Cake Making & Baking Group

Hiya girls
wondered if you could help me x I really want some stainless steel nozzles but cant afford the wilton ones as they are so expensive (some going for £4 on ebay) £I have seen a 24 piece nozzles set on ebay for £10.95 just wondered if you girls thought it was a good set for a beginner like me x
The seller has good feedback so not worried about that x
Heres the link
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190537543678

I'm no expert at all, but I use a lot of the ones in there? Really depends on what you're going to be doing :lol:

Blob - I'm using them to ice my cupcakes x The plastic ones just dont cut it x
I think I will at least experiment with them all & see what they look like iyswim x
I dont know what patterns they do from looking at them so need to try them out x if they are pants can always stick them back on ebay I suppose x

Those that use disposable piping bags do you need the adapter thing for your nozzles or not??

Oh cool thank you x going to order some disposable piping bags & those nozzles x can't wait to get baking again xxx

The quality tends to vary with cheaper ones. I only use Wilton or PME nozzles and I buy them as I go.

My friend makes cupcakes/cakes and has asked me to do her toppers as she is so busy with her 3 boys that she doesnt have time so I have plenty to do. She has ordered 50 roses, 30 leaves, 10 of each letter of alphabet, 10 of each funky tappit numbers, baby faces, mounted bows and unmounted bows. My kitchen has boards all over it with lots of toppers on them.

I have some cupcakes to do tomorrow for a friends Aunty and Uncle's 25th Wedding Anniversary.

bloody hell Laura where do you find the time?? especially with 2 toddlers x your like super woman lol x

I am going to a bakeware shop near me tomorrow so going to have a look what nozzles they have in there x

Do you use florist paste or sugarpaste for the decorations?

Me? I use royal icing. Buy it in packets already made, works very well for me.

Reedy, sometimes I dont know either. Luckily she wants some of it by the end of the weekend so the rest can be done slowly. She wants the letters but not sure if they will last a whole care journey as they are so fragile. So might just leave those ones.

I ordered some moulds off of a lady on FB and I am in love. I have the lacy undies, wellington boot and trowel and a baby carriage. I also ordered the embossing letters from her too. They are really cool.

I will show you some tomorrow as I am gonna make some extra ones.

Oooh the moulds sound fab x I want some moulds but not sure where to get them from z who's the lady pm fb you got yours from?? I want some tapits too x

Going to make some chocolate chip cupcakes tonight & ice them tomorrow I think x will post pics when I'm done x

Reedy, I get mine from Purple Cupcakes. Ebay are also a good place. PC are more expensive but the quality is soooo much better. I have some rose ones from Ebay which are lovely and my bows. I am gonna upload some pics tomorrow.

So here are todays cupcakes
Chocolate Chip sponge with Mint buttercream & Mint matchmakers x
Chocolate chip sponge with Orange buttercream & a Chocolate Orange slice x

Attachments

• chocolate Orange & mint Choc chip cuppies copy.jpg
    chocolate Orange & mint Choc chip cuppies copy.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Mint choc chip & chocolate orange cupcakes copy.jpg
    Mint choc chip & chocolate orange cupcakes copy.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Mint choc chip cupcakes copy.jpg
    Mint choc chip cupcakes copy.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 3
I'm trying fondant for the first time.

I made it once and it didnt come out anything like what I was after so I am gonna buy some from my local cake shop. I have loads of moulds and at first the royal icing seemed to work but now it seems that it gets wet and sticky so quickly when you take them out the freezer.
Hopefully it works. I havent uploaded pics of my cakes this weekend so will do later when I am home from work.

Hiya girls
wondered if you could help me x I really want some stainless steel nozzles but cant afford the wilton ones as they are so expensive (some going for £4 on ebay) £I have seen a 24 piece nozzles set on ebay for £10.95 just wondered if you girls thought it was a good set for a beginner like me x
The seller has good feedback so not worried about that x
Heres the link
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190537543678

I really only rate Wilton ones. Cakes, cookies and crafts does them at great prices xxx

Reedy gorgeous :)

I only have Wilton ones so I haven't tried others.

It's so sad to love baking so much :haha:

Hi girls, been ages since I've had time to come on here - the joys of working full time :-(

I finally had a chance to make some cupcakes this weekend though, my nephew turned two, and he loves the bath, so...

https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/be9ba6d6.jpg
https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/60936848.jpg

The quality looks really bad, I hope they show up ok. As usual - they were a bit of a rush job because I hadn't organised anything properly :dohh:

I've got my first commission though! My friend wants a penguin themed cake for her son's first birthday, so I'm excited at all the possibilities! No idea what I'm actually going to do yet though.

How is everyone getting on? Reedy those matchmaker ones sound and look delicious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->