Cake Making & Baking Group

Love all the cakes posted since last time I did a flying visit.
Kitty - yes please to the tutorial!! I'm not a confident person and love reading / looking at photo tutorials to follow.

Question, those who have done cakes in a jar before - do you have any photos? Also, did you pop the lid on straight from the oven, or left the cake to cool down fully first?

Love all the cakes posted since last time I did a flying visit.
Kitty - yes please to the tutorial!! I'm not a confident person and love reading / looking at photo tutorials to follow.

Question, those who have done cakes in a jar before - do you have any photos? Also, did you pop the lid on straight from the oven, or left the cake to cool down fully first?

You dont bake the cakes in the jar in the oven. You bake a cake and then cut it up and fill the jar. I uploaded pics of mine a few pages back. I will upload one of mine now for you to see.

I did the cookie monster ones before. I dont use a grass nozzle I use coconut instead.

Ive uploaded some pics. The rose one I uploaded is coffee and walnut and it was amazing.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 9
I love the burgers!!

Oh and I dont think I said but my dad brought me a proper mixer. Im in love. I have to have an operation on my hand as I have carpal tunnel so dad said it would be best if I had one.. Its my favourite thing right now.

Thanks Laura! When I was reading up on them I found a bunch of recipes that actually baked it in the glass jar, think I much prefer your recommended way of just adding the cake afterwards. They look gorgeous, your cupcakes are adorable as well.

Good luck with the surgery on your hand when it's due, MIL had it done last year and is incredibly happy with the outcome, hope you'll feel the same way about it once it's all done.

Thank you Erised, I just hope it works. Now I have the mixer its not too bad and not so much pressure on my wrist.

Yes, I prefer my way. The good thing about cake jars is all you can add. We added chocolate drops to our buttercream and everyone loved them.

In Hobbycraft they actually do small jars for taste testers

Hi ladies I'm already planning my boy's 1st birthday and I want to make him a super duper in the night garden two tier cake. I pretty good and making cakes and decoration and quite artistic. I want to make the characters myself from icing as I've seen pictures of some and the one lady I would buy off seems to have disappeared so thought I'd try myself.

Is this mad? Has anyone done it??

Laura they are fab x I love the cookie monsters x and so jealous of your mixer x
want2beamummy - sorry cant help on the cake I'm not very good with icing x i only make cupcakes at the minutes x sounds a good Idea if your pretty good at them x

I bought poppy red & baby blue sugarflair paste on saturday but havent used it yet x
How much do you use??

I love baby blue.Just use a tiny bit at a time and build up the colour to how strong you want it.I use the end of a teaspoon. x

Who was it who mentioned purple cupcakes!!!! Own up ive spent a fortune :sulk:

Laura - gorgeous rose, and congrats on the mixer! I love mine so much!

I made a ladybird cake on Friday to practice using the Pyrex bowl, I was surprised how moist and well cooked it was. Blimmin delicious even if I do say so myself!
Here she is (I called her Delilah)
https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/cba37f43.jpg

I finished making all my 'bits' for the camping cake tonight, so I've just got to bake the cake, ice it, construct a tent and then put it all together. Will post a pic once it's done

Who was it who mentioned purple cupcakes!!!! Own up ive spent a fortune :sulk:

Meeeeeee :thumbup: I mentioned it but I can tell you that I know where she gets her moulds from and they are much cheaper to buy them direct, in fact she is expensive but her delivery always always comes the next day

If you buy moulds from her PM me and I will send you the link to where she buys them lol :haha:

Cocoa, I love that cake, so cute.

I also joined your group. Just typed in your photo album to fb :haha:

The Peppa cupcakes you did, what colour is that its gorgeous?

Hi guys x
Fab ladybird x
I'm making my friends little boy some cupcakes for his 2nd birthday in October (I know ages away but need to get prepared) and he loves trains & cars so does anyone know where I can buy car or train moulds for my toppers please? Purple cupcakes dont do them & ebay hasnt got any either x

Ooooooh yes please Laura I need some!!! Her nozzles are cheaper than eBay :wacko: so pleased I didn't buy them this time :haha: the flower paste looks good??

Ooooooh yes please Laura I need some!!! Her nozzles are cheaper than eBay :wacko: so pleased I didn't buy them this time :haha: the flower paste looks good??

I got my nozzles from the cake shop near me but I did order my last one off her to see as I have two closed wilton 1ms and 1 open wilton 1m! Lol. Apparently they are 2d but marked up as 1m even though they were bought at completely different times from completely different places!

I sent you the PM. They are exactly what she sells and thats her company. :thumbup:

Hi guys x
Fab ladybird x
I'm making my friends little boy some cupcakes for his 2nd birthday in October (I know ages away but need to get prepared) and he loves trains & cars so does anyone know where I can buy car or train moulds for my toppers please? Purple cupcakes dont do them & ebay hasnt got any either x

Ebay do a train mould and a car one too.

I found a good train one but cant find a car one x Do you have a link??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beetle-C...Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ&hash=item3a6629c471

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/silicone...Crafts_Cake_Decorating_MJ&hash=item43a7f99314

Two different types there. I have ordered from the below seller and he is great and his moulds are good quality

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/FPC-Sugar...id=56742839&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=3
This is the person I get all my other moulds from.

Thanks Laura x They are quite expensive though, especially the top one, is that the kind of price I'm going to be seeing a lot when buying molds??
Also what do you colour them with?? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->