocoa. I'd imagine that adding black to a dark choc icing would be easiest though. I have some extra black to use when needed so will have a go when I get a chance lol.

Love the colours you use Kitty. x

Thanks dear. I use Sugarflair. Some (most) are paste colours but I also use some dropper colours by them too. The Tiffany blue is the dropper color "Blue Grass" and is my fave I think xxx

Our Morrisons never have brown muffin cases anymore :(

Does any of your Morrisons still stock them? x

Does anybody have experience using modelling chocolate, i am making a cake this weekend and debating using it (if i can find it/make it) i was just wondering if you can use it to ice the entire cake? and if it actually tastes any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->